Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DingBat

United Task Force opinions

United Task Force: Go/No Go?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy the United Task Force?

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

So, I'm a bit late to the destroyer thing, but I find I like it. A lot. 

I've heard so many good things about the Blys that I was really looking forward to picking one up today. But now I've got to consider the United Task Force. Hadn't really thought about the Anshan or Lo Yang. I have a Dunk. 

So, opinion time. Given that I enjoy DD play, are the Anshan, Lo Yang, and approx 5500 doubloons a worthwhile "bonus" to the Blys as part of this bundle? Or wait for a later date.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

Blyskawica is worth it, if you think it is. It's my favorite destroyer in the game. Have you read LWMs review of it?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

I'd get it. I really regret not getting Lo Yang but I cannot justify dropping that much cash right now, but I love Anshan she's a damn good DD.

• Cool 1

Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

Blyskawica is worth it, if you think it is. It's my favorite destroyer in the game. Have you read LWMs review of it?

Yes, which kind of confirmed my "want it". 

Btw, that series is exceptional, not just for the value in the opinions, but for the quality of writing. You should both be proud.

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

I got it already owning the blysk (which I love) the ships are all fun to play.

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

I bough the I already owning a Blyskawica. Dunkerque is a blast; Anshan is a better Gremyashchy, imo, especially with the +100% to free xp! Lo Yang is great, I don't do too well in it, but then again, I still don't have concealment expert to compete for caps with. I can't wait to use the 6km torps. I don't need to sell you on Blyskawica. (Still say Leningrad is better, but meh, Blys is still great!)

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,642 battles

Anshan is a better Gremyashchy...

Ummmmm no. Anshan is a nerfed Gremyashchy a tier higher. It's a good ship, but it's no Gremmy.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Ummmmm no. Anshan is a nerfed Gremyashchy a tier higher. It's a good ship, but it's no Gremmy.

Actually yes. It can do something a Gremy can't do. KNIFE FIGHT in a turn. Set up correctly in a close range dogfight I will smoke a Gremy with an Anshan hands down. Now if he does the kite/invisi fire, he's got me, but other than that, Anshan is a better DD period.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

It really depends. I love the Anshan (though I am biased), A fun gunboat with extra free XP earning. The Blys is also a great hybrid DD. The Lo Yang is the only one I wasn't sold on, I like the B-Hull Benson and didn't see the Lo Yang being different enough...But that was before I noticed the Hydro consumable. You already have the Dunk (but I didn't and not love it too) so I wont go into that. For me it was 3 good and fun DDs all in different tiers all with slightly different playstyles. If you like t6-8 DD, you understand that each ship will need a fresh captain and can't be used as a trainer (the PRC and ROC DDs can trade captains..but for RPG reasons I would NEVER, plus they need different captain skills), then I would say yes. But just make sure you read the reviews and have a idea what your getting into.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I'd get it. I really regret not getting Lo Yang but I cannot justify dropping that much cash right now, but I love Anshan she's a damn good DD.

I picked up the bundle because I wanted the Anshan and Lo Yang.  I'm not convinced it was a good pick up since I have Gremyaschy and Benson...plus the Dunk and Blys...but I thought that a gunboat DD with hydro might be interesting for someone who likes to go into the smoke screens hunting DDs.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

I picked up the bundle because I wanted the Anshan and Lo Yang.  I'm not convinced it was a good pick up since I have Gremyaschy and Benson...plus the Dunk and Blys...but I thought that a gunboat DD with hydro might be interesting for someone who likes to go into the smoke screens hunting DDs.

Both of them are great gunboats and like I said Anshan can knife fight where as the Gremy can't.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,642 battles

Actually yes. It can do something a Gremy can't do. KNIFE FIGHT in a turn. Set up correctly in a close range dogfight I will smoke a Gremy with an Anshan hands down. Now if he does the kite/invisi fire, he's got me, but other than that, Anshan is a better DD period.

Ok, so better turret traverse. Equal or worse everything else.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Ok, so better turret traverse. Equal or worse everything else.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Not really. But keep thinking that. Only thing Gremy has is kiting ability and slightly better HE.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

7Up6eoL.jpg

Blys and Anshan are pretty damn good, Yo Lang is.... well she is an amazing boat to div with, if you play her w/out the expectation of doing damage and completely focus on team play she is pretty great. Solo Pubbin tho... Yo Lang is brutal.

If you like Destroyers that is a pretty good bundle tbh 

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

Depends. I would get it for the Dunkerque because I like the idea of playing like a tank destroyer. Smile_bush.gif

Nose forward, all guns to bare. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

Sign in to follow this