Comments on Prinz Eugen from NA Publishing Team

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Sir_Godz #21 Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:50 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostBoyarsky, on 14 September 2016 - 02:29 AM, said:

2Das_Schlippo: who defines the distinction between money grabbing and fair monetization tactics?

The mere restriction of premium content to payers only without the ways to earn it for free may be considered as money grabbing.

Some tactics just look bad in comparison to history and expectations, but are perfectly neutral if you look at them from the outsider's perspective.

Having said that, we realized that this innovation will drive negative reactions. But we can't stop trying something new just because of this concern.

When we released Arpeggio in January we also knew there will be negativity. However, it turned out over time more players enjoyed non-historical fantasy content than left our game because of it.

Maybe this is not a perfect analogy, but I'm just trying to illustrate a burden of decision maker to make such calls and then either succeed or learn.

In this case we've learned something. :)

pys on our backs and call it rain all you like.

FYI, we the people that actually pay your salary are the ones who get to define it. Do you think your back account is filled by magic or would you like to see the paper trail?

Sir_Godz #22 Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:52 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostPendragon1951, on 14 September 2016 - 02:47 AM, said:

@Boyarsky To be honest I never understood the logic of why you would sell your bundles this way, from a perception point of view it makes your company look like a money grabbing company with only dollar signs in their eyes. Also you risk the loss and future sales of the ship because if the ship has some negative aspects you can be sure it will be announced on the forums and in-game thus scaring away any possible customers for the later bundles. Whom ever thought this up really missed the mark or needs some education in marketing.

Any education in marketing would be a good start.

Doutech #23 Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostBoyarsky, on 13 September 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

2Judge_Doom:

Any premium ship in our game has a base price in doubloons, which is defined by its Tier, Class and some other minor factors.

It would be unfair to offer a way for new players to skip the grind without paying a reasonable price for it.

But your point makes me believe that there is a way we could resolve this conflict. Personal offerings with discounts based on previous achievements in game, for example.

We will explore these options.

Should consider having the option of personal offerings coming in the form of emails too. For example I am on vacation for the next week and a half and have been for the past week (vacation total: 3 weeks) and would like to know if I have received a personal offering other than in-game since I can't check.

Boyarsky #24 Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:57 AM

Warrior of the Light

• Developers

2Doutech, the integration of personal offerings and email notification systems is in progress. :)

Regional Producer

MadCaptain_2016 #25 Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:58 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostBoyarsky, on 13 September 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

2Judge_Doom:

Any premium ship in our game has a base price in doubloons, which is defined by its Tier, Class and some other minor factors.

It would be unfair to offer a way for new players to skip the grind without paying a reasonable price for it.

But your point makes me believe that there is a way we could resolve this conflict. Personal offerings with discounts based on previous achievements in game, for example.

We will explore these options.

I've never once received an in game personal offer.  I spend money in the shop, I play fairly well, and I have a decent collection of ships.

I'd spend money if you gave me personal offers.

slags83 #26 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I'm all for capitalism and what not, but Eugen just seems like a half assed cash grab on the part of WG. I love premiums and I love spending money on this game, but I don't love it enough to spend ~$45 real dollars for a ship I already own with a fancy paint job. The commander XP benefit is of dubious value for me since I already have Roon and I have Tirpitz to train BB captains.

poeticmotion #27 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:04 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostSir_Godz, on 14 September 2016 - 02:43 AM, said:

How about the marketing team decided that the ship will be so underwhelming that the only people likely to buy it would be the hipper lovers or collectors so why don't we soak them for as much as we can right away while the ship is seen as a limited available purchase.

The reasons people get pissed about your tactics is that you deceive and manipulate routinely and follow that up with more of the same.

You prey on the EU and NA player base's love of gaming to carry the free loading RU server. Considering western servers pay 80% of the bills if not more you could consider not milking the cow til it dies of dehydration.

FU WG, working as intended.

Cite your sources plz? I have never seen any evidence that EU and NA servers carry Russia or that we pay 80% of the bills. 

Tier 10: Khabarovsk, Kurfurst, Minotaur, Tier 9: Fletcher, Friedrich, Udaloi,, Z-46 Tier 8: North Carolina, Bismarck, Z-23, Edinburgh ARP Takao, Akizuki, Kiev, Ognevoi Tier 7: all ARP Myokos, Gneisenau, Leningrad, ShiratsuyuFiji, Tier 6: Budyonny, FarragutShinonome, Fuso, Leander, Bayern, Graf Spee  Tier 5: Kamikaze-R, all ARP Kongos Tier 4: Clemson, IshizuchiV170, Kaiser Tier 2: Tachibana, Mikasa

My guides: Poetic's Guide To Getting Gud Or At Least Less Bad: Tips From A Former Potato     Poetic's post-0.6.0 guide to DD skills and capt builds

The URL Guy is OP, but please don't nerf him. 

crzyhawk #28 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:08 AM

Vice Admiral

• Supertester
  • Beta Testers

View PostBladedPheonix, on 13 September 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

ok then answer us this, why did WG got the P2P route on the ship this time? you've never had us wait to by lower level bundles before. why did you do it this time? and you should also rethink your strategy if you think we (the player base) will continue to allow this type of bundle shinanigan to be allowed in the future. its dumb, unfair for players who have set(limited) amounts of funds and if you add the posibiblity of limited playing hours, you also risk losing out on sales!:sceptic:

He said they were trying something new.  I honestly thought it was a good idea.

BartMancuso #29 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:09 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSir_Godz, on 14 September 2016 - 02:50 AM, said:

pys on our backs and call it rain all you like.

FYI, we the people that actually pay your salary are the ones who get to define it. Do you think your back account is filled by magic or would you like to see the paper trail?

Posts like this one really rub me the wrong way.  I may not agree with the decisions made by companies and developers, but they deserve better treatment than this.  Your use of 'we' here is a bit arrogant and presumptuous.  'We' don't pay his salary, and you do not speak for me.  Got it?
"The hard part about playing chicken is knowin' when to flinch."

godzilla5549 #30 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:15 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Thanks for the explanation Boyarsky. Always nice to see that you guys come out and explain what your thoughts were.

If you want my stats, go look for them yourself. I won't be playing much at all for a bit so it won't matter anyways.

My French Battleship Tech Tree Proposal - My French Destroyer Tech Tree Proposal - My French Cruiser Tech Tree Proposal

Spoiler

Sir_Godz #31 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:16 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View Postpoeticmotion, on 14 September 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

Cite your sources plz? I have never seen any evidence that EU and NA servers carry Russia or that we pay 80% of the bills. 

There was a source recently that cited NA pays 7+ times as RU and EU  pays 5+ times, SEA was 3+ times.

I would venture that NA and EU combined cover well in excess of 80%.

WG has stated many times over how easily NA and EU can afford what they price their goods for.  WG says we are rich.

Capt_Binkley #32 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:17 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostPendragon1951, on 14 September 2016 - 02:47 AM, said:

@Boyarsky To be honest I never understood the logic of why you would sell your bundles this way, from a perception point of view it makes your company look like a money grabbing company with only dollar signs in their eyes. Also you risk the loss and future sales of the ship because if the ship has some negative aspects you can be sure it will be announced on the forums and in-game thus scaring away any possible customers for the later bundles. Whom ever thought this up really missed the mark or needs some education in marketing.

Good grief... it's called free enterprise.

Sir_Godz #33 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:19 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostBartMancuso, on 14 September 2016 - 03:09 AM, said:

Posts like this one really rub me the wrong way.  I may not agree with the decisions made by companies and developers, but they deserve better treatment than this.  Your use of 'we' here is a bit arrogant and presumptuous.  'We' don't pay his salary, and you do not speak for me.  Got it?

Oh no? You've never bought prem time, dubloons or a ship? If not then yes, you do not pay his salary. I and everyone who does buy prem time, dubloons and ships do in fact pay his salary.

Got it?

Pendragon1951 #34 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:23 AM

• Members

View PostCapt_Binkley, on 13 September 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

Good grief... it's called free enterprise.

I get that but you also get and which was verified by the reaction of everyone, that this type of marketing makes you look bad to the people your trying to sell to which made no sense to me and thus the reason I made the statement.

BartMancuso #35 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:27 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Sir_Godz,

The word is 'doubloon.'  Perhaps in addition to learning how to spell, you can go back to school and learn how businesses actually work and who actually makes the decisions.  Until you do, perhaps you should step away from the keyboard and let the adults participate in a civil discussion. 

Edited by BartMancuso, 14 September 2016 - 03:37 AM.

"The hard part about playing chicken is knowin' when to flinch."

Capt_Binkley #36 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:31 AM

• Beta Testers

View PostSir_Godz, on 14 September 2016 - 03:19 AM, said:

Oh no? You've never bought prem time, dubloons or a ship? If not then yes, you do not pay his salary. I and everyone who does buy prem time, dubloons and ships do in fact pay his salary.

Got it?

And you got your value for what you paid for.  Once you have made that exchange, they can do anything they well please with THEIR money.  If you have a problem with what they charge for premiums, then don't buy them.  

Carrier_Graf_Zeppelin #37 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

I love the ship,  my only complaint is that from what I understand Prinz is getting a 10% credit increase bonus that's tied to another camo that you have to buy after paying for the ship. Why couldn't it just be part of the original camo or part of the ship itself?  Why should I have to buy ANOTHER camo just to get one of the features of the ship. Unless I misread somewhere and am not understanding.

航空母艦 Graf Zeppelin、出撃する! Lichten des Ankers!

ビスマルク姉さま、ご一緒に出撃しましょう!- Prinz Eugen

戦艦ビスマルク、抜錨!出る撃すわ!- Bismarck

Stauffenberg44 #38 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:41 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostBartMancuso, on 13 September 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

+1

A toast--to our ships at sea !

poeticmotion #39 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:50 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostPendragon1951, on 14 September 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

I get that but you also get and which was verified by the reaction of everyone, that this type of marketing makes you look bad to the people your trying to sell to which made no sense to me and thus the reason I made the statement.

Define everyone. I couldn't disagree more with both you and Sir_Godz, and I know many others who also disagree. It's a cheap and ineffective rhetorical trick to cloak yourself in 'we' and 'everyone' comments when you're speaking only for yourself.

Tier 10: Khabarovsk, Kurfurst, Minotaur, Tier 9: Fletcher, Friedrich, Udaloi,, Z-46 Tier 8: North Carolina, Bismarck, Z-23, Edinburgh ARP Takao, Akizuki, Kiev, Ognevoi Tier 7: all ARP Myokos, Gneisenau, Leningrad, ShiratsuyuFiji, Tier 6: Budyonny, FarragutShinonome, Fuso, Leander, Bayern, Graf Spee  Tier 5: Kamikaze-R, all ARP Kongos Tier 4: Clemson, IshizuchiV170, Kaiser Tier 2: Tachibana, Mikasa

My guides: Poetic's Guide To Getting Gud Or At Least Less Bad: Tips From A Former Potato     Poetic's post-0.6.0 guide to DD skills and capt builds

The URL Guy is OP, but please don't nerf him. 

Stauffenberg44 #40 Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:55 AM

Ensign

• Members

Perhaps it's because I have been part of wargame design teams and a historical researcher along with it... but WG have their work cut out for them ahead to model the British, French and Italian navies, expanding existing fleets, and putting forth historical premiums (like the Canadian DD Haida *hint hint). This thread is an open admission that they are experimenting with various approaches to ship releases and full marks to them for doing so. Without a business model that works--making sufficient funds to carry through on this--none of the above huge R&D will come to pass. I don't get the acerbic tone of many posts here--no one is demanding you buy ship X.

Finally I am sure they are about the same as the teams I worked with--having an abiding passion for the work at hand and a love of playing the game finally when all the playtesting and development can be put aside for a bit.

A toast--to our ships at sea !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users