0.5.13 Downtime and Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

440951Tterribilis #61 Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:31 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostLance53, on 19 October 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

OK   HERE IS THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION:

WHAT IS THE COMMAND TO LAUNCH INDIVIDUAL TORPEDOES????

To swap ammo on Destroyers or Cruisers.....you hit 1 for incendiaries , 2 for armor piercing, and 3 for torpedoes.....if you want to spread out the torp angle,  just hit 3 again and that toggles between wide and narrow spread range.
When you fire, though..you're firing a bank of tubes, depending on the ship....to fire a single torpedo, you  have to be in a ship that actually HAS single torpedo tubes, like the Smith. .....ships like the Farragut  will always launch a salvo of torps.

Jystri #62 Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:04 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostAce_04, on 18 October 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

After what seems like forever, "the Navy is here!"

This will be a very interesting week on the high seas.

Just more cruisers for the valiant ships of the Kriegsmarine to destroy for the Fatherland

Death_Toll_Rizing #63 Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:49 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Which choices will free XP be located at?

The_Irredeemable #64 Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Having the Black Swan automatically added to my list of ships was a surprise but it took my last slot available.  Too bad that one did not get some gold as recompense in the containers  (hint, hint) ;)     Quick firing guns but slow boat.

Jenska #65 Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostThe_Irredeemable, on 19 October 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

Having the Black Swan automatically added to my list of ships was a surprise but it took my last slot available.  Too bad that one did not get some gold as recompense in the containers  (hint, hint) ;)     Quick firing guns but slow boat.

Should have come with its own slot.

Lance53 #66 Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostSwine_007, on 19 October 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

From what I have read it is a switch between narrow salvos and single torpedoes.  

edit:  and red typeface is normally reserved for moderators so you may want to change that 

You are correct.  You just hit 3 again to switch.  On the new British CL line, doing that toggles between firing a narrow pattern and a single torpedo.  

At least that is how it works at tier 3, which is where I am currently at.   I wonder if the higher Tier ships will be any different, and also offer a wide pattern too?

So far, the single torp firing has proved to be a quite effective tactic in the game.    I have initially fired one or two torps as I close with an enemy ship, and then wait to see how the ship turns to avoid them.  Once the enemy commits to a maneuver, and I close even closer, I then fire the remaining torps.   The enemy then has the choice of either staying in their current turn and being hit by the new torps, or turn back into the original torps.

Edited by Lance53, 20 October 2016 - 03:20 AM.

Lance53 #67 Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Post440951Tterribilis, on 19 October 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

To swap ammo on Destroyers or Cruisers.....you hit 1 for incendiaries , 2 for armor piercing, and 3 for torpedoes.....if you want to spread out the torp angle,  just hit 3 again and that toggles between wide and narrow spread range.
When you fire, though..you're firing a bank of tubes, depending on the ship....to fire a single torpedo, you  have to be in a ship that actually HAS single torpedo tubes, like the Smith. .....ships like the Farragut  will always launch a salvo of torps.

Sorry, I should have specified that I was specifically asking about the new single torpedo firing feature that was just added to the game in the UK Cruiser line that was introduced in this new patch.  Someone else in another forum had said to use the ALT key with 3, but that did nothing.  Swapping ammo works the same on the Battleships that I play too.  So I am familiar with all of those things that you mention.   I just wanted to confirm the proper command.

SergeantHop #68 Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:18 AM

Captain

• Members

View PostLance53, on 19 October 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

Sorry, I should have specified that I was specifically asking about the new single torpedo firing feature that was just added to the game in the UK Cruiser line that was introduced in this new patch.  Someone else in another forum had said to use the ALT key with 3, but that did nothing.  Swapping ammo works the same on the Battleships that I play too.  So I am familiar with all of those things that you mention.   I just wanted to confirm the proper command.

It's just like going from narrow to wide spread on any other ship. Except, with the British cruisers, you go from narrow spread to single launch, and the bar that is normally green/yellow to indicate loading will indicate how many torps are in a launcher. To reload a launcher, you must launch all of the torps for that launcher, either by ripple firing or by swapping back to full spread.

Edited by SergeantHop, 20 October 2016 - 03:18 AM.

#1 in the world for max base XP in Tirpitz

Check out my premium camo thread here!

Mechanicum #69 Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:09 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Is there a way we can get a list of the POSSIBLE rewards from containers?  I'd be curious to know what's available for each container type.
Where are all these BB drivers that keep sailing in straight lines?  And why can I never seem to find them when I'm in a DD?

Lance53 #70 Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostHarv72b, on 19 October 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

Yes, and no.  Since they only carry AP ammo, they're not often going to do a tremendous amount of damage per volley; I was watching one YouTuber using the Minotaur, and saw a destroyer (a Fubuki if memory serves) bounce multiple shots from medium range.  So fellow DD drivers, we're going to have to learn how to angle. :D

Also, because the British cruisers are relatively lightly armored, I would think they'd be relatively easy to penetrate with most destroyers' AP shots.  Plus the point made before, that these ships will get deleted if a battleship or heavy cruiser ever gets a broadside shot at them.

What will be an issue is their extremely good (for a cruiser) concealment ratings, combined with smoke/radar.  These ships could be outstanding cappers in Domination matches.  Plus the ability to ripple fire their torpedoes could create for some interesting knife-fighting sessions with opposing destroyers.

Well, I thought that you were wrong about this, but indeed, after playing the ships through to Tier 4, I sadly discovered that you are indeed correct.

Without HE, the guns on these cruisers are about worthless.   I just played a game in the Tier 4 boat, and scored 40 hits on various types of ships before I was sunk.

But guess how much damage I did with those 40 shells?  Only 7,880 HP   That is totally pathetic.

I think that the lack of HE is going to be too much of a nerf.  All of the other good things that the new British cruisers have are not going to be enough to make up for it being unavailable..

So much for all the hype about this new Cruiser line.

Mechanicum #71 Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:11 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View PostLance53, on 20 October 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

Without HE, the guns on these cruisers are about worthless.   I just played a game in the Tier 4 boat, and scored 40 hits on various types of ships before I was sunk..

Been seeing a lot of hate on the RN cruisers about this.  The reality is that the RN AP has a higher normalization value against angled armor, which means you are more likely to score pens. Combine that with their massive rates of fire, and it is possible to do large amounts of damage.

Here's the thing though: you have to know where to aim!

You are never going to penetrate a battleship's belt.  Sorry, isn't going to happen.
You CAN however penetrate the bow, stern, and superstructure fairly easily, even when the BB is angled.  Jingles demonstrated it already with his Minotaur video.
Also, take into account the plunging fire at long range, and you're doing pretty well.

TL/DR version: RN Cruisers require a certain amount of skill to play.  If you're an HE spammer who can't hit the broadside of a barn, this line is NOT for you.

Where are all these BB drivers that keep sailing in straight lines?  And why can I never seem to find them when I'm in a DD?

Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper #72 Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostMechanicum, on 21 October 2016 - 04:11 AM, said:

Been seeing a lot of hate on the RN cruisers about this.  The reality is that the RN AP has a higher normalization value against angled armor, which means you are more likely to score pens. Combine that with their massive rates of fire, and it is possible to do large amounts of damage.

Here's the thing though: you have to know where to aim!

TL/DR version: RN Cruisers require a certain amount of skill to play.  If you're an HE spammer who can't hit the broadside of a barn, this line is NOT for you.

This is so true. I have gotten truckloads of citadel hits with these cruisers in each battle I play.

"I had to find myself another flagship because I could no longer exercise command from one which was shot to pieces."

Ships in Port:

German Tech Tree Suggestion     Enable Training Rooms Manually

Firedawg9117 #73 Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:59 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

So when is the Belfast coming out. I am in a hurry to spend my money!

Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper #74 Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:00 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Now I have a whole stash of Damage Control Party II Consumables that I don't really want to use because I am that kind of person who stashes everything up and does not really use it. I am waiting for some Repair Party II consumables to fall into my lap for my BBs to use.

"I had to find myself another flagship because I could no longer exercise command from one which was shot to pieces."

Ships in Port:

German Tech Tree Suggestion     Enable Training Rooms Manually

Mechanicum #75 Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:40 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View PostAdmiral_Franz_von_Hipper, on 21 October 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:

Now I have a whole stash of Damage Control Party II Consumables that I don't really want to use because I am that kind of person who stashes everything up and does not really use it. I am waiting for some Repair Party II consumables to fall into my lap for my BBs to use.

Yeah, I have about 300 of those as well...  But hey, may as well throw them around!

_Lord_Scott_ #76 Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Post440951Tterribilis, on 19 October 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

to fire single torpedoes use the spread press once for wide spread twice for single shot

_Lord_Scott_ #77 Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:38 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

The new Cruisers for the RN are not playable as a cruiser they have a totally different play style. Play the strengths of the ship, control and rapid fire. The Torpedoes spread of one is better % of hits, but the distance puts you in peril.... No Speakable  Armor..... Smoke helps but don't last as long as a DD. The turrets swing very fast and once you lock on a DD you can Kiss it goodbye. This Ship was Designed as a Very effective DD Hunter. Once the DD's are Gone your pretty much Dead meat.... No real way to Fight BB's or CV's... AA is minimal ... mediocre fights against other CA's but Winnable. The balance of this cruiser line is flawed and therefore destined to back of the fleet. No HE equals No full contact fleet ship. If this ship line is to succeed HE and Armor Buffs will be Needed.

Avitar73 #78 Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:54 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostAvitar73, on 19 October 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

We need a feedback string for update 0.5.13 perhaps there is one and I didn't see it. As for the Brit CL's... I have only played the Weymouth admittedly however, regarding that ship its ability or lack there of to effect BB's is absolutely ridiculous. In my opinion given the lack of smoke at T2 WG needs to give it HE shells. Without it the ship is pretty much no contest whatsoever for a BB. This is not balanced. I look forward to the official feedback string.  

Ahoy Fleet, so when I wrote this I was admittedly very frustrated. After a bit more extensive play in the UK CL's I am happy to report a few new things. First, I still do not play the Weymouth... LOL. Second, the UK light cruisers are actually now one of my favorites! Third, the Fiji is one tight little BA knife fighter. Good job WG! Proof that everyone should try things out more thoroughly! LOL 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users