You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

The lack of quality team-play.

37 comments in this topic

[-OSG-]
Members
2,542 posts
16,594 battles

I have been on the WoWS site and game for about 3 months... I am an avergae, if not slightly below avg player. I have have stayed with BB's, the DD's are too twitchy for me. I have enjoyed the game, but... and yeah, there is abut... the lack of quality team play is gaining in influence on me. Sure it isfunnto blow stuff up, but for me I would like more quality team play.

I am a premium player..so far...but that is likely going to change next week when that ptime runs out. I need more opportunities for quality team play.... the constant lack of communication means teams bumble around and wins are more by chance than anything else.... no noe fills their roles and players scatter all over the map....

I have played recreational/competitive volleyball, where team play is the way it is done.. people communicate, each team tries to run good plays to beat the other, and everyone appreciates good plays, be they on your own side or the other.

WoWS is getting old fast... 3 months in and I am close to having had enough.

WG... I need better team play to stay.  I have spent some $$ on the game, and would spend more were there to be an effort to facilitate better team play.  I think there is a lot you could do to create this form of play. There are suggestions on the boards that could help shape it all.

I have a few ideas... but yeah... unless you really want to hear them.. I won't spend the time on it... it is a big world and most seem happy with the game as is...

[NLL]
Members
151 posts
9,695 battles

Teamplay cannot be patched into a game. If the players suck at teamplay you'll have to live with it.

• Cool 1

Members
808 posts
9,436 battles

Quality team play is difficult in random battles.  Look into team battles and there are teams/clans out there that recruit and even assist and train their members.  You just cannot get a high level of coordination in random.  The type/chat is clunky and not fast enough to keep up with the flow of battle.  I have a core group of guys I run in division with.  I am not currently on any team.  I agree that getting into complete fail teams several times in a row is frustrating.  Keep in mind WG is working on adding clan functions to the game which allows your clan that you join run battle with member only or battle other clans.  I am thinking the level of coordination will soar when this happens. If this is your preference look for that to happen then get back into the game. Unitl then enjoy the PRACTICE that randoms give you.

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

Team battles (when they return) or clans is probably what you should focus on. Asking for good team play in random battles just isn't going to happen most of the time.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Trying to get team play in ranked, is like trying to herd cats, good luck.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
367 posts
2,515 battles

I have been on the WoWS site and game for about 3 months... I am an avergae, if not slightly below avg player. I have have stayed with BB's, the DD's are too twitchy for me. I have enjoyed the game, but... and yeah, there is abut... the lack of quality team play is gaining in influence on me. Sure it isfunnto blow stuff up, but for me I would like more quality team play.

I am a premium player..so far...but that is likely going to change next week when that ptime runs out. I need more opportunities for quality team play.... the constant lack of communication means teams bumble around and wins are more by chance than anything else.... no noe fills their roles and players scatter all over the map....

I have played recreational/competitive volleyball, where team play is the way it is done.. people communicate, each team tries to run good plays to beat the other, and everyone appreciates good plays, be they on your own side or the other.

WoWS is getting old fast... 3 months in and I am close to having had enough.

WG... I need better team play to stay.  I have spent some $$ on the game, and would spend more were there to be an effort to facilitate better team play.  I think there is a lot you could do to create this form of play. There are suggestions on the boards that could help shape it all.

I have a few ideas... but yeah... unless you really want to hear them.. I won't spend the time on it... it is a big world and most seem happy with the game as is...

I can tell you from experience that going standard account will not improve anything. It will ruin your MM something they still deny but I have proof of.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

I can tell you from experience that going standard account will not improve anything. It will ruin your MM something they still deny but I have proof of.

And this proof is?

[KMS3]
Members
1,293 posts
7,929 battles

The problem is that the game has been overrun by children who don't care about anything but themselves.  They don't know what teamwork means.  Its been getting worse for sure.

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

any evidence would be influenced by so many factors i doubt anyone could ever prove this...in my experience the MM is the same in WoT/WoWS no matter the account type after long periods of both. lots of bad, non cooperative, aloof etc players.

just about every game is like this OP. when you throw together a bunch of random people getting them to work together is tough...especially in a country that values the individual as much as we do, everyone thinks their strategy/idea/goal is best and forget anyone else. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,906 posts
11,226 battles

The OP has never played WoT, apparently...

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
823 posts
10,937 battles

Quality team play is difficult in random battles.  Look into team battles and there are teams/clans out there that recruit and even assist and train their members.  You just cannot get a high level of coordination in random.  The type/chat is clunky and not fast enough to keep up with the flow of battle.  I have a core group of guys I run in division with.  I am not currently on any team.  I agree that getting into complete fail teams several times in a row is frustrating.  Keep in mind WG is working on adding clan functions to the game which allows your clan that you join run battle with member only or battle other clans.  I am thinking the level of coordination will soar when this happens. If this is your preference look for that to happen then get back into the game. Unitl then enjoy the PRACTICE that randoms give you.

Problem with that is then you start to get 3 player clan divs on one team, who are coordinating with teamspeak, who can (and usually do) run riot all over the enemy team...

Happened in tanks, it'll happen here, too...

Edited by Thraxian

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,413 battles

Good team play is random and very rare so like most of the rest of us here for a long time just live with it and do your best whether your team is good or bad

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

Keep plugging away.  The clan system is in beta and once its in place, it will be much easier to find and play with other similar minded people.

Members
6,889 posts
14,875 battles

Teamplay cannot be patched into a game. If the players suck at teamplay you'll have to live with it.

The above needs to be repeated....

Members
3,256 posts
4,322 battles

The problem is more the zerg/counter zerg tactics that involve no pushing and punishes those who do push by them getting focus fired. It was a problem that I ran into at tier 6 when playing in tier 8 games. This style of play has since bled down into the lower tiers with the coming of the km bbs.

It something that can not be addressed because it is based on players and not the game itself. Cowards will be cowards and the game rewards them

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

It is what drew me to clan wars in WOT was organized team play and to get away from nothing but random battles with random players. I really hope with clans being introduced that some form of clan wars will come soon after and that might be the answer here for you OP.

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,596 battles

Even more frustrating when you have contributed to a huge lead and then all of a sudden the team melts, literally blowing that lead within a minute or two. :-(

Members
3,929 posts
20,950 battles

It's the way of this playerbase and wg is having a great time taking $dvantage of it.

Suckers.

Edited by yUPPatriots

[TILLT]
[TILLT]
Beta Testers
1,108 posts
6,666 battles

The problem is more the zerg/counter zerg tactics that involve no pushing and punishes those who do push by them getting focus fired. It was a problem that I ran into at tier 6 when playing in tier 8 games. This style of play has since bled down into the lower tiers with the coming of the km bbs.

It something that can not be addressed because it is based on players and not the game itself. Cowards will be cowards and the game rewards them

Would you describe yourself as courageous while you sit at a desk pushing keys to move your pixels around?  What does courage have to do with team play in a computer game?  Once we get clan wars going in this game where both sides have comms then we will see fleet actions. So looking forward to that.

Members
11 posts
3,826 battles

There are 2 primary problems:

The first is matchmaker. 

For years it has been terrible.  It is better in warships than in tanks, but the 6 year olds that get mommy to buy them a ship and then proceed to make the game miserable for the rest of us aren't punished in any way.  It doesn't seem that matchmaker tries to weight good players and diminish poor players, and then choose balanced teams.  You ought to play during the day when school lets out.  Boy howdy is that a clown show.

The second is the servers.

The NA servers host all the players from SA, so a good portion of your team probably can not speak your language.

We ALL get sick of it.

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

There are 2 primary problems:

The first is matchmaker. 

For years it has been terrible.  It is better in warships than in tanks, but the 6 year olds that get mommy to buy them a ship and then proceed to make the game miserable for the rest of us aren't punished in any way.  It doesn't seem that matchmaker tries to weight good players and diminish poor players, and then choose balanced teams.  You ought to play during the day when school lets out.  Boy howdy is that a clown show.

The second is the servers.

The NA servers host all the players from SA, so a good portion of your team probably can not speak your language.

We ALL get sick of it.

Match maker can't make good teams when 85% of the gaming base is garbage no matter what tweaks you make to it.

[-OSG-]
Members
2,542 posts
16,594 battles

It's the way of this playerbase and wg is having a great time taking $dvantage of it.

Suckers.

The point of this post ..was to bring to the attention of WG, that right now, I am a paying customer, but that I soon will not be.  I need more from them in terms of creating a team environment for me to be a paying customer... and I am thinking they want paying customers.... the game is great fun up to a point, and that point is likely at different places for people.

[-OSG-]
Members
2,542 posts
16,594 battles

Match maker can't make good teams when 85% of the gaming base is garbage no matter what tweaks you make to it.

I think the information is there to be able to "advance" team players to a different level in the game. By demonstrating over time that you work for the team.