You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

2 Questions about Combining Flags &/or Skills

5 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,019 battles

First:  if you mount Target Acquisition Mod 1, it adds 20% to torp detection.  If your captain has Vigilance, it adds 25% to torp detection range.  Does Vigilance stack on top of TAS?  IOW my Fubuki Type 90 Mod 2 torps are detectable at 1.4km.  If I have both TASM and Vigilance, is the detection range up to 1.75km (125% of 1.4) or does it go up to 2.10km (1.4 * 120% *125%)?

Second:  mounting Juliet Whiskey Unaone adds 15% to the chance of flooding - an excellent idea for any ship shooting torps, especially weak torps like Sims'.  However, that flag also increases the chance of a DETONATION by 5%.  Not a huge increase but I hate being blown up.  So would adding a Juliet Charlie flag which reduces the chance of magazine detonation by 100% be a perfect compliment to Juliet Whiskey Unaone so you get the extra flooding chance but zero chance of detonation?

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

One: yes, they do stack

Two: not sure how it works, they do make a good combo but i'm not sure what your final chance of detonation is.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

We've been told that the Anti-det flag negates any chance of being detonated. Players opinions vary. Haven't had it happen in a long time, and it's rarity makes any bug with it very hard to document.

Many players have claimed to have been detonated while running the flag, but no one has posted any proof...

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,019 battles

Thanks - that's very helpful. 

I'm re-thinking Concealment vs. TAS for Friedrich der Grosse assuming Vigilance stacks on top.  Great ship but it does-not-turn-fast...