Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Khartric

Gearing

12 comments in this topic

Members
28 posts
7,915 battles

Hey everyone so I just got my gearing the other day. I've played probably 6 or so matches in it. Haven't had a single negative game in it. Not even close. So far this is my best in it. Do you guys like/hate it? What's your best in it? *edit* I absolutely love this boat and don't have a single negative thing to say about it.

Gearing.jpg

Edited by Khartric

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
990 posts
9,588 battles

I'm 140+ Games into mine and love it. I didn't always though. I bought and sold it twice before I finally put in the effort to learn it and do well in it. I'm mobile but I'll post a couple games later. 

I will say too, that the new premium camo is worth every penny. It really helps me enjoy the ship to be able to play more aggressively without fear of having those huge negative income games that used to be so frequent at tier 10. 

EDIT: Here's a few games from the last couple of weeks.

Qi4I3Xg.jpg

8DbIxRb.jpg

ZdwBktq.jpg

Edited by Falls_USMC

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

I contend that in the right hands it's the best and most versatile destroyer in the game. In 16 battles in mine I average over 96k damage and 3.4 k/d, she's a fun one.

[ANZ4C]
Alpha Tester
325 posts
9,480 battles

I love my Gearing, one of the most fun ships I own and play. Just don't have many games in her because until recently Tier 10 was a massive drain on resources.

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
990 posts
9,588 battles

I love my Gearing, one of the most fun ships I own and play. Just don't have many games in her because until recently Tier 10 was a massive drain on resources.

That new camo is the truth. Even if I have one of those horri-bad, unlucky, awful games I'm still in the plus column. Normal games net me anywhere from 200-300k. Never thought T10 credit grinding would be a thing. Its galvanized my effort towards the Hindenburg and Grosser Kurfurst. 

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

Nearly 600 games in mine. Still loving it.

I'm not nearly as good with it as others are, but I have my moments.

Members
28 posts
7,915 battles

Yeah I bought the premium camo for it. Figured, might as well. No regrets. The one time I got instant torped in cap by shim 1 minute in, I still made something like 50k lol. It's literally impossible to go negative. I'm averaging 300-450k silver per game.

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
990 posts
9,588 battles

Yeah I bought the premium camo for it. Figured, might as well. No regrets. The one time I got instant torped in cap by shim 1 minute in, I still made something like 50k lol. It's literally impossible to go negative. I'm averaging 300-450k silver per game.

Yeah, worth every last doubloon. When I have a great game I can clear 500k in profits. It's a better credit grinder than my premiums. 

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,783 posts
15,287 battles

I resisted buying Gearing for a long time, but when I did I couldn't understand why.  She's a very different boat from Fletcher, but she's a ton of fun.  I love both for different reasons.

P.S.  I re-did Gearing's wiki page today.  Hopefully it does her justice.  Let me know what you think.

Edited by SeaRaptor00

Members
28 posts
7,915 battles

Yeah I think the WikiPage looks pretty good. The AA on it does hate high tier planes lol. A lot of people say the fletcher is a better gunboat. I wholeheartedly disagree. I use it almost exclusively as a gunboat and I absolute wreck with it in that manner.

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
990 posts
9,588 battles

Yeah I think the WikiPage looks pretty good. The AA on it does hate high tier planes lol. A lot of people say the fletcher is a better gunboat. I wholeheartedly disagree. I use it almost exclusively as a gunboat and I absolute wreck with it in that manner.

Crazy talk. The Fletch is better as a pure torp boat simply because you can get the reload down to so 81 seconds. Lets you sling lots of fish. But there is no DD (except the Khab) that can match the guns on the Gearing. 

I resisted buying Gearing for a long time, but when I did I couldn't understand why.  She's a very different boat from Fletcher, but she's a ton of fun.  I love both for different reasons.

P.S.  I re-did Gearing's wiki page today.  Hopefully it does her justice.  Let me know what you think.

Page looks great man. Nice job. 

Sign in to follow this