You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

"We will not sell flags that give benefits in battle..." WG-Boyarsky

19 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

I'm confused....:trollface:

I Want It All

• 500x of ALL Flags (Not including Dragon Flags as per Q's word)
  • 90 Days of Premium
  • 12,000 Doubloons
  • 15 Million Credits

Price: $98.99 USD

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

That was probably before they realized people would buy them. But really, why do you care? If people want to spend money on a flag that gives a very small, temporary benefit...then let them waste there cash while you roll around in the money you didn't spend. 

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

What is an acceptable boost to money ratio in a competitive online game?  

I would say the boost has to be so small to bottom line of match Win/Lose, that other players cannot be able to surely recognize it, where it exists.  Other than that, unlimited monetization could be sought for convenience, growth acceleration, and audio-visual eye candy.

If a game tries to monetize competitive advantages too much, it greatly risks abandonment by its players... unless the game is addictive even when you feel you have little chance to win.

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Sounds like a good deal.

Members
128 posts
9,559 battles

If you listen to the replay they actually say all economic flags. I'm pretty sure they said it came with twenty five dragon flags as well. 

Edited by Slyv
  • Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

That was probably before they realized people would buy them. But really, why do you care? If people want to spend money on a flag that gives a very small, temporary benefit...then let them waste there cash while you roll around in the money you didn't spend. 

I could honestly care less, I have plenty of flags...:teethhappy:

What I do care about is WG flat out lying about things.. 

If it doesn't concern you, no problem, but for some reason, having a company lie to me just rubs me the wrong way....:amazed:

And they have been selling all the flags the entire time, If you were willing to pay for a bunch of consumables you don't really need...:trollface:

Edited by awiggin

Members
231 posts
5,846 battles

Temporary benefit... 20% more credit, 50% bonus to commander/Ship XP....

THAT'S SMALL? WHAT ARE YOU?

AN IDIOT SANDWICH?

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

Unfortunately, no combination of flags and camo will let the Yorck show a profit in PvE. I know...I tried :)

Members
3,929 posts
20,996 battles

Unfortunately, no combination of flags and camo will let the Yorck show a profit in PvE. I know...I tried :)

The fault lies with you. You should be doing at least 230k dmg every game and you'll net a hefty profit of 6k credits.

Working as intended.

X3LLd78.jpg?1

B0L1CBR.jpg?1

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,323 battles

If it doesn't concern you, no problem, but for some reason, having a company lie to me just rubs me the wrong way....

and yet, here you STILL are, trolling away and trying to make others as bitter as you are.

if you don't like the company that runs the game, go find a company you like and play THEIR game.

you must live smack dab in the middle of the Great Salt Lake;

everything you post drips brine and bitterness, like WoW was lurking around corners waiting to rob a player blind.

it is a business that runs a game. if you are unhappy, go play a different game

(and leave the salt on the restaurant table)

• Cool 3

[-_W_-]
Members
1,089 posts
2,418 battles

This is all well and good, but Boyarsky isn't lying. There have yet to be any of the item officially termed "flags" sold that provide bonuses, and no indication that any will be sold that provide bonuses. There are some that provide bonuses, but they were never sold, only earned (e.g. Military Month Contributor flag). In other words, when Boyarsky uses the term "flag," he is referring to the items found under the - gasp - Flags tab in-game.

The "flags" you're talking about? Yeah, those are signals. And the ability to purchase them has been around for quite a while, including before Boyarsky made his statement about flags that you're quoting.

Context is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Members
1,022 posts
13,341 battles

Temporary benefit... 20% more credit, 50% bonus to commander/Ship XP....

THAT'S SMALL? WHAT ARE YOU?

AN IDIOT SANDWICH?

it so small in fact that it not help them win  even one more match.....

in fact  i get 150%  exp and 20% credit and 388%   commander every game i feel like   all from  free crapwon in game.....  so if someone wants to spend money to support our server  sounds good to me.  i used to pay $15 a month for a decent server side game.  and now  if money was tight you can play them for free !  amazing

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

I'm confused....:trollface:

I Want It All

• 500x of ALL Flags (Not including Dragon Flags as per Q's word)
  • 90 Days of Premium
  • 12,000 Doubloons
  • 15 Million Credits

Price: $98.99 USD

Now that the bundle is out you can clearly see its only the economic flags.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,154 battles

Now that the bundle is out you can clearly see its only the economic flags.

Exactly.  None of these flags enhance your in-game performance whatsoever.

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

None of those signal flags offer an advantage in combat. It's the usual bundle that gives extra credits, xp, commander xp, free xp, less repair costs. It's not ALL the signal flags in game.

It's a pretty good deal overall given the credits, doubloons, and premium time added in.

Members
1,211 posts
4,339 battles

I played Yorck in one Co-op battle by mistake when the halloween event was resetting our battle option to Co-op, and I'm pretty sure I did make a profit.  It was a waste of good flags, though.

Edited by Captain_Rownd
  • Cool 1

[K-P-M]
Members
1,616 posts
18,452 battles

and yet, here you STILL are, trolling away and trying to make others as bitter as you are.

if you don't like the company that runs the game, go find a company you like and play THEIR game.

you must live smack dab in the middle of the Great Salt Lake;

everything you post drips brine and bitterness, like WoW was lurking around corners waiting to rob a player blind.

it is a business that runs a game. if you are unhappy, go play a different game

(and leave the salt on the restaurant table)

I lol'd at the 'Great Salt Lake' part.:teethhappy:

OP is quite salty.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

That was probably before they realized people would buy them. 

And before they started giving them away in containers.