You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
yoshinator11

Help finding the name of a WoWS Song

10 comments in this topic

[TJR]
Members
13 posts
2,394 battles

I'm driving myself up the damn wall with this.

So, I've been trying to find one of the songs from the game for a video I'm making. And I know what the song I want is, but I don't know the name, and I've looked through 2 soundtrack collections now, and I just can't find it. 

The worst part is, it's probably one of the most memorable songs in the game for me! (Judging from how many Naval Legends videos it's in, I'm guessing it's the same for the WG team.)

The only (immediate) clip I could find with a part of the song is at 0:29 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4dnmfCa0is

Does anyone know what song it is?

Edited by yoshinator11

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

The song you're looking for doesn't exist in the OST and doesn't have an official name. It's number 25089008 within the game music files. I've ripped out every relevant song in the game on my signature if you don't want to do it yourself.

• Cool 1

[TJR]
Members
13 posts
2,394 battles

The song you're looking for doesn't exist in the OST and doesn't have an official name. It's number 25089008 within the game music files. I've ripped out every relevant song in the game on my signature if you don't want to do it yourself.

Thanks for the info, and if you could get me the file, that'd be awesome of you. I'd do it myself, but I've got no idea how to rip songs. (I'll have to figure that out at a later date)

Thanks for the help, that song's incredibly fitting for the part it's going in, and only 1 or 2 of the OST tracks only come CLOSE to working.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

Thanks for the info, and if you could get me the file, that'd be awesome of you. I'd do it myself, but I've got no idea how to rip songs. (I'll have to figure that out at a later date)

Thanks for the help, that song's incredibly fitting for the part it's going in, and only 1 or 2 of the OST tracks only come CLOSE to working.

I know it's part of my soundtrack rip but I don't quite remember which download part it's on. Well musical adventures are fun too right? :)

[TJR]
Members
13 posts
2,394 battles

I know it's part of my soundtrack rip but I don't quite remember which download part it's on. Well musical adventures are fun too right? :)

How large are all the parts in total?

[TJR]
Members
13 posts
2,394 battles

So, it's been a few days, but I haven't heard anything from you yet, have you found the music?

If you can't find it, that's fine, but could leave instructions on how to rip the game's music, or provide a link to a post with the instructions, please?

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

So, it's been a few days, but I haven't heard anything from you yet, have you found the music?

If you can't find it, that's fine, but could leave instructions on how to rip the game's music, or provide a link to a post with the instructions, please?

Sorry about that, I've been quite busy and still am. As for the parts they're not big if you don't feel like ripping. Now for ripping instructions:

Quick & Dirty -

1. Find Ravioli Game Tools from Google

2. Open up Ravioli Explorer

3. Go to your WOWS install & open res/banks

4. Find the corresponding .wem file number

5. Drag it into the explorer & export it

6. Done

[TJR]
Members
13 posts
2,394 battles

Sorry about that, I've been quite busy and still am. As for the parts they're not big if you don't feel like ripping. Now for ripping instructions:

Quick & Dirty -

1. Find Ravioli Game Tools from Google

2. Open up Ravioli Explorer

3. Go to your WOWS install & open res/banks

4. Find the corresponding .wem file number

5. Drag it into the explorer & export it

6. Done

I must have been doing something wrong, because the program didn't work. It kept giving me an error about it not being a recognized file type, and wouldn't work with it. Fortunately, I was able to find a process that worked. I've now got the music file in my possession. Thanks for all the help! o7