Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mohawkdriver

Supercrate

23 comments in this topic

Members
4,535 posts
16,633 battles

Got a Supercrate the other day.  In it was 250 of those signals that increase chance of flooding and add 5% to the chance of being detonated.  Does anyone use these?

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Use in combination with anti-detonation flag.

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator, In AlfaTesters
1,119 posts
24,125 battles

I use them on my carriers due to the extremely low flood chance of air-dropped torpedoes. They make a significant difference there but aren't useful for much else.

Members
4,535 posts
16,633 battles

Use in combination with anti-detonation flag.

I can see where it would be helpful with torpedoes, but what if I'm cruising in something that doesn't have torps?

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

I can see where it would be helpful with torpedoes, but what if I'm cruising in something that doesn't have torps?

Then you wouldn't take it.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Carriers and low-tier USN/VMF DDs.  Starting at about Farragut for the USN and Gnevny for the VMF, they become unnecessary, but my Clemson had a bit of a hard time starting floods against higher-tier BBs (of course, this was before she couldn't see T6s).

CVs always can benefit the flag.  The USN flood chance is passable, but I swear the IJN torpedo has a negative flood chance.

Edited by TenguBlade

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Ramming speed! :trollface:

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

Try your luck.

Hell, all I've ever gotten on those is 5 "November Foxtrot" flags.  :(
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,548 battles

Got 10 millions credits once...would gladly change for that extra flooding chance or setting target on fire flag T_T

IJN is all about the damage but against high tiers it's best to send 2 different waves to get the damage done with flooding and fire.

[SKD]
Members
68 posts
7,324 battles

Gotten 5mil credits,  a port slot and 50 Ocean Soul Cammo's so far.  Overall I am pleased with the changes.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Just got my first Supercrate, via the Try Your Luck option (this was my third Try Your Luck) and in it was 5,000,000 credits....that more than pays for my NC hull B upgrade:)

[VIKNG]
Beta Testers
432 posts
14,053 battles

I use those Flags on all my German Torpedo BB's, since I really don't have to worry about detonations much.

Members
81 posts
1,346 battles

I got 20 million silver just now, which I'm not sure whether I should be happy or not. Granted, I've got no premium and just started the game in September, but for now free XP is more appealing to me. Oh well, at least it's not flags, which I hoard like crazy :/

Beta Testers
930 posts
5,765 battles

I got 20 million silver just now, which I'm not sure whether I should be happy or not. Granted, I've got no premium and just started the game in September, but for now free XP is more appealing to me. Oh well, at least it's not flags, which I hoard like crazy :/

The credit grind will surpass the XP grind unless you're quite good at the game so I'd hang onto those creds.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Yeah, you're not worried about credits now because you keep getting so many as you reach new level's, but once you reach level 12 and those bonuses stop you'll realize the credit grind is real.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,360 battles

A wasted slot for the most part but hey, you could always ram someone one....that can cause flooding :trollface:

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,360 battles

Yeah, you're not worried about credits now because you keep getting so many as you reach new level's, but once you reach level 12 and those bonuses stop you'll realize the credit grind is real.

Seriously, 20 million credits is a god send for most people. That is an entire T10 ship or a month+ grinding credits. I have over 1,000,000 free XP right now and it's doing nothing.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

When you start grinding high-tier ships, you'll be grateful for the huge cash reserve.  The grind through most T9s, factoring purchase of upgraded modules into account, will cost you almost 1.5 times that.

This assumes you don't put upgrades on.  The T9+ upgrade slot choices come in at 3 million each, the T8+ one 2 million, and the T6+ one 1 million.  For just those slots alone that's more than 25% of 20 million.

Edited by TenguBlade

Sign in to follow this