“Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

:child:

Crucis #22 Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:39 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostCG59, on 09 October 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

Let me guess.... Tried to play ranked, had crap teams and got salty. 

Ps. think wrong effect vs affect. 

Correct.  "Affect" is usually a verb.  "Effect" is usually a noun.  The way that Belthorian used "effect" in post #16 is incorrect, and should have been "affect".

X15 #23 Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

#1 Did you not see the seal-clubbing disaster that team battles was, with the top teams having a sudden spike to 80-90% win rates and que times exceeding an hour?

And have you actually tried to collect a group of 7 players who where all capable of smoke and radar tactics, not to mention most above a 60% win rate. Who where all willing to be on team speak at the same time for the 20 or so hours you'd need to rank up? And could you face down pure unicum teams with weeks of practice at beating your face into the dirt with the highest level off efficiency.

#2 I personally prefer to have WoWs now rather than later, if you don't mind.

Crucis #24 Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:48 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostBelthorian, on 09 October 2016 - 06:00 PM, said:

I have a very long career in sales and marketing so I do understand customer based economics.

#1 Ranked battles. Why on earth would you stage a event and set it up so that literally EVERYONE HATES it. In ANY online multiplayer game the absolute worst experience possible is to play in pick up groups. This is common knowledge and has been known for 20 YEARS. Whomever decided to create a event and link a lot of good loot with it but make it a pick up experience only......SHOULD BE FIRED!

#2 Not having team play or clan support at LAUNCH. This game is over a year old and sill no team play or clan support. Yes there is divisions but a three ship division is pathetically small and if your team had two or three really bad players than there is not much you can do. Whomever decided to launch without team battles and clan support integrated into the game.......SHOULD BE FIRED!

Don't get me wrong I like the game and play it all the time. However I realize that it could be and SHOULD be SO MUCH BETTER. One of the reasons why there is so much churn in this game is that having a multiplayer game that is predominately a pick up game experience IS NOT A FUN EXPERIENCE. Whomever made the decision to focus on releasing more ship lines, maps, missions instead of completing team play and clan support SHOULD BE FIRED!

You have a good product that could be better but your sales and marketing people SUCK! If you want this game to be successful you need to make changes.

1. I can sympathize about Ranked Battles becoming rather unpopular due to the great number of crap teams.  It is getting increasingly unfun to play.  That said, Ranked Battles is about INDIVIDUAL performance, not TEAM performance on the macro level (i.e. not in any individual battle).

2. Disagree, sort of.  It doesn't bother me that there's no clan wars yet.  And 3 ship divisions are NOT "pathetically small".  Any larger and they'd have too great an impact on the outcome of any PvP battle.  An argument can be made for allowing somewhat larger divisions for co-op, since you're only playing against bots.

As for team battles, I don't see why they can't have team battles be more like tank companies are (were?) in WoT, where there was no ranking or seasons.  They were just an ongoing mode that you could play whenever you got a team together.  Also, I wish that team battles were allowed at different tiers.  Having them be at only a single tier is rather boring.

3.  I profoundly disagree on the statement regarding the releasing of more ship lines, maps, and missions vs competing team play and clan support.  I am VASTLY more interested in the former rather than the latter.  I want more nations' navies included, more ship lines, more maps, more modes!!!  The game gets stale quickly without more of these things.

And I strongly disagree with your assertion the WoWS' sales and marketing people "suck".  I think that they have a pretty good idea of what the pulse of the player community is.

Crucis #25 Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:54 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostX15, on 09 October 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

#1 Did you not see the seal-clubbing disaster that team battles was, with the top teams having a sudden spike to 80-90% win rates and que times exceeding an hour?

And have you actually tried to collect a group of 7 players who where all capable of smoke and radar tactics, not to mention most above a 60% win rate. Who where all willing to be on team speak at the same time for the 20 or so hours you'd need to rank up? And could you face down pure unicum teams with weeks of practice at beating your face into the dirt with the highest level off efficiency.

Honestly, this is why I have little interest in clan wars in this game.  It gets tiring seeing the elite players all banding together and seal clubbing all the non-elite player clans into the dirt (or sea water, as it were).    It's like throwing NFL, college, high school, and kiddie league football players all into the same league and letting the NFL all-stars seal club anyone who comes along, and have to put up with all their snotty elitist (bovine fecal matter) nonsense along the way.  No thanks.  Playing this game is supposed to be fun.

At least, in PVP battles, it's all random and you can end up with good and bad players randomly on every team.

Moonrider #26 Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I have a very long career in sales and marketing so I do understand customer based economics.

You have a good product that could be better but your sales and marketing people SUCK! If you want this game to be successful you need to make changes.

. . . and little to no understanding of programming, obviously. These things take time to develop and implement. The main problem with ranked is the whining of poor players. As far as clan wars goes, they're attempting to avoid the mistakes of WoT, where clan wars was abused and manipulated by a few large clans to the detriment of almost everyone else.

Edited by Moonrider, 11 October 2016 - 12:03 AM.

Boats and ships are female because they are beautiful, lovable, expensive—and unpredictable.

Njourour #27 Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

Please remember to be polite to one another, even if you do not agree with one another.

:honoring::honoring::honoring:

Edited by Njourour, 10 October 2016 - 04:11 PM.

APuMelw.gifphoto-1000052311-54a07d43.gif?_r=1419803

Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories .

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, 

Signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed .

Sir_Davos_Seaworth #28 Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostNjourour, on 10 October 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

Please remember to be polite to one another, even if you do not agree with one another.

:honoring::honoring::honoring:

What is this?!?! Next thing you know they will try and run a Presidential debate that way! Better to sling mud at strangers on the interwebs....  :P (we need a sarcasm smile)

The Onion Knight demands trial by World of Warships

Fleet in Being at Put-In-Bay Ohio: Brig, Niagara. Ironclad, Michigan (latter Wolverine)

Pigeon_of_War #29 Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:56 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

*Disappears for two weeks*

*Starts Reading the Pigeon's Nest*

*Finds this Thread*

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Chobittsu #30 Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:21 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

Am I late to the party? I want in on the whining too! Umm...Pigeon is a poopy-head for making us wait all year for the ARP ships!  Am I doing this right?

CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017

Xannari #31 Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:29 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostChobittsu, on 12 October 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

Am I late to the party? I want in on the whining too! Umm...Pigeon is a poopy-head for making us wait all year for the ARP ships!  Am I doing this right?

You'll get there. Takes a bit more practice. Try this:

uKCQnX5.png

It may take a second to realize

Edited by Xannari, 13 October 2016 - 12:29 AM.

Here, you can find the rationally expected ranges of damage a type of ship across a tier range is capable of, as well as what to expect from me in game. As I calculate them, of course, because these take a really long time

My expected results per match     Damage ranges of tier X battleships

Captain_Dorja #32 Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:30 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

#1 Ranked battles. Why on earth would you stage a event and set it up so that literally EVERYONE HATES it. In ANY online multiplayer game the absolute worst experience possible is to play in pick up groups. This is common knowledge and has been known for 20 YEARS. Whomever decided to create a event and link a lot of good loot with it but make it a pick up experience only......SHOULD BE FIRED!

#2 Not having team play or clan support at LAUNCH. This game is over a year old and sill no team play or clan support. Yes there is divisions but a three ship division is pathetically small and if your team had two or three really bad players than there is not much you can do. Whomever decided to launch without team battles and clan support integrated into the game.......SHOULD BE FIRED!

Don't get me wrong I like the game and play it all the time. However I realize that it could be and SHOULD be SO MUCH BETTER. One of the reasons why there is so much churn in this game is that having a multiplayer game that is predominately a pick up game experience IS NOT A FUN EXPERIENCE. Whomever made the decision to focus on releasing more ship lines, maps, missions instead of completing team play and clan support SHOULD BE FIRED!

If you aren't careful, you'll break the c0ck-o-meter.

Edited by Captain_Dorja, 13 October 2016 - 12:31 AM.

USN: All BBs, CAs, DDs. Lexington, Missouri, Alabama, Saipan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Arizona, Texas, Albany, Lo Yang

IJN:  Hiryu, Hatsuharu, Yugumo, Mogami, Amagi, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Fubuki, Akatsuki, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Nagato, ARP Takao, Atago
Germany: Bayern, Hipper, Emden, Nurnberg, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz

Russia: Shchors, Kiev, Imperator Nikolai, Gremyashchy, Anshan, Molotov, Leningrad, Mikhail Kutuzov

Britain and Allies: Leander, Campbeltown, Perth, Warspite, Dunkerque, Blyskawica, Belfast

The_Big_Red_1 #33 Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:31 AM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

i have been very astute and observant with WG's methods for balance and suffice to say i am very frustrated and disappointed with their incompetence and indifference

Chobittsu #34 Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:36 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostXannari, on 12 October 2016 - 07:29 PM, said:

You'll get there. Takes a bit more practice. Try this:

uKCQnX5.png

It may take a second to realize

I see the mods stepped in on that  ;P  I'll just assume it was something side-splitingly hilarious.

I do agree that somewhere in Wargaming.net's staff, there are underperforming or otherwise terrible people bogging the rest down. However, they aren't in the event organisers or the devs in charge of plotting the overall course of the game. The OP of this thread just sounds like yet another player not getting exactly what he wants, figures the game should be made his way, disregard all other users that might have a differing opinion than he has, and just beats on the brick wall of the company until his fists bleed then complains at the staff over it.

CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017

Eric_Von_Hess #35 Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostSCRAPY_DOO01, on 09 October 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

you sound like a cry baby to me get over it and for that little rant you made you should loose your beta tester title.

​Are you for real with that remark ? You must be some kind of clown !! that man spoke the truth !!

Xannari #36 Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:38 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostSir_Davos_Seaworth, on 10 October 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

(we need a sarcasm smile)

Generating

loading.gif

Edited by Xannari, 13 October 2016 - 01:38 AM.

Here, you can find the rationally expected ranges of damage a type of ship across a tier range is capable of, as well as what to expect from me in game. As I calculate them, of course, because these take a really long time

My expected results per match     Damage ranges of tier X battleships

El_Swamp_Rat #37 Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:54 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

You don't have to play ranked; I chose not to play this season and am not missing anything.

I've never played on a team or in a clan and don't know anyone that does. No reason why you can't play solo.

The game is fine; I like new ships, ship trees, the maps, etc...

manavdharma #38 Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:12 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostSCRAPY_DOO01, on 09 October 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

you sound like a cry baby to me get over it and for that little rant you made you should loose your beta tester title.

Someone is butthurt. 

FOG Recruitment Officer

Fog_Carrier_Enterprise is meh name

Killjoy1941 #39 Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:25 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor

Must... resist... [critical save fail]

View PostBelthorian, on 09 October 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

Proof required or claim invalid.

Logical fallacy - speaking for the group. Everyone does not hate it. I like it. I disliked the implementation of Season 4 alone. I am not the only one who likes Ranked, and a simple forum search can prove it.

Hystrionics, hyperbole, and unfounded assumptions do not an argument make.

Precisely how many multiplayer games have competitive team play or clan play at launch? 50%? Maybe 20%? I don't know, but I do know it's not 100%. You clearly don't either, and competitive play isn't required for a multiplayer game to be successful.

Failure to provide evidence. Failure to connect evidence to argument.

Says... you? I would like new features. The features I would like do not necessarily match the feature set player X would like, nor the set player Y would like.

What I want is different from what you want, and WG is clearly trying to provide the best content balance they can. They are trying to please the group, not the individual. You are not god. You do not get to dictate who gets what and when.

11/10 argument fail, would read again for laughs. Keep beating yourself with that Stick of Righteousness; I'm sure once you've caved your skull you'll gain a measure of enlightenment.

Lord_Zath #40 Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:39 AM

Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

Soundtrack to Killjoy's post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users