Treediagram

AA DPS and Aircraft Shoot down Chance Calculator Spreadsheet

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

8 posts in this topic

WoWS AA Gun DPS and Aircraft shoot down Chance Calculator Spreadsheet ver. 1.0

- by Treediagram

VdaQVaR.png

Features:

- Calculate DPS for each AA Guns

- Calculate Each Bonus DPS such as DF, Manu AA, Focus AA, etc

- You can select which Bonus you want to have or not

- Calculate Total Multiplicator for your bonuses

- Calculate Chance to shoot down enemy aircraft with your AA

-Chance to shoot down enemy during Dogfight[soon™]

AA DPS Section

sezFdQd.png

The main feature at this section is that you can simply enter here your Caliber value(yes it is necessary for DF and Manu AA Calculation) and "normal" DPS value(DPS without any bonuses). Then the spreadsheet will do the rest for you. It will apply each multiplier for each bonus on your base DPS. For example I took Des Moines and entered. On bottom you will see the actual total DPS value with each multiplier from each bonuses included. Multiplier doesn't work additive, so it's little bit complicated than just adding up the bonus value.

Multiplier Section

urNJaQW.png

In this section you can see and set the each multiplier value. You can "turn" and "off" the values if you don't need it for your calculation. E.g. If you want to calculate the DPS without BFT, you just simply enter "0" in the row "Do you have those Bonus?" in BFT Column. It will then apply automatically to AA DPS Section.

You can also select between two DFs. Regular one and CV. Furthermore, you can select whether you want to have USN CV DF or IJN CV DF, since their multiplier differ. For doing this, enter 0 for IJN, 1 for USN and 2 or bigger(3,4,5.....etc) for no CV DF. Since Des Moines isn't CV, I set the value as 2 because it's obvious Des Moines isn't gonna get the CV DF Bonus. You can also see total multiplier value.

Aircraft Section

Wog3vhb.png

Here you can calculate by what chance your or enemy's Aircraft will be shot down. Those planes are examples, you can enter any aircraft and it's survival value. It will of course automatically take the value from AA DPS Section and Calculate with the formula: "Total DPS/Survivability=Chance to Shoot down". This will help you to understand, e.g. for CV captains what risk you are going to take when you are sending your aircraft against your enemy.

I hope this helps you to understand the game and also you might do some experiments with it. And I appreciate your feedback :)

-Treediagram

Link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-v0WNq18dTjse9zHO1T0Chm9wxqxNfj9RWnUu_vkhak/edit?usp=sharing

* I recommend downloading the data, instead of trying it out online, because it can be edited by multiple person at the same time online.

Edited by Treediagram

Simply dotty.

+1

Edited by X15

right time to bookmark this page. thanks for this.

as soon as the "% Chance to shoot down enemy plane" gets implemented i'll enjoy using this. 

I'm all about that final chance to kill the sky blight, but great work regardless ^_^

Some things to note:

Guns that benefit from DF depend on which aura they belong to (short, medium or long). The aura in which a gun belongs to isn't defined by its caliber or range, it is actually arbitrarily set by WG. But as a general rule anything below 25 mm is short range, 25-75 mm are medium range, 76 and above are long range. Some guns are an exception, e.g. DM's and Minotaur's 76.2 mm guns (a dev even pointed out the DM specifically) belong in the medium range. Here's a screenshot showing how 2 same caliber guns are grouped in different auras.

UQVIkM6.jpg

Take note, that Minotaur's 76.2 mm guns have considerably longer range than Ishizuchi's guns despite the former belonging in medium range aura while the latter belongs in long range aura! Luckily however, DF affects medium and long range aura, so it doesn't really matter which aura the guns belong to as long as it's not in the short aura. Too bad Ishizuchi doesn't get DF :-P

DF used to affect only long range aura before it was buffed to affect medium and long range aura (Yuubari's AA guns were another exception, again another case of arbitrary application in which it was the only ship to have DF apply to both medium and long range aura before DF was buffed). DF's description used to say that it only affects DP guns, this is just a localization quirk or perhaps a simplification for players. After the change the description became outdated, but many old players persisted in thinking it only applied to DP guns due to the old description. Nowadays the consumable doesn't even specify which auras are affected by it.

If we apply the same principle to Manual AA (that is to say, I haven't seen a dev confirm this yet), it will only affect guns that belong in the long range aura, which may not necessarily mean only guns with higher than 85 mm caliber. Therefore Ishizuchi's 76.2 mm guns may in fact benefit from the skill. Unfortunately, CTRL+LMB on a target doesn't change the numbers in the "H" key battle popup as it does for Defensive Fire, so I can't confirm it independently.

Multiplier Section

urNJaQW.png

In this section you can see and set the each multiplier value. You can "turn" and "off" the values if you don't need it for your calculation. E.g. If you want to calculate the DPS without BFT, you just simply enter "0" in the row "Do you have those Bonus?" in BFT Column. It will then apply automatically to AA DPS Section.

You can also select between two DFs. Regular one and CV. Furthermore, you can select whether you want to have USN CV DF or IJN CV DF, since their multiplier differ. For doing this, enter 0 for IJN, 1 for USN and 2 or bigger(3,4,5.....etc) for no CV DF. Since Des Moines isn't CV, I set the value as 2 because it's obvious Des Moines isn't gonna get the CV DF Bonus. You can also see total multiplier value.

Hi, many thanks for this - followed the link from your sig in another post.

Quick question - wrt manual AA, can you both 'focus fire' and 'manual AA' at the same time?  I thought that the focus fire bonus would be lost when you have the Manual AA captain skill, so there might be a potential double-count there.  

Otherwise, looks great!  Cant wait for the dogfight scenario - the number of times I've seen 2 notionally equally matched fighter squadrons engage, only for one to come away unscathed and the other totally wiped out is concerning/entertaining.