You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Is there a way to know about sales in advance?

18 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I'd like to know about upcoming sales especially of tech ladder ships. Does WoW let us know if there's a sale coming up in the short term?  If so where Can I find this info?

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,360 battles

They will sometimes post somewhere about what is coming up in a week or two as far as the shop goes. But it might be on reddit, or in a blog, or in a post here, or on the main webpage. 

But far as I know nothing official.

Edited by vind21

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

Sometimes they're listed on the monthly events page in advance. The last time there was a sale on port slots and commander resets (not including the Situational Awareness change), it was known for a while beforehand.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I was just hoping for a few days notice. Someone told me that there would be a ship sale by month's end so I have been resisting the urge to pay full retail for a particular ship.  I'd hate to pay full price and then see it at 50% off a few days later.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

They will sometimes post somewhere about what is coming up in a week or two as far as the shop goes. But it might be on reddit, or in a blog, or in a post here, or on the main webpage. 

But far as I know nothing official.

The FB page for NA does this a lot. They will post a pic of a ship a few days out on their page letting people know it'll drop in the shop in 2-3 days or that there will be a sale 

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,574 battles

I would just stock doubloons in advance and then you can wait patiently for the sale.

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

The FB page for NA does this a lot. They will post a pic of a ship a few days out on their page letting people know it'll drop in the shop in 2-3 days or that there will be a sale 

Any news about a sale this weekend for NA?

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

Any news about a sale this weekend for NA?

Just the usual 3 days premium bundle they do about every weekend 

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

If there was a ship sale this weekend would it start on Friday or Saturday?  It's Friday 4 PM here and I see nothing on the tech trees about a sales.

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

If we knew about the sales in advance... would we then need to know about the sales in advance of the advance?

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

If we knew about the sales in advance... would we then need to know about the sales in advance of the advance?

Sales-ception

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,360 battles

If you are itching to spend some cash I recommend buying a Scarnhorst while it is still available.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

If you are itching to spend some cash I recommend buying a Scarnhorst while it is still available.

A careful reading of OP will indicate that it's about the sales on credits-purchased ships, the ones on the tech tree.

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

Ah,now it makes sense! I have WoWs on facebook,and it keeps having stuff for EU only,no mention that it was FOR the EU though ( I kept stirring them up about it,especially when they had sales and it only had EU links! ).Just did a better search,and found that there is a page for ASIA and NA as well.Thanks!