Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tedbearsurvivalist

Hacksaw Ridge: Best War movie of all time?

10 comments in this topic

Members
58 posts
2,047 battles

Hi there

I went to see the film Hacksaw Ridge last night

I take great interest in The Second World War (I have for most my life) and the events which surround it, hence I have seen plenty of WWII movies, dozens of them, most likely most of them ever made. But there has never really been a war movie that has done justice for the war.

I am was really pleased to find out that a new WWII movie was coming out, but I wasn't expecting much from a movie of 2016. I have found that most of the movies today are usually rubbish.

I came out of that cinema speechless.  This movie had taken so many great elements from other war movies and omitted their problems. The acting was superb-the characters looked and sounded like they were from that era. This movie was very well structured-we learned about the characters initial life before the war and his problems/relationships. Then he went to boot camp and off to war-how it should be.  The directing was amazing-the camera shots/angles and everything just captured it all so well. The combat was the best in any movie, you have to see it to believe it. The vehicles and weapons and music in this movie were all so vintage it was beautiful. I am really pleased that the Japanese were featured in such a movie-its usually the Germans. This film is testament to how awful war is.

This movie currently sits on an 8.8 on IMDB, which should place it around 12th best movie of all time on IMDB Top 250. I am just dissapointed that this movie has not received such a large reception/reaction that it deserves. Everyone in the cinema was laughing, crying, gasping or speechless in awe. Even those who are not into war and are just into movies in general with love this one. I am so surprised that a movie this good was made in this decade. Everyone talks about Saving Private Ryan as the defining war movie-but it is so overrated and Hollywood like and all about how Americans save the day. Watch this Hacksaw Ridge and you will agree with me. This movie is a real experience that will be talked about for years. You cannot miss this one.

Best of all-this actually happened, an unsung American hero saved 75 lives in one day.

Long live the remembrance of the most signifigant moment in history (the war)-and long live Pvt Doss.

Thank you

Members
5,450 posts
21,041 battles

My sisters went and saw it. Came back raving about it. Just about everyone I hear says its an epic movie and well worth the time to see. Some go so far to say it should win some awards. 

• Cool 1

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

while we're on the subject of ww2 movies, what you guys/girls think about Anthropoid? It about to come out on dvd soon

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Saving Private Ryan. :hiding:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,054 posts
8,279 battles

while we're on the subject of ww2 movies, what you guys/girls think about Anthropoid? It about to come out on dvd soon

Now I'm eager to watch that now. Looks interesting and I remember reading about this storys events in some ways like 2-3 months ago.

Back to topic...I would watch it but I got many things to spend/use on sadly. I guess I'll wait when it comes out on dvd/bluray. However, on my end and imo, I still think FURY was the best ww2 most out there. But again, that's JUST my opinion afterall. :tea_cap:

Members
1,947 posts
8,913 battles

Longest Day, Great Escape, To Hell and Back, Tora! Tora! Tora!, Saving Private Ryan, Casablanca, and about 30 others. Really unimpressed.

Sign in to follow this