• WoWS Wiki Editor

View PostLord_Zath, on 12 October 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

Soundtrack to Killjoy's post.

[snip]

More like:

Chobittsu #42 Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:59 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

Zath, Killjoy, I'm afraid you've both earned 4 minute penalties each for smashing this poor guy into the boards and shattering all his teeth

CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017

jlo411 #43 Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:15 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 12 October 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

*Disappears for two weeks*

*Starts Reading the Pigeon's Nest*

*Finds this Thread*

y?

O6OsSHM.gif

Garbage stats plz don't look

Roadrider7021 #44 Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I like Ranked battles, I love this game and have spent a s_ load of money on it. Color me a very satisfied customer. Sure, feelings get heated in ranked, and Holy Crap, may we all be delivered from the god awful whining that happens in Ranked (and Standard) play. But you can ignore the negativity, and you gotta be a little tough, tough to accept the ups and downs "probability rolls" in a team battle game, and tough enough to accept some heat from your team mates when you're a butt head, and sometimes when you're not. So toughen up OP. Now, any post I make after this will be purely sarcastic and fun because I want to have a good time with this thread too, you popcorn posters shouldn't be the only ones... please please please don't nuke this thread too soon...

kerensky914 #45 Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:58 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Supertester

View PostBelthorian, on 09 October 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

I have a very long career in sales and marketing so I do understand customer based economics.

#1 Ranked battles. Why on earth would you stage a event and set it up so that literally EVERYONE HATES it. In ANY online multiplayer game the absolute worst experience possible is to play in pick up groups. This is common knowledge and has been known for 20 YEARS. Whomever decided to create a event and link a lot of good loot with it but make it a pick up experience only......SHOULD BE FIRED!

#2 Not having team play or clan support at LAUNCH. This game is over a year old and sill no team play or clan support. Yes there is divisions but a three ship division is pathetically small and if your team had two or three really bad players than there is not much you can do. Whomever decided to launch without team battles and clan support integrated into the game.......SHOULD BE FIRED!

Don't get me wrong I like the game and play it all the time. However I realize that it could be and SHOULD be SO MUCH BETTER. One of the reasons why there is so much churn in this game is that having a multiplayer game that is predominately a pick up game experience IS NOT A FUN EXPERIENCE. Whomever made the decision to focus on releasing more ship lines, maps, missions instead of completing team play and clan support SHOULD BE FIRED!

You have a good product that could be better but your sales and marketing people SUCK! If you want this game to be successful you need to make changes.

I only play pickup games, and I avoid clans like the elitist plague they are.  Your opinion is bad, and you should be fired.

"it is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth, who was obviously talking about the forums...

"Doctors can always bury their mistakes.  Architects can only advise their client to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

kerensky914 #46 Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:00 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Supertester

View PostChobittsu, on 12 October 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

Zath, Killjoy, I'm afraid you've both earned 4 minute penalties each for smashing this poor guy into the boards and shattering all his teeth

Wow, Cho, my opinion of you has increased 500%  - always love a hockey reference.  :)

"it is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth, who was obviously talking about the forums...

"Doctors can always bury their mistakes.  Architects can only advise their client to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

AVR_Project #47 Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:04 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Team battles were a hoot.

The bunch of us were basically clowning around, having fun..  even winning a few missions on occasion.

We'd hire Mercs who thought we were the absolute WORST team..  so ??  Of course, they went their own way after a couple battles.

When the wait times got so long and folks were getting restless....  I'd say over teamspeak, "Matchmaker is trying to find a team we can beat...  Give it some time..  We can wait.."

As for clans:  I think they would be specifically NOT fun for the vast majority of players who have a job, family, and a life.

It's another - do this or you are off the clan - type of bullying.  I heard something similar in various Teams where they would vote someone out after each loss.

In the real world, if there are lives and property in the balance, I'd say, Select the best and only let them fight the battles.  It was something similar to 'Classification' that they did in WW2.

But we're trying to balance retired folks, disabled veterans, working stiffs who only have a couple hours a day to play, and kids who never grew up.  It's not a good mix.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

TurboT #48 Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:07 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostChobittsu, on 13 October 2016 - 02:59 AM, said:

A Double Minor (4 minutes) is only handed out rarely, usually on condition of an inadvertent, non-intentional stick to face drawing blood type idea.

You were looking to give them 5 minute majors and potential game misconducts for severe injury delivered. 

Also, this referee is either signalling a goal by pointing at the net, or pointing to the face off dot to let the players know which circle will be used to resume play..  A picture of his arm in the air, straight up, would be more fitting for calling a penalty.

If you need more hockey education, please feel free to ask. 

....I for one thought the OP's topic was pretty much on point, other than maybe, just maybe, be a little over the top with the Donald Trump, "you're fired!" stuff.

Edited by TurboT, 13 October 2016 - 05:08 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/turbotboss

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Turbotush #49 Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:54 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Would this be a good time to talk about subs in the game?   :trollface:

Judge_Doom #50 Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:43 AM

Ensign

• Members

It should be noted that Clan Wars are not for everyone and for those that have never participated in them yet they keep harping about it and want it so bad, they have no idea of the willingness that you must have to forget that you ever had a life outside of it because it takes that kind of commitment.  Young Padawans need to listen to those of us that have CW experience, do not wish for something so hard that you may regret getting so fast.

'the weak are meat, the strong do eat'....Cloud Atlas

Should be the Seal Clubbers anthem/fight song

Yamato_kai_BBY_01 #51 Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 12 October 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

*Disappears for two weeks*

*Starts Reading the Pigeon's Nest*

*Finds this Thread*

:great:

xNNK24Z.png | Fzp0nda.gif

Yamato-kai, my eternal heroine for life.

TonkinGulf_CG11 #52 Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:07 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostBelthorian, on 09 October 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

I have a very long career in sales and marketing so I do understand customer based economics.

#1 Ranked battles. Why on earth would you stage a event and set it up so that literally EVERYONE HATES it. In ANY online multiplayer game the absolute worst experience possible is to play in pick up groups. This is common knowledge and has been known for 20 YEARS. Whomever decided to create a event and link a lot of good loot with it but make it a pick up experience only......SHOULD BE FIRED!

#2 Not having team play or clan support at LAUNCH. This game is over a year old and sill no team play or clan support. Yes there is divisions but a three ship division is pathetically small and if your team had two or three really bad players than there is not much you can do. Whomever decided to launch without team battles and clan support integrated into the game.......SHOULD BE FIRED!

Don't get me wrong I like the game and play it all the time. However I realize that it could be and SHOULD be SO MUCH BETTER. One of the reasons why there is so much churn in this game is that having a multiplayer game that is predominately a pick up game experience IS NOT A FUN EXPERIENCE. Whomever made the decision to focus on releasing more ship lines, maps, missions instead of completing team play and clan support SHOULD BE FIRED!

You have a good product that could be better but your sales and marketing people SUCK! If you want this game to be successful you need to make changes

No clans EVER!

Clans killed Airplanes and is now killing Tanks.

So much for your "marketing skills!"

AJ

FTMC (USN) Retired

PlaneCrazy #53 Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:32 PM

• Banned

View PostTonkinGulf_CG11, on 13 October 2016 - 08:07 AM, said:

No clans EVER!

Clans killed Airplanes and is now killing Tanks.

So much for your "marketing skills!"

This has to be the most stupid statement I have ever read on this forum.

And this forum is known for stupid.

DOCTOR_CITADEL #54 Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postpmgaudio, on 09 October 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

2 for 2 so far

LOL

OverPowered Gaming Fleet Admiral / [OPG] Admiral 

For OverPowered Gaming Recruitment & Information (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Clan Entrance Requirements (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Teamspeak Address: 158.69.112.116: 10026             

dechion #55 Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Clans and clan wars type activities would be a good thing. Not something I would personally be involved in but a good thing.

Well, I'd likely join a clan but that's more for the social aspect of things. Easier to meet people in game to division with.

My biggest gripe is the way sales are handled with the premium shop. That's mostly just me being impatient.

I was a Tin Can sailor, like my father before me.

HMCS_Devilfish #56 Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:03 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

RANKED WAS JUST F..ING STUPID...at 15 a lot of game in cruisers were outnumbered by BBs... many games was the only Cruiser... I like to contribute in my Cruiser in ranked not have to bring a BB to war or rely upon Vegas style MM
I Quite!!

Sampsonite #57 Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

Ok, I'll bite.... If you don't like many parts of this game, don't play those parts. Your statement implies you have many people on your side, but according to the replies here, many do not agree with you. Your opinion is very welcomed but the overly critical tone doesn't appear to win any points. 

Edited by Sampsonite, 13 October 2016 - 01:19 PM.

"Out gun anything you can't outrun and outrun anything you can't outgun..."

Nachoo31 #58 Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:19 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostBelthorian, on 09 October 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

You have a good product that could be better but your sales and marketing people SUCK! If you want this game to be successful you need to make changes.

6 upvotes?

Seeing hes a big BB player.  You can understand why he is frustrated with Ranked.

Those that hate Rank.  Don't sit there all day playing it.  I'm not a big fan of it but I have enjoyed it a little more this year.  Probably because its tier 8 and not 7.

Edited by Nachoo31, 13 October 2016 - 01:24 PM.

Looking for Clan?  TheKriegsmarines [KMS]  

Have you clicked on the picture in my profile?  Enjoy!

http://na.warshipsto...836912/dark.png

TTK_Aegis #59 Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:00 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostNachoo31, on 13 October 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

6 upvotes?

Seeing hes a big BB player.  You can understand why he is frustrated with Ranked.

Those that hate Rank.  Don't sit there all day playing it.  I'm not a big fan of it but I have enjoyed it a little more this year.  Probably because its tier 8 and not 7.

Pretty much my take on it. I don't especially enjoy ranked, so I'm just not taking part. I'd like a Flint, but there's practically no chance I have enough free time to get to Rank 1 once let alone multiple times. So, with the only reason I'd play out of reach due to time constraints, there's no point in it for me. I'd rather play random where the games are longer and there are more ships on the sea.

Rissien #60 Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

• Beta Testers

View PostBelthorian, on 09 October 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

If you make terrible decisions that effect how profitable the game is than yes, you should be fired.

And yet the game is clearly making a profit. Your arguments arent even about profitability of the game but over things you think it should need. Ranked battles have been going on for some time, they are/will be refining it as things go on, Clan wars will simply take some time. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users