You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmrHackett

Steven Seagal appears in WoWS!

25 comments in this topic

[CORP]
Beta Testers
390 posts
1,702 battles

Steven Seagal is coming to World of Warships!!! Along with the USS Missouri you'll be able to recruit Seagal himself! Check out these videos brought to you by WG.

Here's how to earn Steven Seagal: http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/soarlikeaseagal/?emst=ybqkZ3XqLU_207260_709026_103

[CORP]
Beta Testers
390 posts
1,702 battles

Day late and a dollar short - old news

A day is hardly old. I'm just super hyped about getting that Missouri and having Seagal captain it. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,723 posts
26,569 battles

So they're pushing a look with yellow-tinted glasses and a ring beard, and the in-game avatar looks like so:

281t2td.jpg

GG, WG. GG.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

So they're pushing a look with yellow-tinted glasses and a ring beard, and the in-game avatar looks like so:

281t2td.jpg

GG, WG. GG.

To fair, if you were going to add Elvis to the game, you'd go with the young Elvis. 
  • Cool 1

[NAVAL]
Banned
1,416 posts

281t2td.jpg

GG, WG. GG.

They forgot to mention that it is Steven circa 1992.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,723 posts
26,569 battles

To fair, if you were going to add Elvis to the game, you'd go with the young Elvis. 

I'd still go with a portrait resembling the person we're pushing in our ads.

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most self-conscious about their appearance of them all?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,723 posts
26,569 battles

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most self-conscious about their appearance of them all?

Not sure what you're trying to get at. Want to explain that one?

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

It's how he looked in Under Siege though. I duno, just doesn't seem strange to me. I'm sure if he could he'd be happy to look that way again for the ads. :trollface:

Beta Testers
464 posts
13,928 battles

Steven Sea-gull?  That washed up "actor" who hasn't done a "movie" that wasn't straight to vid in 15 yrs?

W-w-w-why? What possible reason would there be to add him?

Does WG believe that using washed up and washed out actors will draw people this game?

I hear Lindsay Lohans not busy either...

No need...ill see myself out.

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

Not sure what you're trying to get at. Want to explain that one?

I'd go with either TTK's explanation, or that he specifically asked not to be depicted as a now very aged and over-the-hill actor.

Some actors, like James Doohan, managed to make their age work for them. Seagal..... not so much

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,723 posts
26,569 battles

Does WG believe that using washed up and washed out actors will draw people this game?

Considering the fact that several news outlets have reported on him being in the game, thus giving WG free advertising ...

I'd go with either TTK's explanation, or that he specifically asked not to be depicted as a now very aged and over-the-hill actor.

CG and photoshop can do a lot to affect a person's appearance. Hell, even a shave would've gone a long way. Or, simpler still, make the in-game avatar resemble the actor, just give him a black ringbeard.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Steven Sea-gull?  That washed up "actor" who hasn't done a "movie" that wasn't straight to vid in 15 yrs?

Under Siege is a popular movie in Russia. That's pretty much it.

Beta Testers
464 posts
13,928 battles

Considering the fact that several news outlets have reported on him being in the game, thus giving WG free advertising ...

I wouldn't say its all been "good publicity"...but some say any is good..

Under Siege is a popular movie in Russia. That's pretty much it.

Makes sense...cause in NA...hes honestly a bit a joke....but then tastes differ.

Thanks for answers..

[CORP]
Beta Testers
390 posts
1,702 battles

Under Siege took place on the USS Missouri right? That's what he looked like in the movie. Makes perfect sense to me.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Under Siege took place on the USS Missouri right? That's what he looked like in the movie. Makes perfect sense to me.

Yeah it is what he looked like in the movie and it did take place on USS Missouri, hence the tie-in.

Members
642 posts
782 battles

Liking or disliking Steven Seagal as an actor is completely personal. Liking or disliking a movie he is in is also completely personal. You can, like, dislike or be indifferent. The fact is that Steven has a very large following (including myself) so I like the idea his name and likeness are going to be in game. It really seems like if you dislike or are indifferent to him as an actor or his movies then you do not have to see him at all. Why make a big deal of this? Is there some sort of harm to WG or the players here?

I like his movies and acting as an action movie hero type. They are being repeated a lot on TV and I enjoy seeing them again, including his work on the "Big Mo". Being a part of the game is fine with me and does no harm to WG or players.

[CORP]
Beta Testers
390 posts
1,702 battles

Exit Wounds (2001) and Half Past Dead (2002). Not to mention he starred in his own reality tv show Steven Seagal: Lawman (2009-13). He's also doing a new movie called Contract to Kill coming soon to theaters.

[CORP]
Beta Testers
390 posts
1,702 battles

Say what you want about Seagal, but his originals were great action flicks. He definitely has gained some weight in recent years. The man is 54 years old though, so cut him some slack.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Say what you want about Seagal, but his originals were great action flicks. He definitely has gained some weight in recent years. The man is 54 years old though, so cut him some slack.

Maybe if his action niche wasn't martial arts, or if it was 40+ years ago. (John Wayne style)

Nowadays, mere age is no excuse for an action hero being out of shape, especially after The Expendables lol.

[N-F-H]
Beta Testers
97 posts

It's how he looked in Under Siege though. I duno, just doesn't seem strange to me. I'm sure if he could he'd be happy to look that way again for the ads. :trollface:

He wasn't a captain in that movie, he was a cook.  Should be wearing those scrubs, tbh.