Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralDrake

Time wasted waiting to roll for supercrate

16 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Alpha Tester
65 posts
7,409 battles

Can we just instantly get our crate and skip the dumb cutscene that gets old after a few crate collections?

Also when you roll for a super crate it does the dice thing to hype up getting a normal crate of 5 flags. Even more time wasted trying for a supercrate.

Can we just remove that and just have our crate show up or have an option to either quicken the animation or skip it?

Also if someone makes a mod to just skip the cutscene and show the crate I may actually pay for that feature.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

The animation masks a query to the main server where the outcome of the roll is determined, the results of which get sent back to the game client. This simply takes a moment.

[SIMP]
Alpha Tester
65 posts
7,409 battles

The animation masks a query to the main server where the outcome of the roll is determined, the results of which get sent back to the game client. This simply takes a moment.

I don't think thats what happens, if you roll a normal crate it instantly plops a crate down.

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

Are you referring to the "Try Your Luck" option vs. the other options? It doesn't roll dice on those?

[SIMP]
Alpha Tester
65 posts
7,409 battles

Try your luck takes a few seconds to decide whether its a super crate or not but when you hit any normal crate option it instantly places a crate.

Banned
2,485 posts
977 battles

Actually all the other crate options are nearly instantaneous, with the normal crate options still giving the chance for a supercontainer (just you wouldn't notice until you find the massive box in front of your camera). It's just the animation is to build hype since all it does is delay the crate drop before signaling if its a supercontainer or not.
Edited by Flametz

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

They take the same amount of time for me.

Actually, he's right. I just tried the more credits container and it basically just plunks down.

In that case, yes, I wouldn't mind the option of disabling / skipping / speeding up the animation for try your luck.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

I mean, it's a 2-3 second animation. Can you really not get past that?

More like 6 - 7 seconds, every time again. And it's the same animation, every time again, multiple times a day.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

More like 6 - 7 seconds, every time again. And it's the same animation, every time again, multiple times a day.

I used TYL exclusively up until a couple days ago, it's not really that big of a deal. Over the course of playing this game you'll probably spend just as much time in the 20 second load screen it takes to load the client. It really isn't a big deal.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

It really isn't a big deal.

It's not. But it wouldn't be a big deal to make it skippable either. It's just a small quality-of-life thing.

[SIMP]
Alpha Tester
65 posts
7,409 battles

It would be nice to skip it, if you play daily that few seconds (if you try your luck 3 times a day) can add up to a bunch of time wasted waiting to open the box. Not to mention once the box hits the deck you have to wait another 1 or 2 seconds in order for the button to let you open the box.

Edited by AdmiralDrake

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts

takes time to roll the dice? LOL, so we should have seconds delay for every shot we fired, since they all need to roll the dice where to land :D

Sign in to follow this