You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

83 comments in this topic

Great review as always!  For such a dirpy little ship it can actually be humorously fun to play if you are against bots or are farming starchy things.

Edited by MountainManxDan

715    434

Great review as always. So basically Katori is not worth the $397 bundle unless you really want it for sentimental reasons.

• Cool 1

Panbun    780

Thanks for the review!

On a side note, it's disappointing that the Katori is currently only available in the Armada bundle ($531.71 AUD!). I hope that she, and the Kamikaze, appear some time during the next month or so in their own bundles.

Jakob_Knight    520

Great review, as always LWM!  Excellent counterpoints, Lert!

I will admit, this review had me laughing and crying in about equal measures, and at the same time.  Great captions for the pics!

Ace_04    838

Great review, as always LWM!  Excellent counterpoints, Lert!

I will admit, this review had me laughing and crying in about equal measures, and at the same time.  Great captions for the pics!

Agreed.  Awesome review......the caption humor was worth it in its own right.

Captions A+

You corrected the Tachibana and Co gun values - but one typo: chalk full should be chock full.  ;)

NeoRussia    251

They should have left it as a tier 1 premium without all of the additions except torpedoes. that would have been hilarious, what a missed opportunity.

YamatoA150    1,164

She should have been left as a T2 instead as-is minus floatplane, or just given longer range torpedoes at T3.

I still want her though; just not for 400 USD.

• Cool 1

Killjoy1941    961

+1

Hilarious review for an hilariously silly ship.

Well-practiced Atlanta captains will probably like her, and she can't deal nearly enough damage to consistently make them feel guilty for clubbing at tier 3.

Crucias    70

The captions were wonderful. I got strange looks at work when I burst out laughing

Phoenix_jz    1,689

Great review, I was laughing for most of it. She seems quite the odd duck. I gotta say I've found her accurate fire troubling whenever I play low tier starting a new line, but usually some well placed AP erases Katori, so I tend not to sweat it to much.

Lord_Magus    327

1. This ship should not have been sold without some sort of buff. I would've recommended raising the BFT/AFT threshold to 140mm. (Also buffing Yuubari in the process, which is a good side benefit.) Or even just downtiering to T2.

2. As a training cruiser she should have a captain skill bonus as part of the premium camo perks.

3. Only in the $400 bundle? LOL no. I was under the impression that Katori would also be in the IJN bundle, but obviously not.

• Cool 1

Mulletproof    338

Wow. She really DOES sound like the Yubari's little sister... Just without the speed to dictate engagements and the aircraft to make her AA gimmick moderately useful. Otherwise the katori looks like the same instagib waste of cash and doubloon.

But dat sexy camo.

Another good review.

Caledanicus    11

I was so disappointed that she was not in the IJN bundle but I still got the bundle as I needed four of the ships. I have no idea what I would do with the doubloons and port slots if I bought the Armada bundle. I will stick with my current 50 ships (26 premium ships) and 5 slots rather than 62 ships (I have Kamikaze R) and 30 slots!

AraAragami    5,183

I wanted it for sentimental reasons as Katori was the first ship I ever played in this game.

But sentimentality is not worth $400.

I'm much happier with my Kamikaze Sisters collection being complete.

ArcherDude    26

God, how I loved to bomb around with her in early CBT. She was a little terror. As above (Destroyer Kiyoshimo), would buy her for sentimental reasons, but not at $400+(CDN$)

JJDOU3D    61

God, how I loved to bomb around with her in early CBT. She was a little terror. As above (Destroyer Kiyoshimo), would buy her for sentimental reasons, but not at $400+(CDN$)

I confirm it is fun to shoot fast precise shells. The ASM0 special module helps a lot. It's my favorite tier 3 ship actually. Long range torps are fun too, though a bit slow.

AraAragami    5,183

I confirm it is fun to shoot fast precise shells. The ASM0 special module helps a lot. It's my favorite tier 3 ship actually. Long range torps are fun too, though a bit slow.

I'd rather play Tenryu.