You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SteffisCute

I know the guy is a bad actor BUT....

39 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
660 posts

You would think he would have put a BIT more effort into his voice acting? I swear when my ship catches fire he sounds like he is annoyed that his Big Mac lunch was interrupted rather than the ship is burning. I know, Steven Seagal isn't Laurence Olivier but still......

BARF!!!!

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles

You would think he would have put a BIT more effort into his voice acting? I swear when my ship catches fire he sounds like he is annoyed that his Big Mac lunch was interrupted rather than the ship is burning. I know, Steven Seagal isn't Laurence Olivier but still......

BARF!!!!

It does sound suspiciously like he's reading his lines at gunpoint.

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

Has Seagul ever voice acted before? Its a totally different beast from live acting. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

Evidently you never watch ol' Stevie on TV or in movies. This guy is Mr. Cool. He rarely gets excited. Probably part of his martial arts training. Aikido is a more passive/defensive art than Karate. Very little screaming and yelling going on.  Even in Under Siege, he did very little in the way of yelling or screaming. And that was a high-action movie. He exemplifies a man IN CONTROL. Just the kind of Captain I want commanding one of my BBs...right now it's the New York. :)

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,465 posts
4,344 battles

Evidently you never watch ol' Stevie on TV or in movies. This guy is Mr. Cool. He rarely gets excited. Probably part of his martial arts training. Aikido is a more passive/defensive art than Karate. Very little screaming and yelling going on.  Even in Under Siege, he did very little in the way of yelling or screaming. And that was a high-action movie. He exemplifies a man IN CONTROL. Just the kind of Captain I want commanding one of my BBs...right now it's the New York. :)

​Just a fat slob on a high more like lol
  • Cool 3

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

Sounds just fine to me. Head and shoulders above those dreadful UK voice lines, even. 

Members
194 posts
7,915 battles

It sounds as if someone sent him phrases to read, but without defining their context.  His lackadaisical "Fire!" announcement is legendary.

It could be, that he is so cool under fire (pun intended), that he just sounds bored to us mortals. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,170 posts
15,765 battles

It does sound suspiciously like he's reading his lines at gunpoint.

He was always a bad actor. Not surprised his voice acting isn't any better.

This, he makes Chuck Norris look like Charlton Heston in comparison.
  • Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

There's a difference between "cool" and "I hate my life, why do I have to to this".

He seems to be all in on the "Why", and has given up on the "Cool"....:unsure:

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,688 battles

He sounds tired almost like he doesn't want to read the lines... I do like the bonuses... Not so much the voice...

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,130 battles

His semi-slurred speech and lackadaiscal tone towards any high priority items make me chuckle.

Maybe he's so relaxed at those torpedoes inbound starboard because he's confident he can roundhouse kick them in the face.

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

Eh, I like it fine.  Maybe it's because I actually enjoyed some of his movies when I was younger?

[BLEP]
[BLEP]
Members
1,986 posts
17,909 battles

Sean Connery or Daniel Craig for the English voice would be amazing. Actually, Sir Michael Caine would be an amazing choice as well.

Seagul is almost too relaxed, though I feel the same way about a number of the character voices. Its almost like he's stoned or something. Just: "Chillll oooooouuuuuut duuuuude" kinda mode

Edited by Kingfishercritic

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

Agreed. I was pleasantly surprised with the boosts to shell switching and turret traverse he provides ... but I can't stand his 'voice acting'. I don't want someone quietly and unintelligibly mumbling at me when torpedoes or a destroyer appear next to me.

Members
31 posts
5,882 battles

I honestly get a kick out of him in my Sims.  but havent actually gotten a chance to listen as most of the time i have the sound turned off.  I might have to turn it back on and listen.  I should have time now that I'm done earning my Takao

• Cool 1

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

There's a difference between "cool" and "I hate my life, why do I have to to this".

He seems to be all in on the "Why", and has given up on the "Cool"....:unsure:

Well you can figure Wargaming probably paid him in rubles for whatever he did. I suspect you and most of the other complainers of his abilities wouldn't be very enthused either. And I doubt any of you would have the testicular fortitude to meet him face-to-face and make these comments. 
  • Cool 1

[-HLQ-]
Members
9 posts
2,457 battles

He sounds tired almost like he doesn't want to read the lines... I do like the bonuses... Not so much the voice...

What are the bonus's?  Is it just the free 6pts or are there others?

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

What are the bonus's?  Is it just the free 6pts or are there others?

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. 
  • Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Actually, Sir Michael Caine would be an amazing choice as well.

He'd have to "upper crust" his accent though. His natural one would be more suitable for the black gang than the captain of the ship. :D