NikoPower

World of Warships Clan Beta Sign-Ups 10/28 - 10/30

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

419 posts in this topic

Captains!!!

One of the most requested features from the World of Warships community has been the implementation of clans. Well, the wait is over. Clans are coming very soon. Welcome to the World of Warships Clan Beta sign ups. There is some very information about this sign up period that you need to know. Please read carefully. 

Here is what you need to know!

• The sign up period for Clan Beta Registration is October 28th to October 30th 23:59 Pacific Time 2016. 
  • Please register for your clans HERE.
  • Once our clans are locked in, we will be ready to start the Clan Beta with the release of 0.5.14. The beta will end in December. 
  • Registration for the Clan Beta is currently free. Once we are out of beta and in public release, there will be a fee. We will update you on this as we get closer to release.
  • Late registrations will be looked at on a case by case basis. They don't guarantee entry.

To register, you'll need to provide the following:

• In game name and email of the clan leader/point of contact
  • Clan tags can range from 2-5 characters. 
  • Clan name: Can be between 2-70 characters. Names must follow the forum rules. Non-offensive and forum appropriate names.
  • Clan tag: Allowed symbols: numbers, latin letters, underscore (_), hyphen (-). Tag length: 2-5 symbols
  • Please provide the information for your clan members. You must have a minimum of 10 members to register. Names will appear like this EX: WGA-NikoPower
  • Until the clan is officially accepted by WG, registration do not guarantee entry. 

Beta Details:

• Clan Captains with a clan of  10 or more active members throughout the beta period will have the opportunity to keep their clan name for the public launch. All others will be wiped. 
  • Active members must have a minimum of 30 battles played during the beta period. 
  • As of current, the beta period will allow a max of 30 members max. We will work to make changes to this limitation prior on launch. We will keep you updated. 
  • As we get going, we will require feedback from the Clan Captains to let us know how they feel the beta is going and to offer suggestions as well. 
  • Since this is a beta, functions are subject to change. 

So do the members need to register too? Or does the leader register and give a list of member names?

So do the members need to register too? Or does the leader register and give a list of member names?

The link will help you out with that. You need to have at least the name of the members. 

Example - WGA-NikoPower

Absolutely brilliant! I cannot wait for 0.5.14

Question: Will there be clan battles? Say, in ranked/supremacy format? But of course, with rewards unlike team battles?

Exciting.  Can't wait to learn more about how the Clans will work...and about this "fee"...hmmm.

It will be similar to how WoT runs their clans. 

Hi Niko,

we want to know something due to the limits right now. Is it possible to create more than one entry per clan for now, to help WG testing the functionnality? 

Thanks,

Is it possible to create more than one entry per clan

For the beta period, you can. It won't guarantee entry but you can feel free to apply. Please try to fill up a single clan first though.

Another question:

The maps, will they be like ranked maps? (2 points of capture) or like the regular maps with 3?

Thanks Niko, and yeah, we expected that. Don't worry. ;) We just want to help with testing. :D

I cleaned up the explanation a bit. Lol. 

Very cool.  Submitted my entry.  Hey Niko, I submitted the list with names.  Will we be able to make changes to team members as needed during the testing phase?

So are the Clans for ships going to be separate from tanks and planes then?

I'm happy to see this feature finally on the way.

One question...  will the UI be cleaned up so we can actually see people's whole names?   As it is now, even without the clan tags at the beginning yet, many names are completely hidden... especially all the home-built clans like "Fog_Battleship_This" and "Fog_Cruiser_that".

Edited by PlaneCrazy

gold unification when?

and  before someone starts : no [edited]off I want my gold from wot

So happy to see this implemented!!

After you complete the entry I haven't received any confirmation, also i would like to know if we should add more than 9 players to this list?

Thanks!

I'm happy to see this feature finally on the way.

One question...  will the UI be cleaned up so we can actually see people's whole names?   As it is now, even without the clan tags at the beginning yet, many names are completely hidden... especially all the home-built clans like "Fog_Battleship_This" and "Fog_Cruiser_that".

The problem with that is that we (Referring to FOG community members with these names) establish these nicknames ourselves. It would probably annoy Wargaming a lot for having to change the names of a few hundred people for free, so they'll likely put the burden on us to give money for the name change. We also would have to make up a new format, and we can't simply drop the "fog" tag because KNTAI has most of the "Shipclass_Shipname" format names.

At least now everyone will see all the other members in the clan who didn't change to a "Fog" ship (Because it's not mandatory)! :D