Pigeon_of_War

Clan Closed Beta Bugs

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

287 posts in this topic

But of course. All natural rock-dove feathers, fresh from NYC. Only the best for my section of the forums.

New York?

5658ab20b40573f8154b505cbe04cfa3e78ec65d

Well, I hope my "situational" bug gets fixed when clans come out in official update. Though grateful for the opportunity to participate, this closed-beta is unbelievably disappointing and frustrating from the beginning. If the bug is not fixed, I hope there is someway of transferring command of the clan to someone who can access the clan profile and be able to promote/exclude/recruit....

Btw, about the clans in closed-beta going to stay (with meeting the 10 active members 30 battles thing) through the official release? Are we going to required to pay gold or credits to keep it if given the opportunity? Wish there was more information on this whole process....

Edited by Kongou_of_Fog

Btw, about the clans in closed-beta going to stay (with meeting the 10 active members 30 battles thing) through the official release? Are we going to required to pay gold or credits to keep it if given the opportunity? Wish there was more information on this whole process....

-The minimum amount of people needed to start a Fleet was to get into the Open Beta. The thinking behind that is if you don't have at least ten other people that will help you test Fleet functionality, you may not have a solid enough clan.

-At some point, doing certain options within your clan will have required payments (starting  a Fleet and renaming it, for instance). Not during the Closed Beta, but once it goes Open beta then yes.

-What more information do you need? Legit question. In the Closed Beta, you are testing what features works and reporting what issues you run into, and then reporting your results here. This thread is monitored not only by me, but maybe three other Devs that are adjusting the functionality (they are quiet, but they lurk). Your feedback is important.  

-The minimum amount of people needed to start a Fleet was to get into the Open Beta. The thinking behind that is if you don't have at least ten other people that will help you test Fleet functionality, you may not have a solid enough clan.

-At some point, doing certain options within your clan will have required payments (starting  a Fleet and renaming it, for instance). Not during the Closed Beta, but once it goes Open beta then yes.

-What more information do you need? Legit question. In the Closed Beta, you are testing what features works and reporting what issues you run into, and then reporting your results here. This thread is monitored not only by me, but maybe three other Devs that are adjusting the functionality (they are quiet, but they lurk). Your feedback is important.  

Pigeon - when will clans go open beta?  There has been zero information or news on what is coming next for clans.   This is concerning....I highly recommend WG post something in the WOWS news about the plan for clans in 2017?

Just give us something to work with, and we can bring you a bunch of new players into the game, and a bunch of committed long term players.....but just give us some hard news and hope for the future that we can send out to our folks...

Thanks Pigeon...

Pigeon - when will clans go open beta?  There has been zero information or news on what is coming next for clans.   This is concerning....I highly recommend WG post something in the WOWS news about the plan for clans in 2017?

Just give us something to work with, and we can bring you a bunch of new players into the game, and a bunch of committed long term players.....but just give us some hard news and hope for the future that we can send out to our folks...

Thanks Pigeon...

When: Soon™

Plan: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/ 

What's Next: Open Beta. It's coming in the next couple of months (weeks?), but if I was to give you an exact date, and it gets delayed, you will only be disappointed. So we are withholding an exact date until we are positive that it's ready for potentially everyone on the server to use the feature in an Open Beta format.

What's Next: Open Beta. It's coming in the next couple of months (weeks?), but if I was to give you an exact date, and it gets delayed, you will only be disappointed. So we are withholding an exact date until we are positive that it's ready for potentially everyone on the server to use the feature in an Open Beta format.

OK OK OK I have to admit it that when I saw Pigeon's response with the word Soon ™ I had to laugh out loud about the trademarking of that term....Nice...

This helps Pigeon thanks, I will pass it out to our folks.....We can't wait...give us some help with clan tags, and rosters, and insignia and we will grow your player base in a hurry.....thanks Pigeon...

is there any chance we can get refunded for renaming clan in Clan closed beta? since you guys stated it will be free, but I ended up wasteing 2500 doubloons

Having seen much of the "vitriol" over the closed beta and the issues created by some whom it seems to have failed reading the instructions (read as: people being assigned to the wrong clan) I totally get this.  Or you can use the big blowup over supertesters getting a ship that no one else can get.  Having said that the sooner you all can get this out the better it will be but I suspect you know that.  Is there any word though on what the cap will be for members of clans?  I'm hoping the rumor I heard, and to everyone else please read the word rumor carefully, of a 30 man cap per clan is just that.  A rumor and not something that will turn into a fact.

Stout Hearts

-AK-Warhawk

is there any chance we can get refunded for renaming clan in Clan closed beta? since you guys stated it will be free, but I ended up wasteing 2500 doubloons

No refunds at this time, though it was advised before anyone paid we were looking into making it for free and it was your prerogative to spend Doubloons for a rename at that point. Investigation can be made to see how many people did this without waiting. 

​man I glad I back in the game now, but I miss the closed beta on the clans :(

Is it me or was this link suppose to be some info on plans. The link is broken for me "Error 404" but like 11ACR our membership is hungry for any news availible. Can someone confirm this whatsinthebox link actually was a page and not just a tease? If so perhaps why I am getting the error?

Respectfully,

KD

Is it me or was this link suppose to be some info on plans. The link is broken for me "Error 404" but like 11ACR our membership is hungry for any news availible. Can someone confirm this whatsinthebox link actually was a page and not just a tease? If so perhaps why I am getting the error?

Respectfully,

KD

Yep...same same here...the link was "error 404"...no joy....

Hello All! 

Soon-ish, Clans will be leaving Closed Beta. Once it does, this thread will be have a title change to Open Beta. If you have any final feedback while it is in Closed Beta, please continue to comment here. 

Hello All! 

Soon-ish, Clans will be leaving Closed Beta. Once it does, this thread will be have a title change to Open Beta. If you have any final feedback while it is in Closed Beta, please continue to comment here. 

When it goes into Open Beta, is the size still going to be capped at 30, or will it be moving up to 100?

Current size is still 30

Current size is still 30

This is unfortunate but those of us who already have more than 30 members will just have to adapt and pay out some gold I guess huh?

Stout Hearts

-AK-Warhawk

The 30 player limit to clans will encourage diplomacy, alliances and cartels....

And we all know how well those "cartels" worked out in tanks with clan wars in the early stages.  Someone remind me again of how long AOD, and the cartel they were a part of,  held significant portions of the global map?

And we all know how well those "cartels" worked out in tanks with clan wars in the early stages.  Someone remind me again of how long AOD, and the cartel they were a part of,  held significant portions of the global map?

So let me just say...I don't think global maps are coming anytime soon.  I wish they WOULD as I think the player count would explode overnight just as it did in WOT when the fielded the clan wars feature.  But this game is on a very slow team play feature development trajectory....

So let me just say...I don't think global maps are coming anytime soon.  I wish they WOULD as I think the player count would explode overnight just as it did in WOT when the fielded the clan wars feature.  But this game is on a very slow team play feature development trajectory....

My larger point is still the same.  Don't get me wrong my intent is not to be like those that were complaining about the supertesters getting a ship I couldn't get but the fact is that there are several established clans in warships, though admittedly not "official", that are larger already than the 30 man cap.  By keeping this cap in place wargaming is simply going to force us to spend doubloons, read as $$, to employ "sub-clans" so that those on our current roster will have a "clan tag" of sorts.  While I have never, nor will I ever, begrudge a company over their attempt to make money (I firmly believe in the principles of the free-market system) my wish, and I know the wish of others, was that this cap would have been expanded out of the closed beta test so that it would at least allow a greater number of our members to be able to sport the same "clan tag" as others in our clan.  End of the day it is going to be what it is.  That being we will adapt to the limitations imposed on us by wargaming.

Stout Hearts

-AK-Warhawk

​SORRY, but an exploding player base is what ruined wot for me, A player base that is expanding at a rate that allows new players to integrate smoothly with the rest of the players and at a rate Wargaming's hardware, software and Support staff can keep pace is what is needed. I already see a big influx of new players in the last 2 weeks. when there is a new player on the team I try to give them good advice, some listen, some don't. (and that's the difference between ignorant and a stupid fool)

My larger point is still the same.  Don't get me wrong my intent is not to be like those that were complaining about the supertesters getting a ship I couldn't get but the fact is that there are several established clans in warships, though admittedly not "official", that are larger already than the 30 man cap.  By keeping this cap in place wargaming is simply going to force us to spend doubloons, read as $$, to employ "sub-clans" so that those on our current roster will have a "clan tag" of sorts.  While I have never, nor will I ever, begrudge a company over their attempt to make money (I firmly believe in the principles of the free-market system) my wish, and I know the wish of others, was that this cap would have been expanded out of the closed beta test so that it would at least allow a greater number of our members to be able to sport the same "clan tag" as others in our clan.  End of the day it is going to be what it is.  That being we will adapt to the limitations imposed on us by wargaming.

Stout Hearts

-AK-Warhawk

well said.  Totally agree....

​SORRY, but an exploding player base is what ruined wot for me, A player base that is expanding at a rate that allows new players to integrate smoothly with the rest of the players and at a rate Wargaming's hardware, software and Support staff can keep pace is what is needed. I already see a big influx of new players in the last 2 weeks. when there is a new player on the team I try to give them good advice, some listen, some don't. (and that's the difference between ignorant and a stupid fool)

More players = more revenue = more cool game features and faster development.  Does WG want to follow the WOWP path (no clans, no team play) or the WOT path (clans, multiple team play modes)?   

Which game offers more to the players?

To me it's not even a close call.  Team play (tournaments, team battles, and/or clan wars) are superb as a social platform...that's why they are so popular in many MMOs...

as for clan size limits, for small clan size to work, the members all have to be super active and dedicated with lots of spare time. Some people have other responsibilities and demands on their time. With a 30 player limit, Players will be picked more for their availability 24/7 than skill or added value to the clan, like leadership or people skills. People skills are what gives a clan staying power or wrecks a "good" clan. I was a officer in a few wot clans. with a 30 man rule you might have to let go the skilled father of three (who has less time to play but is the good joe that keeps everyone friendly) for a kid with an attitude who has plenty of time to play. For a clan to last you need a reasonable sized player base of people who enjoy each others company.  30 sounds like a lot, till you spread it over 24hrs and with people who have half a life at least.

11th ACR not against anything you have said, just would like the influx of players a little more controlled than it was in wot.  wot lost a lot of Adults spending cash for a ton of freeloading kids. just because at a few points the game was flooded by them and the programing adjusted to help the 12yr olds.

wow has a more mature player base and I would like to see the things you talk about happen without too much damage to it. I know wow will go after the numbers, even if they at 12yr olds. but who will spend more money with wargaming  10K kids who have to ask mom or dad for money or 2K adults then add in us retired folks with time and money on our hands and too old and smart to go bar hopping etc. LOL BUT this is off  topic ------- would like to see clan size at least 50.