You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FantomF4

one way smoke

20 comments in this topic

[AFK]
Members
140 posts
21,847 battles

There is something very wrong with this smoking system,im getting sick of getting hit by a DD in smoke and I cannot see him,and they can see me..lets fix this problem.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

The can't see you. Someone else can see you, they are spotting for the ship in smoke. Smoke works both ways. Working as intended. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,723 posts
26,569 battles

Smoke works both ways, duder. You can't see in, they can't see out. The only way they can is if something else is spotting for them, be it planes, teammates or teammates' planes.

[T-BAG]
Members
159 posts
19,248 battles

you're being spotted by another ship therefore the DD in smoke gets your location from their ally just the way it would work in the real world 

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
7,150 battles

you're being spotted by another ship therefore the DD in smoke gets your location from their ally just the way it would work in the real world 

Which was never enough to accurately fire at them. I don't have an issue with the mechanic but lets not pretend its realistic.

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

If it's shooting at you with primary batteries trace the fire back to the source and light them up. Torpedoes you see smoke you should already be weaving to throw aim off. As is it's already no one sees unless someone spots.

[T-BAG]
Members
159 posts
19,248 battles

Which was never enough to accurately fire at them. I don't have an issue with the mechanic but lets not pretend its realistic.

coordinates are all that's needed for artillery and you're forgetting or unaware that in WWII many ships had early fire control radar so an outside relay wasn't always needed to report enemy position

[AFK]
Members
140 posts
21,847 battles

he still should  be seen if he can see me .there is nobody near m except the dd in question..good try guys

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles

he still should  be seen if he can see me .there is nobody near m except the dd in question..good try guys

Yes there is somebody near you. Probably another DD who's keeping stealthy by having their guns silent. Which in turn means probably an IJN DD that was trying to torp you.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

There is something very wrong with this smoking system,im getting sick of getting hit by a DD in smoke and I cannot see him,and they can see me..lets fix this problem.

Your not going to like this .. the problem is .. you,....DD smoke is an game balance for  DDs without it they wouldn't last long, smoke is just one of the many things in game you need to deal with , some Cruisers have it also , in time you'll learn to work around it...this is a complicated game weather your DD,CA BB,CVwe all have our strengths and weaknesses..but the bottom line 

"Adapt-Improvise-Overcome"

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish

[AFK]
Members
140 posts
21,847 battles

well now I had a cruiser doing the same thind,brit leander,I went into someone elses smoke in a game and ships disappeared? answer this one..dealing with these teams is like herding cats.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

when I put up smoke I cannot see out...game is not balanced.

Im not sure whats going on, ive noticed similar situations as well plus things like if I use my spotter plane for visable ships as soon as I launch plane they dissapear or dissapear after first volly , not all the time but  can not figuer out why .. did not do this a while ago , anyway the next upgrate will be a biggy , will see what happens

[AFK]
Members
140 posts
21,847 battles

that was a topper when I went into others smoke and a cruser disappeared..unless they are using an aimbot,there is no way to see me..

Members
367 posts
7,867 battles

coordinates are all that's needed for artillery and you're forgetting or unaware that in WWII many ships had early fire control radar so an outside relay wasn't always needed to report enemy position

​1- Military Smoke is White Phosphorous smoke used because its efficient and because it blocks all light spectrums which is what radar is.  So if you want realism radar should not see through smoke.

2- Ships never spotted for each other until computers came along because it requires way too many calculations and a gps system, calling in IDF over water is not at all like doing it on land.

[PNP]
[PNP]
Alpha Tester
1,033 posts
3,578 battles

​1- Military Smoke is White Phosphorous smoke used because its efficient and because it blocks all light spectrums which is what radar is.  So if you want realism radar should not see through smoke.

2- Ships never spotted for each other until computers came along because it requires way too many calculations and a gps system, calling in IDF over water is not at all like doing it on land.

Except smokescreens in ww2 were created by altering Oil - fuel mixtures. 

Members
367 posts
7,867 battles

Except smokescreens in ww2 were created by altering Oil - fuel mixtures. 

​They still used chemical additives to create white smoke, black smoke created by adding oil or starving the engine of oxygen absorbs light and heats up rising above usefulness.  If you see an old film or picture of a smokescreen with white smoke its made using a chemical additive.  The white vs black smoke is important because the reason the smoke is white is because it is reflecting all light, rather than absorbing it.  The reflection renders radar useless.

[TOXIX]
Members
91 posts
14,921 battles

ooooh you want realistic

ok, lets change load times and accuracy. and game play will take hours, instead of minutes. also repairing of main batteries and guns during battle wouldn't happen. quick repair and putting fires out instantly, wouldn't happen...waves in the ocean changing your aim and movement of their ship through waves...

then from now on, any enemy spotted by ship X is not relayed to you.

because that would be realistic.

also if you get far enough away from your team mates, they also disappear

smoke screens work as intended. if they are shooting at you, its because someone else is spotting for them.

i can tell you right now, if someone is not spotting for them. they can't see you either. i primarily play as DD. i don't even care if someone uses the smoke screen. i just fire a range of torps into it and move away. if they are firing...great now i can shoot at them too