You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gavroche_

This game is unrealistic!!!!!

31 comments in this topic

Members
2,304 posts
11,472 battles

Torpedoes IRL were sometimes duds. They never are duds in WoWs.

(The fact that the Khabarovsk has an in-game velocity of almost 250 knots, that there are Japanese destroyers and cruisers fighting with American battleships and Polish destroyers against never-built Russian cruiser and German battleships off the islands of Spain, and that Steven Seagel is a captain in WoWs is totally fine though)

Edit: For clarification purposes: The Khabarovsk has an in game max speed of 48.5knots, the distance in- game is condensed by a factor of five (I.e a km of distance is only 200 meters in-game), so the Khabarovsk really travels at around 242.5kts, which I rounded to 250kts). Also, all ships are 5x larger relative to terrain.

Edited by Gavorche

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
5,960 posts
13,865 battles

EDIT:  - I totally missed the obvious sarcasm.

:hiding:

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 2

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

(The fact that the Khabarovsk has an in-game velocity of almost 250 knots, that there are Japanese destroyers and cruisers fighting with American battleships and Polish destroyers against never-built Russian cruiser and German battleships off the islands of Spain, and that Steven Seagel is a captain in WoWs is totally fine though)

This game is unrealistic!!!!!  Well you said it in your title, it's a game, not a simulation.

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

Don't give them any ideas!

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

EXTRA EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT! VIDEO GAME IS UNREALISTIC, DETAILS PAGE 4!!!!

Seriously....You're condensing battles that would take hours, even days, spanning hundreds of kilometers, all down to a 20 minute battle arena with hard borders. Totally see how you could mistake this for a realistic WWI-WWII naval simulator.

[FDK]
Members
1,534 posts

You-came-here.jpg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
5,960 posts
13,865 battles

Omg lol

People, don't make the same mistake I made.  Read the whole post before replying, k?

:D

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

guys. c'mon.

he's making fun of the fact that people only claim realism/unrealism when they want something changed, but ignore all the other unrealistic parts of the game.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
5,960 posts
13,865 battles

guys. c'mon.

he's making fun of the fact that people only claim realism/unrealism when they want something changed, but ignore all the other unrealistic parts of the game.

That this even needed to be pointed out...  just lol.

Eh, I'm guilty, too...

Members
2,304 posts
11,472 battles

guys. c'mon.

Wut? Nah, I'm like 420% srs. 

Khab can go 250kts because she's Russian and that's what Russian ships do.

These ships are fighting each other because Russia and German signed an agreement that they had awesome tanks, and worked to develope awesome ships, and the Japanese and Americans were like "neh-uhn, our ships are better" and then they fought about it in Spain because she was neutral.

And Seagel became an Admiral for propaganda reasons. 

But torpedoes always detonating? That's just unrealistic...

Edit: And Poland was fighting because Germany and Russia.

Edited by Gavorche

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

Yeah! Where's my risque pin ups on my tiny planes? Now how will I beat the enemy's fighters?  

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

ZDakWiS.jpg

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Well now What is your point ?

We need pin-up girl posters pasted on the interiors of some ships, more anime collaborations, more Premiums, more dynamic maps, more area hazards, custom ship naming, custom captain naming, and variant sub-hull choices for sister ships for Doubloons.

And submarines.

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

I like Polish destroyers taking on Japanese carriers. I really like sinking French battleships with my Arizona.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

actually it's good idea, torpedoes should have duds based on RNG

three for three today..... MAN you a re on a roll

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Actually, we call that "You torp'd too close" :trollface: