Welcome to the World of Warships Official Forum of the Americas!
This forum is here to provide you with a friendly atmosphere where you can discuss ideas, participate in events, share and receive game play advice, and discuss any other aspects of World of Warships with other players.
Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating on this forum and respect the rules.
However your access to the forum is a “privilege”, and not a “right.” Wargaming.net reserves the right to suspend your access to the forum at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these rules. If a member is found to violate any of the forum rules listed below, the current Rules Violations policy will be followed.
Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators and administrators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate.
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1 Registration Requirements
There is no requirement for a user to use his or her real name or to use any other form of identification that can be used to easily trace identities, and all e-mail addresses that are provided will be kept private. In order to register on World of Warships forum, registrants must be thirteen (13) years of age or older.
Users are solely responsible for protecting their accounts from access by others. Users are strongly encouraged to select a hard-to-guess password and not re-use that password on any other sites where it may be read by the owners or administrators of that site. It is highly recommended that board users do not share their accounts with others, or share their computers used to access the site with others. In case of the lost or hacked around, users are to inform support immediately.
1.2 Forum purpose
The purpose of this forum is to discuss World of Warships and military machines related topics, get to know fellow players, and to give feedback to the Wargaming.net developers.
Wargaming.net is not responsible for any user messages posted. Wargaming.net does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the support staff or moderators immediately. Wargaming.net employees and community moderators have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time limit, if it is found that removal is necessary. Users agree, through the use of this service, that they will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Users agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by said user or by this board.
1.4 Ban Policy
Violations of these guidelines may lead to users being banned from this forum as a temporary or even a permanent suspension of their account.
1.5 Errors reporting
Bugs and errors can be reported at the support website (https://na.wargaming.net/support/). Users can also report any bugs and errors on the corresponding forum thread.
2. PROHIBITIONS and RESTRICTIONS
2.1 Forum etiquette Users are not allowed to abuse others, make personal attacks or behave disrespectfully. This prohibition applies to both public threads and private messages (PMs).
· Making non-constructive posts, or creating threads on non-constructive topics
· Harassment or Defamatory remarks
· Cursing and profanities, Inappropriate language, Circumventing the profanity filter
· Personal abuse or attacks
· Insults or derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, sex, or sexual preference. This includes "jokes" in bad taste.
· Naming and Shaming, including posting stats, comparisons, replays, or game results with the intention of shaming
· Distribution of other forum users' personal information without their prior consent
· Discussion on social, religious, political topics that create controversy as well as negatively portray religious and political figures
· Insults towards Wargaming Staff (including moderators)
· Insults or provocation via PM after being set to RO status or warned for a violation
· Death threats and other threats of violence in real life, directed towards either other forum users or members of Wargaming staff
· Impersonation of the Administration or Moderation team
2.2 Distribution of real life information and real-life threats Postings and discussions which have users’ personal data - regardless of whether this is their own or that of other users - will be removed. Threats of out-of-game violence are never warranted, and will be removed.
Real life information includes but may not be limited to addresses, telephone numbers, emails, other contact information, images, or videos of players, personal information about player's real lives, or "fake" information put forth as real.
No rude or disrespectful posts to or about any forum moderators or Wargaming.net employees, as well as no release of real-life information about moderators or Wargaming.net employees are allowed on this forum.
Real-life threats include both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which refers to violence in any capacity that is not directly related to the game world.
Users are not allowed to post threads or comments here that advertise or solicit any non-beneficial, non- World of Warships related businesses, organizations, or websites. Explicit advertising and solicitation in signatures are also prohibited.
Users are not allowed to advertise or promote other games, or link to their websites. Mentioning or discussing other games is allowed as long as the user is not encouraging others to leave World of Warships to play other games.
2.4 Accounts, Gold/Credits, Pre-order & Promotional codes, Leveling services, Begging
• Creating alternative accounts with malicious intentions.
• Advertising of, or selling of game accounts.
• Advertising of, or selling of in game currency such as gold/credits.
• Advertising of, or selling of leveling services.
• Advertising of, or selling of promotional codes or pre-order codes.
• Begging in any form. Begging includes but is not limited to: requesting users to transfer real money to the virtual wallet, asking for additional gold/credits, and requests to transfer game gold/credits, promotional codes, pre-order codes, or anything similar.
• Linking to or promoting websites that contain the above prohibited services.
All types of posts for the sale or promotion of the exchange or transfer of accounts, currency, codes, and other services from one user to another violate the EULA and are prohibited within the forums and game channels.
Charity posts not related to World of Warships may be allowed at the discretion of Wargaming. For instance, if a player is involved in a real life tragedy, posting information about how to assist them MAY be allowed WITH admin approval. Requests not approved by admins will be removed regardless of validity.
2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling Off topic posting in an attempt to derail valid posts, or creating topics/threads for the purpose of causing unrest are not allowed.
• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
• Off-topic posting, such as attempting to derail serious threads or creating topics in the wrong forum section
• Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
• Creating threads for purpose of reporting or discussing in game violations. Such incidences are to be directed to support.
• Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
• Making non-constructive posts, or creating threads on non-constructive topics
• Abusing the "Reported Post" feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
• “Bumping” posts. Some sections may allow “bumping” in moderation, but users are to check the subsection of the forum to make sure that it is allowed in that section
• Creation of petition threads or polls that are not aimed at conducting a discussion.
Users should make sure that they post your new threads and postings in the appropriate forum, and users are asked familiarize themselves with the forums. This helps other users and moderators maintain an overview and so be able to respond faster with an appropriate answer to questions. Before beginning a new thread, look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.
Posts which drift off topic, or content-free posts will be edited or removed. Posting multiple messages with the same content across several forums is unwelcome and inappropriate, since such activities divide the targeted discussions and makes gathering feedback considerably more difficult. Such ‘cross posts’ will be merged, closed and redirected or removed.
2.6 Politics, Major Religions or Religious Figures The World of Warships forums are for discussions regarding World of Warships. This is not the place for controversial topics, and the Off-Topic section shall not be used for these topics as well.
Posting about social, religious, political, illegal or other controversial topics that may create offense. As well as negative portrayal of religious and political figures.
This includes topics regarding elections, politicians, current world events, discussions of older politics relating to previous military actions or wars, and any topic closed my moderator as too controversial for amicable discussion.
Due to the sensitive nature of current world events, even sympathy posts regarding any recent tragedies will be closed due to their potential to incite anger and cause conflict.
2.7 Law Violations
· Posting discussion threads on, or linking to, cheats, hacks, trojan horses, or malicious programs. If you suspect that a cheat or hack exists, provide the necessary information to support, it is not to be discussed within the forums.
· Posting unreleased content / hacking data files: showing unreleased in-game items, equipment, or areas that have been unlocked by hacking into client data files; discussing or displaying any data not available through normal game play;
· Illegal drugs or activities. Both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which reference to abusing illegal drugs or to performing illegal activities are prohibited.
Users are expected to act lawfully when participating on the forums. Posting about or discussing issues that violate local or international laws is not allowed under any circumstance.
The administration reserves the right to delete, update or modify any information which is considered inappropriate on these forums.
2.8 Discussing disciplinary actions
· Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player in game or on the forums
· Creating posts or threads to discuss moderators or moderator decisions and actions
· Creating posts accusing others of violating the rules and calling for disciplinary actions
All of these should be addressed to the support team, and not posted on the forums.
The official language of this forum is English. Using other languages is allowed in special forum sections only. Transliteration and intentionally distorted or illiterate language is unwelcome.
Users are to be considerate to those who obviously have difficulties with English, and similarly be considerate to English moderators who sometimes have to moderate in languages other than their own.
3.2 Hard-to-Read Posts
• Conducting conversations in foreign languages, outside the designated International forums
• Posting solely or predominantly in capital letters; excessive text spacing or line breaks; use of "1337 5p34k" or other hard-to-read writing styles
• Using misleading topic titles, excessive punctuation, and/or non-standard symbols
While posting on these forums users are to be reasonable with font size and color. Stick to default font size and try to avoid use of text colors different from black. The administration reserves the right to modify inappropriate posts and give warnings to their authors.
3.3 Links and Images
Whenever linking to a website or image or posting a image, be sure to check that they don't violate any of the rules above.
Sites or images that display illegal content, pornography, nudity, gratuitous violence, Nazi symbols such as swastikas, obscenities and any other content that goes against the standards of this community will be moderated.
In addition to the above we also request you not post ASCII art (pictures created by using letters and symbols on a keyboard) they are usually quite large and can be misinterpreted based on display issues.
The size of files and images referred may not exceed 100 kilobytes (kb).
3.4 Names (Players and Clans), Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Clan logos
Certain content for names, avatars, images/video, signatures & clan logos, have no place on the World of Warships forums or within the World of Warships game, due to their extremely offensive, annoying or inappropriate nature.
The following list is only a summary, but it gives some idea of names, images, signatures, avatars and clan logos which are not accepted with the World of Warships environment:
Names, Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Clan logos ....
· that contain insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment.
· That contain unprintable words or abbreviations, or which are unattractive and/or unreadable.
· which have (in any way) racist or nationalistic implications which may create offense to a certain nation, ethnic, religious or racial group.
· that contain an allusion of racial or national supremacy, as well as discriminating propaganda on any level.
· which are derogatory, discriminatory, or offensive to people with a disability or illness.
· which have an association with sexuality, pedophilia, sexual abuse; or have an offensive connection to the human body or bodily functions.
· which contain excessive gore or violence, or are obscene/vulgar.
· which make reference to addictive or illegal substances or their use, or any other illegal activities.
· which either in whole or partly contain copyrighted or registered trade mark elements.
· that contain reference to current mainstream religions that may create offense, i.e. names such as God, Jesus, Allah, etc.
· that contain Logotypes, symbols, emblems or figures connected in one way or another with organizations, that violate or were violating existing laws and rules (For example, using different variations of Nazi symbolic, abridgements and signs( 88, 14, 420, SS), or similar stylization (such as, 55) as well as credentials, names and surnames of Nazi leaders) which may provoke strong negative reaction/association or promote national/ethnic/religious hatred.
· that are connected with negative historical or political personalities, first of all those who are judged by international courts for crimes against humanity, those that generally arouse feelings of suffering or disgust in the majority of people, as well as members of currently existing terrorist organizations;
· that negatively portraits the projects moderators, staff or administration;
· which in any other manner violates the End User License Agreement or local laws;
....... either implicitly or explicitly are prohibited (This also contains links to websites containing the above).
If names (player or clan), avatars, signatures, images/video, clan logos within the forums or within the game violate these rules the offending account may be changed and/or the accounts may be sanctioned or suspended. Moreover, the administration reserves the right to delete, update or modify any names (player or clans) and avatars, images or clan images which are considered inappropriate on the forums or within the game environment.
Additionally, excessively long forum signatures are not permitted. Signatures may not exceed two lines. If these limitations are exceeded, then the disruptive elements will be removed without explanation and the offending account may receive sanctions. Users are allowed to use images in your signatures, but their size must not exceed 468px×100px (length x width). The signatures can contain animation, but it should not be annoying.
4. FORUM ADMINISTRATION and MODERATION
4.1 Administrators, Game Masters and Moderators
Administrators and Moderators are Wargaming.net employees.The administrator status is confirmed by “Group: Administrator, or Moderator” inscription under the user nickname. Other Wargaming staff can be recognized by their red titles as well.
4.2 Administrators, Game Master and Moderator powers
Wargaming staff, Moderators and Administration have the right to warn and suspend forum members in the case of forum rules violation. Any measures taken by the Wargaming staff and Moderators can be appealed, in accordance with the established procedure. Measures taken by administration are not subject to appeal. In some cases, which go beyond the forum rules, administrators can warn or suspend a particular forum member, even if their actions formally don’t fall under the current prohibitions and restrictions.
Warnings and official notifications are set off in red, this font color is reserved for use by staff only. Once a user's post has been moderated, users are not permitted to edit the notes placed within the post by the staff. Similarly, the impersonation of administration in any way, is not permitted.
5. CONTACT LIST
Customer Support (both forum and in-game): https://na.wargaming.net/support/
The administration reserves the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.
Repeatedly violating any area of these Rules or EULA, including the areas detailed above, will result in permanent suspension from the game and/or forums.This policy is not language-restrictive. Language that falls under this policy will always be subject to the repercussions listed, whether it is inappropriate in English or any other language.
The bottom line is that we want World of Warships to be a fun and safe environment for all players. World of Warships is a Massive Multi-player On-line Game with a mixture of genres, and the key words are “Massively Multi-player.” While playing this game and posting on its forums, you will encounter thousands of other players who share different experiences and come from vastly different backgrounds.
While certain language and images may not be offensive to you, consider the fact that that same language and images may have a completely different effect on someone else. We’ve done everything we can to make this a great game but now it’s up to you, the players, to breathe life into the world.