Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alphonse2501

Tirpitz compromised build

9 comments in this topic

Members
161 posts
3,936 battles

I finally made my first 15 points captain in fleet by weekend/Halloween event. After reviewing many recent topics about captain skills and ship upgrades, I managed to make "compromised build" like this:

OCmHHY9.jpg

kB9LLy2.jpg

J4rCja4.jpg

Because this captain is for Bayern so manual secondary will not good for tier VI. I will need to work for 16th point for BoS since cruiser has regaining their meta on med-high tier random battle.

Edited by alphonse2501

[KIA]
Members
1,860 posts
7,766 battles

You will need those Manual Secondaries starting T7/T8

Very excellent Bismarck secondaries 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

For my T7+ captains I still went with Manual Secondaries instead of Concealment Expert.  I also never use DCSM2, but that's personal preference - for any ship that I'm brawling with I'll mount the Dreadnought and Fireproof flags.  If I died to torpedo flooding then I deserved it for not waiting it out with my damage control.

Members
161 posts
3,936 battles

You will need those Manual Secondaries starting T7/T8

Very excellent Bismarck secondaries 

I have two 11 points captains in my fleet. Konig and Gneisenau. They will go to Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament, and I have propose to promote Konig Captain to Bismarck when Gneisenau unlocks it in future.

I usually prefer superintendent since I like premium damage control and repair party. B.o.s. next, I take it?

For my T7+ captains I still went with Manual Secondaries instead of Concealment Expert.  I also never use DCSM2, but that's personal preference - for any ship that I'm brawling with I'll mount the Dreadnought and Fireproof flags.  If I died to torpedo flooding then I deserved it for not waiting it out with my damage control.

DCSM2 plus Basics of Survivability, and India Yankee (Fireproof) signal flag can reduce fire time to 30 seconds. India Delta (Dreadnought), in my opinion, can compensate one repair party from Superintendent. 

In most case one fire is repairable by boosted repair party, but when two or more fire on board I need a Damage Control Party is ready to use.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,061 battles

Manual control for secondaries is only a 15% dispersion buff for tiers 6 and below. 

My Konig captain has High Alert for quicker Damage Control cooldown plus Vigilance for torpedo infested waters, although I'm toying with the idea of the 4-point AA buff. 

Just got to 15 points for my Bismarck captain and decided to try a main battery/concealment build. With BFT and AFT, the secondaries are nothing to sneeze at. Most may say I'm buffing the weaknesses and not building on her strengths, but I'm mostly convinced that a lot of the complaints about German BB accuracy are due to secondary focused build. 

• Cool 1

Members
161 posts
3,936 battles

That's a problem. After months of battles not just German BB heat has dissipated, and more captains figure out how to counter turtle back. Firing outside of secondaries range becomes common.

Members
161 posts
3,936 battles

Update my progress:

umsFGkx.jpg

Now I have two 15 points Manual Secondary Captain. Vigilance Captain assigned in Bismarck, and Superintendent Captain still assigned in Gneisenau but I can put him in Tirpitz.

Secondary build for Bismarck is logical choose because of dispersion (Bismarck default: 255 m vs Tirpitz + Main gun upgrade: 257 m). I have to say TASM1 is quite important after Japanese DD tree updates for detecting torpedo as soon as possible.

Edited by alphonse2501

Sign in to follow this