Frist Italian Premium: BB Roma idea

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

Lord_Magus #41 Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:44 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostPhoenix_jz, on 26 September 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

Roma would be lovely...
But personally, I third the vote for Vittorio Veneto.

She had quite the operational history... And the class will be glorious fun.
Good armor, good speed, beautiful lines, decent AA, and the most powerful 15in battery ever mounted, 3x3 15in guns in turrets that turn fast enough to make some cruisers jealous... And incredible range on this guns. They'll be quite accurate too, since WG doesn't take into account shell qualtiy.

Something has to be balanced against those guns being great in every other respect, so it seems like wider dispersion would be the obvious choice.

Phoenix_jz #42 Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:57 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Well, I think raw damage output would be the balance.
Both Amagi and North Carolina are lobbing 10 or 9 16in shells, which do 12600 or 13100 more damage than Littorio's 15in guns, respectively.
That's anything from 500 to 1000 damage over the 15in guns, and both have a 30 second reload.
The only other ship with 15in guns currently is Bismarck, who has only 8, but has a 26 second reload.

Just give the Italian 15in guns the same 30 second reload as the 16in gun armed ships, and that should do the trick.

My "Directory of Threads" <-- Various threads I've done you might find interesting, feel free to check it out!

​Most recent addition: USN Cruiser Split

TheHunter2_EAD #43 Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:35 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

If Vittorio Veneto or Roma get into they will be the first Italian for WG. That IF they come.

I like to see one Italian ship on the game that's Italian Heavy cruiser: Pola:

Pola was a Zara-class heavy cruiser of the Italian Regia Marina (Royal Navy). She was built in the Odero-Terni-Orlando shipyard in Livorno in the early 1930s and entered service in 1932. She was the third of four ships in the class, which also included Zara, Fiume, and Gorizia. Pola was built as a flagship with a larger conning tower to accommodate an admiral's staff. Like her sisters, she was armed with a battery of eight 203-millimeter (8.0 in) guns and was capable of a top speed of 32 knots (59 km/h; 37 mph).

Pola initially served as the flagship of the 2nd Squadron, and in 1940 she led the squadron during the battles of Calabria and Cape Spartivento, in July and November, respectively. During the latter engagement she briefly battled the British cruiser HMS Berwick. Pola was thereafter reassigned to the 3rd Division, along with her three sister ships. The ship took part in the Battle of Cape Matapan in late March 1941. During the battle, she was disabled by a British airstrike. Later, in a fierce night engagement in the early hours of 29 March, Pola, Zara, Fiume, and two destroyers were sunk by the British Mediterranean Fleet with heavy loss of life.

I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.

SparvieroVV #44 Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:51 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

Pola would probably be the premium I would want as well. I'm kind of hopeful the last hull upgrade,  B or C hull(?), for the T8 cruiser will follow the looks of Bolzano. I fear the Italian cruisers will be the Pensacolas of tier 8 due to the secondary mast. :ohmy: It will be interesting to see if WG uses the horn style EC3 radar or planned mattress style radar system for theorized late war refits.

As it regards the 381/50 mod 34 I imagine a non-linear accuracy cone will be provided. We kind of see this on the Dunkerque now with it being quite good under 14km and ehhh after this range. The Italian model I hope to have good accuracy up to 19km as originally designed. Richelieu will be right with or just behind the lethality of the Italian rifles. The Russians I imagine might somehow sneak in the 406/50 B37 and make this all moot. :popcorn: 

Lord_Magus #45 Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Would Pola get an alcohol consumable?:teethhappy:

Phoenix_jz #46 Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:42 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Personally, I'd rather see Gorizia (not surprising, given my signature lol). She had an interesting career, and saw pretty much every major battle fought in the theatre, except for the sone where her sisters were sunk. She's not as unique looking as Pola, but she had some unique features. Also, due to her surviving longer, she did have a bit, just a bit, better AA, and there were plans to swap out her 13.2mm mountings for 20mm mounts, which I'm fairly certain would've been single mounts. Also, for another uniqueness to her appearance (as these would likely have no in-game use), she had the 120mm/15 guns for launching starshells removed(her sisters went down with theirs still mounted). These were replaced by 37mm mounts.

So, while all the Zara's were sunk with this AA layout:

6x2 100mm/47

4x2 37mm/54

4x2 13.2mm/76

Gorizia had:

6x2 100mm/47

6x2 37mm/54

4x2 13.2mm/76 <-- Planned to be swapped out for 4x1 20mm/65. not realized because of the armistice.

I know it's not much of a difference, and seeing as Prinz Eugen has established that ships don't need to have any differences in stats to be sold as premiums, but still, it would be nice to get something extra for spending real money on the ship.

Career-wise, as I mentioned, she fought in pretty much every action except for the battle where her sisters were lost. She also proved to the only surviving Italian heavy cruiser that could consistently torpedobeat, avoiding many different torpedo attacks, something Bolzano and the Trento sisters couldn't boast. 

My "Directory of Threads" <-- Various threads I've done you might find interesting, feel free to check it out!

Lord_Magus #47 Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:53 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Bolzano seems like an obvious choice for a premium Italian cruiser, since there's really not any place for her in the tech tree. She wouldn't be another Prinz Eugen situation because while very similar to Trento she wouldn't be an outright clone, and she's pretty enough to merit inclusion in some form.

Phoenix_jz #48 Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:24 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostLord_Magus, on 10 October 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

Bolzano seems like an obvious choice for a premium Italian cruiser, since there's really not any place for her in the tech tree. She wouldn't be another Prinz Eugen situation because while very similar to Trento she wouldn't be an outright clone, and she's pretty enough to merit inclusion in some form.

I agree, as a tier 7, imo.

I actually made a thread about it a while ago that I'm currently redoing, as the old one is heavily out-of-date

SparvieroVV #49 Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:36 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

Bolzano should be at least the intermediary hull for the T7 cruiser. As it had the more modern FCS and rifle upgrade. If there should be a third hull with theorized late war AA outfit I will be happy. I will gladly pick up Bolzano as a tier 7 premium. Eugen has been a good premium for me. *shrug*

TheHunter2_EAD #50 Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:27 PM

• Beta Testers

View PostLord_Magus, on 10 October 2016 - 06:53 PM, said:

^

View PostPhoenix_jz, on 10 October 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

I agree, as a tier 7, imo.

I actually made a thread about it a while ago that I'm currently redoing, as the old one is heavily out-of-date

^ I agree on both

View PostSparvieroVV, on 10 October 2016 - 07:36 PM, said:

Bolzano should be at least the intermediary hull for the T7 cruiser. As it had the more modern FCS and rifle upgrade. If there should be a third hull with theorized late war AA outfit I will be happy. I will gladly pick up Bolzano as a tier 7 premium. Eugen has been a good premium for me. *shrug*

^ I'm the same. It will be nice to Bolzano, Pola, & Vittorio Veneto or Roma on the game.  :hmm:​ Let's see if they come out this year or next year.

I run all CV Tiers:

Phoenix_jz #51 Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:37 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Given the rate at which we've been seeing premiums from various nations(haven't even gotten a British cruiser line yet, already have French, Polish, Pan-Asian, even commonwealth premiums), I'd actually be surprised not to see something Italian at some point in 2017.

The only really pattern I can see is that, for nations that will have lines, battleships tend to be the premium they get first. Tirpitz for Germany, Warspite for Britain, and Dunkerque for France. Russia is the exception, getting a DD, but they also got a DD line before anything else, so it sorta makes sense. Given all that, I'd assume we'd get a BB first.

As for what battleship, that's anyone's guess. Dunkerque and Warspite are both tier VI, but Italy doesn't really have anything to offer as a premium there, since premiums tend to be ships that were completed and did something of note(most of the time), the exceptions being Ishizuchi, Imperator Nikolai I, and Leningrad.

Given the fact we've gotten Tirptiz for Germany, getting either Vittorio Veneto or Roma would make a lot of sense. 

Dante Alighieri is a strong candidate for tier IV, imo, sort of like the Nikolai, but not OP. She's also got quite a lot of history behind her, despite not seeing much action, she was Italy's first dreadnought, and the first battleship to be armed with triple turrets.

TheHunter2_EAD #52 Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

• Beta Testers

View PostPhoenix_jz, on 12 October 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

Given the rate at which we've been seeing premiums from various nations(haven't even gotten a British cruiser line yet, already have French, Polish, Pan-Asian, even commonwealth premiums), I'd actually be surprised not to see something Italian at some point in 2017.

The only really pattern I can see is that, for nations that will have lines, battleships tend to be the premium they get first. Tirpitz for Germany, Warspite for Britain, and Dunkerque for France. Russia is the exception, getting a DD, but they also got a DD line before anything else, so it sorta makes sense. Given all that, I'd assume we'd get a BB first.

As for what battleship, that's anyone's guess. Dunkerque and Warspite are both tier VI, but Italy doesn't really have anything to offer as a premium there, since premiums tend to be ships that were completed and did something of note(most of the time), the exceptions being Ishizuchi, Imperator Nikolai I, and Leningrad.

Given the fact we've gotten Tirptiz for Germany, getting either Vittorio Veneto or Roma would make a lot of sense. 

Dante Alighieri is a strong candidate for tier IV, imo, sort of like the Nikolai, but not OP. She's also got quite a lot of history behind her, despite not seeing much action, she was Italy's first dreadnought, and the first battleship to be armed with triple turrets.

^ I strongly agree with u on everything said. And this is my option British Cruiser might come between now or end of the year.  And this go well this could be a positive for next year.

Edited by TheHunter2_EAD, 17 October 2016 - 08:47 PM.

I run all CV Tiers:

TheHunter2_EAD #53 Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:47 PM

• Beta Testers

Can we continue plz on the debate on this subject?

I run all CV Tiers:

SparvieroVV #54 Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:52 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostTheHunter2_EAD, on 17 October 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

Can we continue plz on the debate on this subject?

Debate what? Everyone has given their opinion and no one is changing.

TheHunter2_EAD #55 Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:36 AM

• Beta Testers

View PostSparvieroVV, on 17 October 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

Debate what? Everyone has given their opinion and no one is changing.

​Sry wrong choice of words. I mean talk more about subject.
I run all CV Tiers:

Lord_Magus #56 Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:52 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostPhoenix_jz, on 12 October 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

For my bank account's sake I hope it's Dante Alighieri. Ishizuchi-level pricing is definitely more appealing than Tirpitz-level pricing.

Phoenix_jz #57 Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:11 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostLord_Magus, on 18 October 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

For my bank account's sake I hope it's Dante Alighieri. Ishizuchi-level pricing is definitely more appealing than Tirpitz-level pricing.

Yeah, I feel you there. Still, they may do something like a Vittorio Veneto or Roma because they are better known than other Italian ships.

Most Italian stuff gets heavily glossed over compared to that of other countries, which always amused me. Meanwhile, Tirpitz is well known for sitting in a Fijord for most of the war.

One of concerns with the Vittorio class is how WG treats their armor... It could be quite good, or bad.

As far as I'm aware, decapping is not an mechanic in-game, so that hurts the armor scheme of the Vittorio's, and the Abruzzi class, quite a bit.

TheHunter2_EAD #58 Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:57 PM

• Beta Testers

View PostPhoenix_jz, on 18 October 2016 - 07:11 AM, said:

Yeah, I feel you there. Still, they may do something like a Vittorio Veneto or Roma because they are better known than other Italian ships.

Most Italian stuff gets heavily glossed over compared to that of other countries, which always amused me. Meanwhile, Tirpitz is well known for sitting in a Fijord for most of the war.

One of concerns with the Vittorio class is how WG treats their armor... It could be quite good, or bad.

As far as I'm aware, decapping is not an mechanic in-game, so that hurts the armor scheme of the Vittorio's, and the Abruzzi class, quite a bit.

​I attend to agree with Phoenix_jz. U have a point.
I run all CV Tiers:

TheHunter2_EAD #59 Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:51 PM

• Beta Testers

View PostSparvieroVV, on 25 September 2016 - 03:53 PM, said:

Fun fact. Littorio/Italia survived an attack by two fritz x bombs. However I guess the fact she survived is why this is ignored.

The video in question.

I really like this video's  SparvieroVV ​. It a great videos. If Roma get in the game it will a unique camo, flag, and be the Frist Italian vehicle/ship for WG.

Player on WoWS like you all how care for Italian.  

I run all CV Tiers:

Demon93IT #60 Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

Either of the three built could end up as premium(you just need to rename Littorio et voilà). Personally I would prefer as first premium either Dante Alighieri or Montecuccoli, to have reasonably decent premiums where it wouldn't be horrible to sail around with a green captain since they should be tier IV and V respectively. Moreover they wouldn't be that expensive considering what's available at those tiers, making them more of a bargain that Littorio, VV or Roma. In any case I would be happy if they add a ship, whatever she may be. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users