Comments on Prinz Eugen from NA Publishing Team

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Lance53 #141 Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postchs4000, on 17 April 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Atago & Kutuzov fit the meta much better, IMO, with Atago's radically more effective HE and Kutuzov's 1) 50% more guns and 2) Near double RoF and 3) resulting substantially higher general purpose DPM. That would be quite unfair as-is, if it weren't for the fact that both Atago and Kutuzov get something that Prinz Eugen could only dream of: Atago gets heal and Kutuzov gets a well-functioning smoke consumable.

That has been part of my argument all along.   The Prince has to compete in the Premium Shop with these two other excellent Tier 8 cruisers.   Who could pick the Prince over these ships?   And who would want to spend serious money on another Tier 8 Premium Cruiser, if they already own one or both of these ships??

And the most ironic thing of all is that Wargaming has been charging a slightly HIGHER price for Prince Eugen, than what they charge for the Atago or Kutuzov.

If Wargamming would buff it in some unique way, such as allowing it to mount BOTH the excellent German Hydro AND ALSO AA Defensive Fire at the same time, then there would at least be one perk worth looking forward to.

Another easy fix would be to simply drop its price.   Make it $10 less expensive than a Kutuzov, instead of costing $3 more.   Make it the same price as the Scharnhorst.

Edited by Lance53, 18 April 2017 - 06:09 AM.

chs4000 #142 Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:16 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostReddNekk, on 17 April 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

When PE goes on sale this weekend, I predict that few players will buy her because why shell out real $$$ for a Premium ship THAT'S NO DIFFERENT FROM THE TECH TREE SHIP in any way, shape, or form?

Not everyone buys a ship based on perfect information. And some people will buy it despite knowing full well that it's a little weak, because they're fans of naval history and they want a ship with the name Prinz Eugen.

Someone looking for a utilitarian, maximal return ship should look elsewhere. Someone looking to satisfy an emotion can buy the Prinz Eugen. I'm not knocking it, that's just human nature. And anyway, people who don't satisfy their emotions tend to be unhappy. :)

Lance53 #143 Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postchs4000, on 18 April 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Someone looking for a utilitarian, maximal return ship should look elsewhere. Someone looking to satisfy an emotion can buy the Prinz Eugen. I'm not knocking it, that's just human nature. And anyway, people who don't satisfy their emotions tend to be unhappy. :)

Actually, people who make bad decisions based on emotions tend to often regret their decision.  In contrast, people who instead rely on logic and reason end up feeling more satisfied and content.

sasquatch_research #144 Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Hey

For someone who does have a few premium ships (5).  I enjoy the Prinz Eugen and it's game play and I have enjoyed most of the others I have as well and will be looking to add Graf Spee, Tirpitz in the near future.  I just wish they would come with a 3 or maybe a 6 point Captain, something to give you slight advantage more than a tech tree counterpart (which even that allows you to buy if you wish a 3 point captain with $25 doubloons or a 1 point capt. with credits).  The ARP ships came with a 10 point captain which was very cool.  For the amount of hours of enjoyment I get from the game, I don't mind buying a few ships which helps make wargaming money and cover future development costs associated with the game.  For many people; it's like an entitlement thing, they refuse to buy because either they don't have the money or they are just want to take advantage of the free gameplay aspect and be damned to support those who have put this out there and that's their choice.  Wargaming doesn't put a gun to anyone's head and force you to buy anything from them, many seem to have a hard time understanding the fact.

Pete

Azarath_Deathwing #145 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I've had the Eugen since it first went on sale (I do believe it was one of the first premiums I purchased for the game). When i first started using it, I had no idea on how to use it, because I quite literally had no ships above t6 at the time (re: Derpitz 2.0).

Since then, i have ground up to the Hipper in KM CAs, and at least t7 in the other nations. And now that I have a grasp of how to use it more effectively, I have to say... I love and hate the ship. I love the XP gains (I used it to help push up my first 19pt captain... my Bismarck/Tirpitz captain. Now that I also have a Scharnhorst, I've been using Eugen to get my Hipper captain above 14pts). I love the credit generation (Kutuzov can and will gain you somewhat more, simply because it can survive more than the Eugen can, due to range, smoke, and fire-setting potential can inflate your damage a lot). 

Things I loathe: It seems every time I take it out, BBs have a special interest in reaming me immediately. If I run my Hipper, I generally survive longer due to BBs not targeting me as frequently, and can impact matches more due to living longer (I live longer, I deal more damage, contest more caps, etc). Conversely, if I am on one of my BBs, and I see an Eugen on the red team... I do try to delete it, simply because I know how strong they can be. 

It's a mixed bag for me. However.... I will take it out any day... but I will not drive my Atlanta anymore (I suck in that ship.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users