That’s a lot of what-ifs and since
1) the GC has been out for 2 years unchanged
2) it’s a premium ship outside of any Italian line it could have held up
3) GC’s on again off again teaser availability reeks of obvious cash grab because obvious is obvious
4) there have been 200 game priorities higher than Italian BB line
5) the entire game meta evolves all the time affecting all ships (some more or for better, some less or for worse) so a ship that is strong today might not be in future.
6) even if GC, Kami, Nik, Fujin, etc were twice as strong, like Stalingrad levels of crazy OP, it still wouldn’t really matter because there are not very many of them on the server and unlike Stalingrad none of them pretend to be something they aren’t.
7) easier for everyone to leave them alone and never sell them again
basically none of what you said applies. The tech tree counterpart angle is a good one though.
Some players have played well in it. Others either don’t click with the boat or are pissed ( EULA wavers) they gambled tons of real money and didnt get one. Better for WG to admit the Santa crates were a rip off this year, the drop rates were hilariously poor for many, and that they will test all future premium ships more before releasing them in the future. Better to preserve the trust of past, current and future cash supporters than make a mountain out of a mole hill. Folks bought a tier 5 experience and bumping a ship with gigantic weaknesses that’s been out for 2 years up so that it gets utterly thrashed by tier 8 ships is truely one of the worst ideas I can remember.
Any thoughts on the camo?