Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Grober Kurfurst question

9 comments in this topic

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

I am considering getting the Grober Kurfurst BB, about her guns, is the 420 MM guns is it better than her stock guns?

Also what I want to know is the 420 MM guns the 16" guns?

Edited by Mr_Alex

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

both are 16 inch guns, but the 420 i think are like 16.2 or something like that.  Either way from what i've found, the 420 are better in the way of dealing more consistent damaging hits.  Mind you, this is only a comparison of the two on the Friedrich, not the Kurfurst but it shouldn't make a difference.

Beta Testers
803 posts
5,058 battles

That's all I use on mine,  I've never used the stock ones. They will allow you to overmatch thicker armor bit I'm not sure if there's any ships with a armor thickness that 420s can overmatch but smaller guns can't.  Only downside is for some reason they have a 2 second longer reload which I think is stupid as yamatos 460s still reload in 30 seconds.

[SYN]
Members
336 posts
16,562 battles

Großer Kurfürst

or

Grosser Kurfuerst

anything else is verboten

edit: it just occurred to me I'm a spelling nazi... 

Edited by bremen_
  • Cool 1

[CHAOS]
Members
574 posts
2,491 battles

I am considering getting the Grober Kurfurst BB, about her guns, is the 420 MM guns is it better than her stock guns?

Also what I want to know is the 420 MM guns the 16" guns?

420mm is the way to go on the Kurfurst, same on Frederick der Grosse.

[HEROS]
-Members-
1,462 posts
5,897 battles

both are 16 inch guns, but the 420 i think are like 16.2 or something like that.  Either way from what i've found, the 420 are better in the way of dealing more consistent damaging hits.  Mind you, this is only a comparison of the two on the Friedrich, not the Kurfurst but it shouldn't make a difference.

There is a bit of a difference.  You don't feel like the triples on the GKF are lacking in the accuracy department like they do on the FDG.  I couldn't get into FDG.  Took me forever to do the how to play video on it.  GKF took me like 4 battles right after getting her.  Didn't even get the 420's on her.

Personally, the 406's feel fine to me.  If you are picky and choosey with your aim it's not a problem to do big damage consistently, at a fairly large number of ranges actually.

My How to Play video on the GKF:

Sign in to follow this