You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Spyde

IJN Tree split - Question

16 comments in this topic

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,829 posts

So since the IJN Tree is getting split.. it makes me have questions!

Right now i have the Kagero Unlocked... but not purchased.. and own zero IJN DD's.

Is it safe to assume i will have the new T9 unlocked when the tree is changed ?  or should i get a Kagero setting in my port ?

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

I think you will have the Yuugumo unlocked. But I only think so

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

If previous tech tree splits and re-tierings done by WG are any indication,

- If you have the T9 unlocked before the split, you'll have it unlocked after the split

- If you have the T9 in port before the splot, you'll have the downtiered T8 and the T9 in port after the split, with a free port slot thrown in.

Granted, most of those re-tierings I'm basing this on were in WoT rather than WoWS, but it's still WG, and there's never been a case where one would lose progress with a split or re-tiering.

Members
555 posts
11,596 battles

If they make this change like they do in WoT you will have the Yugumo unlocked.

If you buy the kagero you will keep the kagero but all exp and capt on it will transfer to Yugumo when the tech tree change happen so that way you get a free port slot and a free T8 ship.

I would advice you to rebuy the Hatsuharu if you have sold it and play it so you have 100-110k exp on it it will then be replaced with shiratsuyu and you will have enough exp on it to unlock akizuki.

That way you get a free T6 ship and another free port slot.

[ONE]
Members
641 posts
15,221 battles

Agree with what Lert said. The WoT tradition (even in WoT Console) should give you the T9 equivalent if you have Kagero in port before the update.

Beta Testers
259 posts
13,543 battles

if done as described I should have a ton of fun since i have all tiers currently and over 100k xp on the tier 7 and tier 8 currently.

Members
1,451 posts
11,015 battles

If previous tech tree splits and re-tierings done by WG are any indication,

- If you have the T9 unlocked before the split, you'll have it unlocked after the split

- If you have the T9 in port before the splot, you'll have the downtiered T8 and the T9 in port after the split, with a free port slot thrown in.

Granted, most of those re-tierings I'm basing this on were in WoT rather than WoWS, but it's still WG, and there's never been a case where one would lose progress with a split or re-tiering.

I have all IJN DDs from tier 4 up except only Mutsuki in port. So I can hope to see a free new Fubuki? That sounds good. Let's hope they follow the WoT method~

[ONE]
Members
641 posts
15,221 battles

Unless mentioned otherwise by release time, it is IMO better to buy the ships you have researched before the updates hit. You may have to sell some stuff to get there.

Members
1,451 posts
11,015 battles

And I should not buy back the current Mutsuki now as it will be at tier 5 for a cheaper price I believe.

Edited by Takamachi_Nanoha_sg

Members
555 posts
11,596 battles

And I should not buy back the current Mutsuki now as it will be at tier 5 for a cheaper price I believe.

If you own the Mutsuki you will get the new T6 Fubuki + port slot.

But Im not sure how it will work if you have both the mutsuki and fubuki, i have no idea what they will do.

Maybe they just delete your account so they don't have to deal with that :)

Edited by BadNews420

[ONE]
Members
641 posts
15,221 battles

I hope when the release news are officially published to the site, they will give us these scenarios. Also prices.

I suspect we may see something next week or 2 now the community contributors are creating threads for these new ships.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,429 posts
9,977 battles

The only thing we have is a dev's comment that if you have researched modules on a ship, you will keep those modules researched after the moves, thus not losing progress. The only lost progression will be in modules such as torpedoes that are removed/replaced.

Anything else is just speculation. No one knows how WG will handle this, and questions including the one posted here have gone unanswered by WG. My advice would be to assume you will retain nothing but the research done on any ships you have, and will lose everything else without compensation. That way, you won't be disappointed when that happens. If WG acts fairer on this issue than they have so far, you can be happy about what else they have given you rather than counting on something they never promised you.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

I have all IJN DDs from tier 4 up except only Mutsuki in port. So I can hope to see a free new Fubuki? That sounds good. Let's hope they follow the WoT method~

A free one of every downtiered one, and their new replacements, theoretically. This is still speculation.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

I wish WG would give us some info on what they plan to do, so everyone can plan ahead. The current silence on the issue is concerning.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I wish WG would give us some info on what they plan to do, so everyone can plan ahead. The current silence on the issue is concerning.

They'll give you time to plan ahead. A day or two ahead when they release the update video for 5.15 :D

[RST]
Members
610 posts
14,969 battles

A free one of every downtiered one, and their new replacements, theoretically. This is still speculation.

I hope this is the case.