garfield001

[0.6.8.1] garfield001's Mod Collection

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

378 posts in this topic

I like this work, it's nice to see some attention given to Warship Girls too, I love Kancolle but always loved Warships Girls as well! Both are great! Following you to follow updates :rolleyes:

Glad you like the mods! To be fair, I hadn't planned on making WSG mods, but it was requested by someone. It made me discover many of the WSG girls though! Now I like both Kancolle and WSG. They both have great looking characters!

I don't play any of those games though... I just like the characters lol.

Glad you like the mods! To be fair, I hadn't planned on making WSG mods, but it was requested by someone. It made me discover many of the WSG girls though! Now I like both Kancolle and WSG. They both have great looking characters!

I don't play any of those games though... I just like the characters lol.

Liking waifus is half 3/4 of the game! Seriously, nobody would play if they did not liked models =P

Hi everyone! Thanks to Final_Spark, I have fixed a few mistakes in the Female commander names mod. A few name hadn't been changed...

It's a minor update, but if your Polish commander still has a male name (gross...), you may want to update! :honoring:

Updated Female Commander names

I like this work, it's nice to see some attention given to Warship Girls too, I love Kancolle but always loved Warships Girls as well! Both are great! Following you to follow updates :rolleyes:

I am very happy to meet another player who loves both Kancolle & Warships Girls! I <3 Königsberg & Tirpitz :happy_fish: Having them as previews for their respective ships in WoWs has had some kind of placebo effect on me as I now do better with them since installing the mod. :teethhappy: *Although I still derp hard sometimes :ohmy:*

This is my first post in this topic but I have both enjoyed and supported garfield's text & GUI mods for a while now.

1iy4vo.jpg

-garfield001

...now I get why people think she's jaw-droppingly sexy.  Meow.

Edited by FOG_Battleship_Tosa

Hey Garfield, took the liberty of making icons and previews (Warship Girls) for Missouri using your format. Just thought I'd share. http://imgur.com/a/Lnafr

Really wish dropbox links were allowed here.

Hey Garfield, took the liberty of making icons and previews (Warship Girls) for Missouri using your format. Just thought I'd share. http://imgur.com/a/Lnafr

Really wish dropbox links were allowed here.

Wow! Good find Louisville! And also good job rendering her in my usual style! I didn't find any picture of her on WSG's wikia page... and kind of stopped searching after that...

I'll update the mods later tonight to include her WSG self. Thanks for the find and good job again at making those!

EDIT : By the way, let me know if you find other WSG I missed!

Edited by garfield001

I updated everything for 0.5.15.1. Thanks to Cruiser_Louisville, I changed Missouri for WSG's version. Sadly I couldn't use his already made pictures, because I needed to be able to modify it as needed. But kudos to him (her?) for the effort and for pointing out that Missouri was available in WSG! :medal:

Other than that, flags were updated, because WG likes changing flags... It's worth knowing that everything should work fine even if you don't update the mods (except the flags). You can get the updated Missouri next big update!

As always, please let me know if you encounter anything that's not working properly! Have fun~!

1zf4q69.jpg

Wow! Good find Louisville! And also good job rendering her in my usual style! I didn't find any picture of her on WSG's wikia page... and kind of stopped searching after that...

I'll update the mods later tonight to include her WSG self. Thanks for the find and good job again at making those!

EDIT : By the way, let me know if you find other WSG I missed!

No problem! I actually probably should've provided the .psd's while I was at it, oh well~. Uhhh... I suppose on the topic of updating, it would be lovely if you could update Bogue to her updated art! Thanks for releasing your fonts, by the way, only reason I could keep the style similar. 

As an aside while on the topic of the fonts, to be honest, I don't really like the Dunkerque picture, so I used my own.

6x1FIwu.png

I suppose on the topic of updating, it would be lovely if you could update Bogue to her updated art!

Sure! Since it's a small update, it will have to wait for next update though if you don't mind.

As an aside while on the topic of the fonts, to be honest, I don't really like the Dunkerque picture, so I used my own.

Well that was the point of sharing the font pack. I can't possibly please everybody with each girl I pick. I'm kind of sad that you don't like Dunkerque though, as I think she's kind of cute~ (By the way, do you think you could send me the full picture of that Dunkerque girl?)

Oh, and this reminds me that I should update the Font Pack for the new German font. I'll do that tonight.

I updated everything for 0.5.15.1. Thanks to Cruiser_Louisville, I changed Missouri for WSG's version. Sadly I couldn't use his already made pictures, because I needed to be able to modify it as needed. But kudos to him (her?) for the effort and for pointing out that Missouri was available in WSG! :medal:

Other than that, flags were updated, because WG likes changing flags... It's worth knowing that everything should work fine even if you don't update the mods (except the flags). You can get the updated Missouri next big update!

As always, please let me know if you encounter anything that's not working properly! Have fun~!

1zf4q69.jpg

Warships Girl Missouri! :happy_fish: She makes me feel like actually getting the Missouri in-game which until now I had no intention of getting!

A small observation, your Kancolle Preview Mod has some Kancolle girls represent some ships that share the same name as them but are not actually the same ship such as Umikaze, Isokaze & Amagi which is cool :great:. However there is a CL in-game that shares the same name as a Kancolle Girl yet does not have her as a preview... Chikuma! KC Chikuma is the Tone-class aviation cruiser where the WoWs Chikuma is a protected cruiser/light cruiser... still I think in-game Chikuma will look great with Chikuma Kai-Ni as preview... in a later update of course :)

Once again I thank you for your continued making of fun mods for WoWs.

Warships Girl Missouri! :happy_fish: She makes me feel like actually getting the Missouri in-game which until now I had no intention of getting!

A small observation, your Kancolle Preview Mod has some Kancolle girls represent some ships that share the same name as them but are not actually the same ship such as Umikaze, Isokaze & Amagi which is cool :great:. However there is a CL in-game that shares the same name as a Kancolle Girl yet does not have her as a preview... Chikuma! KC Chikuma is the Tone-class aviation cruiser where the WoWs Chikuma is a protected cruiser/light cruiser... still I think in-game Chikuma will look great with Chikuma Kai-Ni as preview... in a later update of course :)

Once again I thank you for your continued making of fun mods for WoWs.

well.. thats because not all girls in kantai/kancolle have a girl model yet in kantai/kancolle, so some ships like Amagi need another girls picture for it, ect, you know? 

well.. thats because not all girls in kantai/kancolle have a girl model yet in kantai/kancolle, so some ships like Amagi need another girls picture for it, ect, you know? 

Yes I am aware of that, what I am saying is that Chikuma' s girl model in Kantai Collection can be good preview for the WoWs Chikuma as even though they are different ships they have the same name... especially as Chikuma the Tone-class aviation cruiser is not in WoWs & unlikely to be in-game at all. Almost feels like a waste to not have Kantai Chikuma in-game when there is an ship that has the same name as her.

I still find it funny that USS Louisville (CA/CL-28) is used for the USS St. Louis image.

Actually, on an interesting note regarding the current Chikuma image, the girl that's used is actually supposed to be Mikasa. Though the current Mikasa image girl is also supposed to be Mikasa. Also, the current Izumo image is ALSO a Mikasa concept XD

4ziOqsS.png

XGWoGt1.png

Edited by Cruiser_Louisville

Hey guys, I thought I'd let you know a little how I choose pictures for ships.

First, it's important to remember that I started doing these more than a year ago. Back then, I didn't know anything about ships in general, about Kancolle and even less about Warship Girls. Now, one year later, I have learned a little about naval history, ships, Kancolle and WSG. It's also important to know that I first started making the mods for myself, and since I didn't know about all these things, I didn't really care if each girl fitted with her ship. Since then, I also started sharing the mods, which made me, with the help of many people pointing out errors, fix some mistakes I had made or some inconsistencies. At this point, I think most ships use the right girls, Kancolle or WSG.

Second, navies tend to re-use names from older ships. As I mentioned in my first point, I didn't really know about it before. I since kept the girl on those ships because the way I see it, I doubt we'll see another "Amagi" or another "Chikuma" in the game. We may get a sister ship or something, but I doubt we'll get double names. I could be wrong, but you know, I will change stuff as needed.

Lastly, to fill out ships that are not in Kancolle or WSG, I have a bank of pictures that I keep to make those. Sometimes, they are random girls, sometimes they are from anime, sometimes they are original Kanmusu, and sometimes I can even know which ship the artist tried to represent. Whenever possible, I try to fit a ship with a drawing of that ship. Mikasa is a good example. I found a picture of Mikasa. I used it. I used Louisville's picture for St. Louis because the names were similar... In Chikuma's case, I don't really remember my reasoning at the time. Remember, Chikuma was one of the ships that were included at launch, so she was part of my version 1.0 and maybe I missed Kancolle Chikuma, maybe I didn't like her then... Who knows lol. At the moment though, I think her picture is fine because I believe she fits better for her 1911 look.

It's worth knowing that there are about 200 ships in the game, and I don't think that half of them are covered by Kancolle and WSG. I have to get creative for some ship, while trying to keep a similar style to each nation/ship line. Because of this, the Russian line was a nightmare to make! The British line was also pretty rough. Finding good art for each ship is actually a lot harder than it seems. While most Japanese ships are covered by Kancolle, other navies are harder to find. I always have to be on the lookout to find new pictures for future lines. Don't get me wrong though, I love doing this. I've spent countless hours just looking for pictures for potential girls. As I said, I have a growing bank of pictures I use whenever needed.

In conclusion, I want to mention that I love all your input. I try to make sure everybody loves each of the ships, and while I know it's impossible to please everyone, know that I do try my best! Also, you guys might be interested to know that the best time to suggest a picture for a ship is before they are actually realeased. For example, if WG (or a leak) announces the Novgorod and you'd like this picture for her, just send it to me! If I think she's appropriate, it will be my pleasure to use your picture! If not, maybe I can use her for another ship or something.

Anyway, I hope I didn't bore you with my long post. Have fun everyone!

-garfield001

P.S.: Good job Louisville for finding all my picture source! lol. :hiding:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I updated the Font pack with the new German font. I kept the old one in the pack, in case anyone prefer it over the new one.

Have fun!

actually, amagi is correct. She was laid down with intent of being one of the battleships in the 4/4 navy, but was later switched into a carrier before she was complete. Same hull, same ship. 

Thanks mate, loving this mod!

Just a random thought, for the Kancolle UI, perhaps the pictures of ship commanders can use the equipment fairies instead of the girls from random anime.

By the way, is it possible to make a kC-only version of the UI as well? I mean, like using only the Kancolle ship pictures when you press "tab" in-game. Thanks a lot!!!

Thanks mate, loving this mod!

Just a random thought, for the Kancolle UI, perhaps the pictures of ship commanders can use the equipment fairies instead of the girls from random anime.

By the way, is it possible to make a kC-only version of the UI as well? I mean, like using only the Kancolle ship pictures when you press "tab" in-game. Thanks a lot!!!

Hi there sanga! Welcome to the forums!

Equipment fairies for commanders sounds like a great idea! I'll try to work on it during the holidays. I've been kind of busy lately, so I don't know when I'll be able to do it.

As for a KC-Only UI mod, all I can say for now is to install the UI first, then install the KC-Only part you want on top of it.

I keep most of the mods separated, that way anyone can match any of them they like better. Maintaining the UI mod is a lot of work, so I'm trying not to have many of those (or else I'd have a WSG UI mod by now).

I'll see what I can do, but for now I recommend installing the KC-Only mod on top of the UI.

Thanks for the ideas! I hope you're not too disappointed by my answer.

Hey guys!

I just wanted to share the work of chaparoni on the EU forum who made an alternative Kamikaze R picture.

Kamikaze R

I don't think I'll be using it, however I'm sharing it because I think it's nice work and some people might prefer her. I personnally kind of like Ika Musume, so I'm keeping her for now.

If there's enough demand though, I have permission to use use them in the mods, so let me know what you think.

By the way, do not hesitate to share alternative ships you make!

For people wanting to use the pictures in the link, you just have to change the file name to PJSD026.png and drop it in WoWs/res_mods/[version]/gui/ship_previews and overwrite the old file.

Beware the Squid Girl! She makes a good representative of Kamikaze R.

That said I do adore that alternative Kamikaze R picture... Kamikaze R is for all intents and purposes a pallet swapped Kamikaze so taking the official Kantai Collection picture and giving it a swapped color pallet for Kamikaze R preview is quite fitting.

Now we just need to ask Kantai Collection to present official ship girls of Tachibana, Wakatake, Hashidate, Ibuki, Kawachi, prototype Kongo-class battlecruiser "Myogi", Vickers Design 472 "Ishizuchi ", 1941 Type A Heavy Cruiser "Zao" & A-140J "Izumo". :D

But on a more serious note, the tier X aircraft carrier "Hakuryu" does indeed already have an official Kantai Collection ship girl equivalent... Taihou Kai! Kantai Collection Taihou default form is that of a Taihou-class armoured aircraft carrier but her kai form is actually the Kai-Taihou design, made apparent by the extra DP guns & lengthened hull amongst other changes... a separate class altogether that Kantai Collection sneaked in without many noticing.

Would be great if someone was to take Taihou for WoWs Taihou preview and then take Taihou Kai for WoWs Hakuryu preview as this would allow for an entire line *Hosho, Zuiho, Ryoju, Hiryu, Shokaku, Taihou & Hakuryuu* to have official Kantai Collection previews. Of course I am not directing this request at Garfield who has already done quite a lot in his mods but rather a general request I wish to see in-game.