You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Consumables - are you a hoarder too?

14 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

I just looked at my consumables quantities... I have 351 Repair Party Two consumables! Wowsers.... have to start loading those on me ship...that's 1.579M in consumables..

At most I will swap a fighter into a spotter slot if it is allowed. So point of thread? 

Check your consumable quantities! You could be fighting with less than what you have! 

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
3,907 posts
19,267 battles

I go through them as fast as I can get them, rarely do i have a collection of any of them.

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

I use my DCP2s on a couple ships, my Scharnhorst and Tirpitz I believe, and I use the speed flags on everything since apparently I got a second super container of them.... But unless I have like over a 100 of something, I feel like I need to save them for later.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

There are some I don't use too often, like premium smoke. I just feel that I rarely need it, ands it costs a lot. I use DCP II, Rep Party II, Radar II, Hydro II, Def Fire II, and Torp Reload Booster II almost as much as I  can tough. 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

I always use standard consumables below T8 anyways, with the exception of my Scharnhorst.  Never a need to absorb so much damage regularly enough to justify it; the times I do, it's because I messed up.

Even for cruisers, besides repair party I never have a need for faster cooldown.  DF is the closest to a second, but CVs are just too infrequent.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,019 battles

I don't hoard consumables or flags, but I am trying to apply them for best effect. Speed boost for ships that go 40 knots or faster so that the 5% is a meaningful increase. The -10% repair cost for Tiers 7 or higher. Boost secondaries only for ships with effective secondaries. 

Frankly, I run Premium Damage Control and Repair all of the time on almost every ship. Spotting aircraft are fairly useless, but I'd use Premium fighters if I had them b cause they're aloft much longer and see torpedoes. Premium smoke on all DDs so the captain can be spec'd for Vigilance instead of Superintendent.

But I have a Premium account and never run short of credits. Free XP - yes, I'm always short on that!

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

I guess you could say I hoard

558 Repair Party II

Yeah... I think that might count as hoarding... although... one could say you are saving them for a rainy day, the right reason to use them.

I was sorta kinda thinking it might be worth saving them... and the Dragon flags... for the new DD line(s)/changes coming... and the upcoming commander skill changes... 

But I think if I had 558, maybe time to use a few... you know, get it down to 400? 

[NAVAL]
Banned
1,416 posts

Yeah... I think that might count as hoarding... although... one could say you are saving them for a rainy day, the right reason to use them.

I was sorta kinda thinking it might be worth saving them... and the Dragon flags... for the new DD line(s)/changes coming... and the upcoming commander skill changes... 

But I think if I had 558, maybe time to use a few... you know, get it down to 400? 

​So I finally put them on my Iowa.  I really have not seen the need for them.  I even just started using my hundreds of signal flags - only to train CO's.

Members
112 posts
11,904 battles

Flags I use as they are fairly easy to get, but consumables I hoard  for ranked battle and team battles in the future.

Edited by Lt_Cmdr_Queeg