Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jaicll

Arp takao

35 comments in this topic

Members
78 posts
900 battles

Just a small complaint on how to obtain it. When I got my arp haguro I had to deal damage, although I forgot the exact amount it was a system like this step 1 deal 10000 damage, step 2 deal 40000, step 3 deal 70000 damage, and step 4 deal 100000 damage. From step one you did indeed have to deal 10000 damage however from step 2 it would remember you did 10000 damage already so you only needed to do another 30000 damage for step 2 to be complete, then another 30000 damage for step 3 and so on. Right now the takao is asking me to do 20000 damage which I am close to doing to complete the 3ed step in it, however once I do complete step 4 is asking for 30000 and it does mean 30000 and not the 10000 as the haguro would of asked. I don't like how it resets what I've done so far and honestly earning something around a total of 100000 exp is a little ridiculous. Dont know how long the mission has been going on for but this seems like quite a bit of time to be asking people to spend to get one ship that isn't even the best ship you can get and you cant use its exp it earns without paying real money.

Members
78 posts
900 battles

Takao=Atago without Prem features and you say it's bad?

not bad just not the best, if its not t10 then its not as good as a t10

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Had you started the grind for it at the beginning of the month, it's only something like 3600 base xp per day. That's 3-5 battles per day. Very doable. All to get a free Atago. I call it a good deal.

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles

I don't see why you'd complain, you get it for "free" just for playing the game. you deal damage regardless, so why not gain a free ship in the process.

12,413 posts

Just saying I dont like having my progress resetted.

Your progress was never reset.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

It only took a few days for me to complete. And while its only one tier higher than the Myokos it is (IMO) and far better ship. My only complaint with the requirement to unlock the Takao is not the volume but the lack of diversity in unlocking her. I expect the campaign system will solve this in the future.

• Cool 1

12,413 posts

So i went and did some math for you OP. It will take you approx. 150 battles total using your arp haguro to get arp takao provided your averages stay the same.

Members
2,304 posts
11,472 battles

Do it while playing ranked in a tier VIII premium:

-Credit Grind

-Ranked Grind

-Takao Grind 

All in one!

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

Dude, it's a free 50 dollar ship with minor stat deficiencies in comparison. It isn't supposed to be easy, so don't ask it to be.

• Cool 2

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,079 battles

It only took a few days for me to complete. And while its only one tier higher than the Myokos it is (IMO) and far better ship. My only complaint with the requirement to unlock the Takao is not the volume but the lack of diversity in unlocking her. I expect the campaign system will solve this in the future.

The other ARP ships are all clones of standard ship tech tree ships as far as I know. So I now have 3 Myokos and 3 Kongos. I sold my standard Kongo because who needs 4? Hadn't reached Myoko yet but was working up Aoba.  Now I don't have to, and I get a Premium ship for free. My only beef is that I already owned Atago, but it was a gift so who cares?  

I can't believe so many people figure out ways to complain about free ships - especially with a 9-point captain.  But I must play too much since I got her a couple weeks ago. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

Members
522 posts

I just got it, but I only play tier 7 DD and my best CA is the Furtaka. Getting a free CA 3 tiers higher is nice. I could do without all the screeching from the captain, but I'm not complaining about a free ship. I will play with it in co-op for a bit before I embarrass myself in PvP with it. 

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

None of the ARP missions ever "reset" your progress. They all have stages. Once you complete a stage, you move on to the next one with no progress in it. The damage missions go by easier due to damage itself being easier to gain than base exp.

It's a total of 110k base exp to acquire the ARP Takao with this split into 5 stages. Each stage has some small rewards until you complete the last stage which gives you the ship and captain.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

I need only about 24k more XP till I get mine, and I don't get to play often as I'd like. However, it's not too difficult to take in 5k XP per session, even with losses.

If I feel it's getting down to the wore, I can always do a pure Dunkerque session, and rake in twice the amount of XP in the same number of games, because Dunkerque is king (queen?)

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

Just a small complaint on how to obtain it. When I got my arp haguro I had to deal damage, although I forgot the exact amount it was a system like this step 1 deal 10000 damage, step 2 deal 40000, step 3 deal 70000 damage, and step 4 deal 100000 damage. From step one you did indeed have to deal 10000 damage however from step 2 it would remember you did 10000 damage already so you only needed to do another 30000 damage for step 2 to be complete, then another 30000 damage for step 3 and so on. Right now the takao is asking me to do 20000 damage which I am close to doing to complete the 3ed step in it, however once I do complete step 4 is asking for 30000 and it does mean 30000 and not the 10000 as the haguro would of asked. I don't like how it resets what I've done so far and honestly earning something around a total of 100000 exp is a little ridiculous. Dont know how long the mission has been going on for but this seems like quite a bit of time to be asking people to spend to get one ship that isn't even the best ship you can get and you cant use its exp it earns without paying real money.

I disagree that the missions have been 'ridiculous' as you put it. ARP Takao is a tier 8 ship, and a near clone of Atago (herself an alpha test Takao clone ironically) which is widely regarded as one of the best cruisers tier for tier, which can only be acquired by buying it. Imho it is perfectly fair that the missions should present a reasonable challenge, some would say it wasn't challenging at all, and it certainly could have been much harder.

[KSF]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,253 battles

Just saying I dont like having my progress resetted.

All ARP challenges have always worked the same way, where you start at zero when you move on to the next stage.  It even worked that way with the Hiei, Ashigara, Haguro and Nachi challenges that required damage. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

The previous ARP ship missions have worked the same as this one where the totals had to be started again once a lower stage was reached. It wasn't "do 300,000 damage for the ARP Kirishima" or whatever. It was "do 50,000 damage, once completed, do 150,000 damage, then finally 300,000 damage for a total of 500,000 damage!"

Nothing has changed except your perception.

• Cool 3

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,973 posts
13,731 battles

I disagree that the missions have been 'ridiculous' as you put it. ARP Takao is a tier 8 ship, and a near clone of Atago (herself an alpha test Takao clone ironically) which is widely regarded as one of the best cruisers tier for tier, which can only be acquired by buying it. Imho it is perfectly fair that the missions should present a reasonable challenge, some would say it wasn't challenging at all, and it certainly could have been much harder.

I'd go for not challenging at all, it can be done in Co-Op if MM sticks you with potato teams in Random for too many games. Would roughly double the number of games required, but might be worth it just to lose a little stress.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,333 posts
8,606 battles

I could do without all the screeching from the captain, but I'm not complaining about a free ship. 

Yeah Takao's a bit of a high strung drama queen for sure. Nachi's voice is smooth and rather sexy. :D

Edited by Jim_Byrnes

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

Yeah Takao's a bit of a high strung drama queen for sure. Nachi's voice is smooth and rather sexy. :D

Who cares about her voice? Just mute it. :P I want to keep that little mission banner in my port forever though. Takao captain chick is hot AF.
Edited by Captain_Dorja

[BMBF]
Members
208 posts
16,007 battles

Well worth the grind for me. Collecting them has given me the ability to tweak them all differently. For instance, my fav Kongo style has become AA spec. With Manual AA I've even earned Clear Sky. Clear Sky ........ in a Kongo! !!!! Lol. Just keeping my fleet safe in ways most CVs can't imagine. Plus.. guns.. you know. .. fast BB n all. I make up for dispersion with gunnery

That being said, I'm really grateful these award ships were offered. I personally love the voices. The ability to switch around captains.

They have been a source of great fun and even a little pride of accomplishment

Sign in to follow this