garfield001

[0.6.8.1] garfield001's Mod Collection

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

380 posts in this topic

I'm pretty new to the game and I only found your mods yesterday, just a few hours before the game went down for maintenance, and immediately fell in love with what you've done. While I didn't have much time to really appreciate all the details of what you've done, it still had a profound effect! 

So I'd just like to say thank you. 

Thank you for making the mod. Thank you putting so much time and effort into it. And thank you for sharing it!

Hello Cirno! I'm sorry that you don't like that picture. I will try to find one to replace it, but in the meantime, if you have any suggestion to what picture you would like instead, I'm open to suggestions.

If you really want to change it by yourself, you will find the picture in the bg_lib.swf file. You will need JPEXS Flash Decompiler to be able to change it.

many thanks! I'd change it myself right npw but as the mod isn't working since the last update I guess it wouldn't be of much use hehe

as for the picture, I really like this picture of the kongou sisters (by artist azizkeybackspace on deviantart), It's the one was planning to use. But since so many people are asking for Iowa or Nagato I guess that would be really cool as well. 

qIPRY11.png

Edited by Cpt_Cirno

Alright guys, sorry for the delay, I'm finishing up a few things and will be uploading the mods. Cirno, you posted at about the right time, and I picked your Kongou sisters picture for the Random Battle screen. I find it a little "busy" so we may lose some info on the screen, but we'll see. I may change it next update if I'm not satisfied with it.

Nagato is already the center of the Ranked Battle screen, so I didn't liek having her too many times, you know, for people who don't like her as much as you guys! And I didn't find a nice Iowa picture that's large enough...

Anyway, mods should be up shortly!

what image size would you need Garfield? i can maybe look around.. :^) 

Some people would like me to change the picture for Random Battles (the one showing while the game is looking for a battle). Nagato and Iowa seem to be the favorite girls for it, but I haven't been able to find a good picture of Iowa, and Nagato is already the picture for Ranked Battles. Cpt_Cirno proposed a picture that I'll use for this version anyway.

If you, or anyone, has any suggestions to replace it, please post them!

Hi everyone! Sorry for the wait, but here it is finally. I have updated everything for 0.5.15.0! As expected, I have added the new Japanese DDs and the upcoming German DDs. A few new things this time. I changed the Warspite picture for WSG mods, because I found a WSG version of her. I tried a new way of making the Romanization and Commander names mods, so there may be a few mistakes here and there. Let me know if you find any. Just need to mention that the Pan-Asian commander may have changed a little, my new way of modding it gives the right accents. Premium Oleg, Graf Spee and Missouri were added. Also, I changed the German font because the DD names were unreadable and the numbers didn't look very good... I actually like the new font, but let me know what you think about it.

Lastly, I made a Dasha Perova commander! She now replaces Steven Seagal in the Commander pack, but it is also possible to download her as a standalone. I have made both an anime and a non-anime version.

What's new:

• New Japanese DDs
  • New German DDs
  • Added Oleg, Graf Spee, Missouri
  • Changed Warspite for WSG mods
  • New font for German ships
  • Commonwealth (Canada and Australia) flags
  • ARP flag
  • New Dash Perova (anime and non-anime) commander

epkkyw.jpg

I hope you guys like the changes! As always, let me know if anything isn't working properly.

-garfield001

Edited by garfield001

Thanks for the pictures Pureshadow. For now I'm gonna go with the one offered by Cpt_Cirno, and we'll see how that goes!

Hi Garfield001

The right side of your latest icon pack is mirrored.
The battle_state.swf is no longer working as usual, i found a way to solve this issue, not perfect but workable.

Extract 'gui\unbound\team_structure.xml' from res_packages and copy to res_mods........you know the rest,
Modify the value of line 2950 and line 2952 with text editor,

Good Luck!
FHjjWcg.jpg

Skbz3An.jpg

Great modpack Garfield! I love your mods. However, I've tried downloading the 0.5.15.0 version of the Kancolle UI and Lady Commanders mods but both contains checksum errors. Is it just me or someone else is having the same issue?

Noticed the ship icon and ship preview  image don't match on some of the ships for the kancolle v2 pack and kancolle preview v1

Hi guys. The mods seem to be acting weird. I suspect there was some sort of mess up in the uploading, because everything looks fine on my end (except for Graf Spee who had the wrong filename).

Anyway I will re-upload them soon, after some more investigating.

The right side of your latest icon pack is mirrored.

The battle_state.swf is no longer working as usual, i found a way to solve this issue, not perfect but workable.

Ohhh! Many thanks hakabase! I never use those side panels, so I hadn't even noticed. I would never had found the fix! Haha!

Okay, so I re-uploaded everything. Hopefully this time it works properly... Let me know if anything isn't working properly.

Hey Garfield,

Great mod packs - I'm a big fan.  I can tell you put a lot of very hard work into these.

I have a question.  Do you know offhand which packs (or which folders within them) are generally going to be future-proof as far as resisting issues after updates?  I'm trying to put together an archive I can just keep as backup so I don't have to re-download the packs again every time (I understand, of course, that I'll have to manually drop them in the new patch folder).

I know this won't always work because of random UI changes and whatnot coming with the client updates, but if you know a general rule of thumb, that would be awesome!

The only reason I ask is I had a few issues playing around with manually dropping a few last-patch mods back into the current patch res_mods folder.  With any combination of mods I tried (which was not so many combinations - I gave up after a few tries), I was getting stuck at the pre-battle screen with no "battle" button.  So any help would be greatly appreciated!

And a random side request which you're of course free to ignore - a separate 'future-proof' modpack that only contains stuff which isn't likely to break UI elements too badly if updated versions aren't downloaded.

Anyway, again great stuff!  Thanks for being so quick about the updates!

Edited by Smeggles

Hey there Smeggles and welcome to the forums! Glad you like the mods! :honoring:

There are not many "future proof" pack to be honest... The Ship Preview ones (all the them) and the Commanders mods are the only one that should be fine every new patch. The flag mods won't break the game, but you may not have the right flag on the right ships (you get some funny combo sometimes lol).

Kancolle UI is almost sure to break. Sometimes the Ship Icons don't break, but as a general rule I have to update them... Romanization and commander names SOMETIMES don't break the game, but those one too have to pretty much get updated every patch...

Most mods break because .swf and .xml files change and aren't compatible, so any mod, or any part of a mod that isn't one of those types of files should work fine. For example, Ship Icons would work fine if you remove the .xml and .swf. They wouldn't be flipped for the enemy team, but they would show. Same for Kancolle UI. A lot of the UI parts are in .swf files, but you could get some things to work regardless, such as map loading screens or some of the icons. It kind of defeats the purpose of the mod, as most of the UI would remain vanilla, but you know, those parts would work...

As a side note, most of the mods usually survive tiny patches (0.5.14.1 for example).

And a random side request which you're of course free to ignore - a separate 'future-proof' modpack that only contains stuff which isn't likely to break UI elements too badly if updated versions aren't downloaded.

As you can see, there are not a lot of them that are "future proof", so I don't think that I'll make a pack for them. They're also pretty much all different versions of the same one. I know having to update the mods every patch kind of sucks, but let me assure you that it's a lot more work for me (and any modders)!

I hope this answers your question. If I can help with anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

Small update, apparently I had forgotten to change the tier of the Japanese DDs that moved on the tree. So I updated Ship Icons version 2 and 2.5, both for Kancolle and for WSG. Also updated Kancolle UI with it.

Hey there Smeggles and welcome to the forums! Glad you like the mods! :honoring:

There are not many "future proof" pack to be honest... The Ship Preview ones (all the them) and the Commanders mods are the only one that should be fine every new patch. The flag mods won't break the game, but you may not have the right flag on the right ships (you get some funny combo sometimes lol).

Kancolle UI is almost sure to break. Sometimes the Ship Icons don't break, but as a general rule I have to update them... Romanization and commander names SOMETIMES don't break the game, but those one too have to pretty much get updated every patch...

Most mods break because .swf and .xml files change and aren't compatible, so any mod, or any part of a mod that isn't one of those types of files should work fine. For example, Ship Icons would work fine if you remove the .xml and .swf. They wouldn't be flipped for the enemy team, but they would show. Same for Kancolle UI. A lot of the UI parts are in .swf files, but you could get some things to work regardless, such as map loading screens or some of the icons. It kind of defeats the purpose of the mod, as most of the UI would remain vanilla, but you know, those parts would work...

As a side note, most of the mods usually survive tiny patches (0.5.14.1 for example).

As you can see, there are not a lot of them that are "future proof", so I don't think that I'll make a pack for them. They're also pretty much all different versions of the same one. I know having to update the mods every patch kind of sucks, but let me assure you that it's a lot more work for me (and any modders)!

I hope this answers your question. If I can help with anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

Every little bit helps, Garfield, thanks!  I can actually use that, since most of what I use are the ship previews, commanders and captain names anyhow.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Yet another small fix for Ship Icons V2. Friedrich der Große didn't have her flag for some reason. Not really a big deal, but it's there if you want to update it.

Hey Garfield, just installed the updated mod and eveythings works fine, the new random battle screen looks amazing! Can't thank you enough!

Hey Garfield, just installed the updated mod and eveythings works fine, the new random battle screen looks amazing! Can't thank you enough!

I'm actually pretty happy with your picture! Fits a lot better than when I did my quick tests. I think it's a keeper~ So, thanks to you! :honoring:

Hi everyone! Sorry for the wait, but here it is finally. I have updated everything for 0.5.15.0! As expected, I have added the new Japanese DDs and the upcoming German DDs. A few new things this time. I changed the Warspite picture for WSG mods, because I found a WSG version of her. I tried a new way of making the Romanization and Commander names mods, so there may be a few mistakes here and there. Let me know if you find any. Just need to mention that the Pan-Asian commander may have changed a little, my new way of modding it gives the right accents. Premium Oleg, Graf Spee and Missouri were added. Also, I changed the German font because the DD names were unreadable and the numbers didn't look very good... I actually like the new font, but let me know what you think about it.

Lastly, I made a Dasha Perova commander! She now replaces Steven Seagal in the Commander pack, but it is also possible to download her as a standalone. I have made both an anime and a non-anime version.

What's new:

• New Japanese DDs
  • New German DDs
  • Added Oleg, Graf Spee, Missouri
  • Changed Warspite for WSG mods
  • New font for German ships
  • Commonwealth (Canada and Australia) flags
  • ARP flag
  • New Dash Perova (anime and non-anime) commander

epkkyw.jpg

I hope you guys like the changes! As always, let me know if anything isn't working properly.

-garfield001

I'm curious as to how you did the Dasha image. It's nice artwork - I'd be interested in knowing. Thanks!

I'm curious as to how you did the Dasha image. It's nice artwork - I'd be interested in knowing. Thanks!

Hello Reitz! Glad you like the Dasha picture as it's the first one I actually made myself! I usually use artwork I find, but I couldn't find any cartoon-y Dasha pictures anywhere...

By the way, I can't really draw... but I'm good at cheating in Photoshop...

First, I used this picture of Dasha from one of the patch notes video. I removed the background, etc.

1iy4vo.jpg

I tried using filters to make her look cartoony, but that didn't work well... So, instead, I used this picture as base. I used it for the head and the body :

2i03kgm.jpg

Then I cut the hair out of the Dasha photo and pasted it on top of the anime lady. Used a filter to make it look like it was drawn. I then darkened the skin to make it match Dasha's skintone better. I changed the clothes by drawing over the old ones. I tried matching the highlights and shadows of the original picture. This was actually the hard part because, as I mentioned, I'm not that good at drawing and this was really the only part that required it. Finally, it was about tweaking it all, making sure the hair fits nicely on top of her head, added some lipstick, moved her eyes so that she's looking forward...etc.

One thing to remember is that she was meant to be a commander picture and those are pretty small, so I could afford having things not look perfect, because in the end, nobody would notice the mistakes.

Here's the picture before I made her smaller :

2r7t66d.jpg

I would have loved to show you some of the different layers I used, but I made a mistake and flattened everything (that's a big no-no)... So yeah... Hope that helps you. Let me know if you have any more questions!

-garfield001

I like this work, it's nice to see some attention given to Warship Girls too, I love Kancolle but always loved Warships Girls as well! Both are great! Following you to follow updates :rolleyes: