New Achievement and Signal Flag Ideas

achievements signal flags

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ckupf #1 Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

This is my second version of this. It is far more refined and extensive. Let me know your thoughts and criticisms. This post will be followed in the coming days and weeks by different categories of achievement I have come up with. For now here are my achievement ideas, with my signal flag ideas as they go hand in hand. 

When I don’t specify a number of flags awarded, that means that 10 are awarded, like most current achievements. If you have other (good) ideas please share!

My writing style can be a little stream of consciousness heavy so bear with me.

Individual Achievements:

1. Smoke on the Water: Do 45,000 total damage in fires in a single battle to at least three different enemy ships. (Same flag as Arsonist) (This could also scale with tier, e.g. 30k + 2k*your ship’s tier)

2. Assist: Do 66% damage of the max health of an enemy that an ally sinks. (Maybe 1x Credit flag like First Blood, and you can win one for each, each day.)

3. Sharpshooter: Achieve 6 total citadels or 50k damage in citadel hits in a single match to 3 different ships. (New Dispersion Flag)

4. Deluge: Do 30,000 total damage in flooding in a single battle to at least two different enemy ships. (Same flag as Liquidator) (Could scale with tier, e.g. 20k + 1k*your ship’s tier)

5. Versatile Hunter: Sink three enemies with three different methods (Fire, flooding, torpedoes, main battery, ramming, secondaries, bombs) (Same flag as Witherer)

6. A. Hat Trick: Sink ships of 3 different classes in one match. (Same flag as Confederate)

6. B. Grand Slam: Sink ships of all four classes in one match. Heroic Achievement. Reward?

7. Playmaker: Do 50% damage of the max health of 3 different enemies that allies sink. Must win the match. (Same flag as High Caliber)

8. Ninja: Capture or assist in the capture of a base 4 times in a domination or epicenter match match, or solo capture the base in a standard or zone match. Must survive the match. (Same flag as Double Strike, or alternatively, 5x detection range Camo)

9. Kamikaze: Ram and sink a ship that has at least twice as much remaining health as you. (It would give the same flag as Die-Hard) Also awarded to CVs that ram and kill an enemy ship if their percentage of planes remaining is less than the enemy ship’s percentage of health remaining.

10. Last Hope: Win a match as the last ship on your team. Only awarded if Solo Warrior is not rewarded (New reload rate flag)

11. Crippler: Do 100k total damage to at least four different enemies, but end the game with zero ships destroyed. (New module incapacitation flag)

12. Duelist: Do damage equal to at least 80% of the max health of a ship that did damage equal to 66% or greater of your health, and sink the ship. You cannot receive this award after you have sunk. (New reload rate flag, or accuracy camo x5)

13. Revenge: Kill an enemy that killed another member of your division, reduces your division mate’s repair cost by 20% or 20,000 credits, whichever is greater.

Not sure how I feel about this one honestly, reward should be minimal.

14. Air Supremacy: If your team shoot’s down all of an enemy CV’s fighters if there are at least 15, but fewer than 30, or at least 30 if there are more than 30, this is rewarded to a ship that shot down more than 50% of them. If no ship shot down 50% or more, it is not rewarded. (New fighter speed flag) Looking to simplify this one.

15. Incapacitator: Cause at least 10 total incapacitations to at least 3 different enemy ships in one battle. (New incapacitation flag)

16. Keep Her Afloat At All Costs: Repair a total of 5 fires and/or floods in a destroyer, repair a total of 10 fires and/or floods in a cruiser, or repair a total of 15 fires and/or floods in a battleship. Not sure what a reasonable number is for CVs, but 5 probably should be okay. You must survive the match (New prevention flag)

17. Constant Vigilance: I’m not sure how to award this, but I want it to be given to ships that spot and avoid torpedoes. I am thinking spot (“spot” means the first player on your team to spot) 20 torpedoes fired by enemies that don’t hit allies, don’t get hit by any torpedoes in the match. Plane groups do not count, scout and catapult fighter planes do count (CVs are therefore mostly ineligible, they could fulfill the requirements too easily.). Flooding reduction flag.

18. Live Fast, Die Young, Leave a Good Corpse: Either sink two enemy ships or do 60k in damage, but sink either first on your team or inside of 5 minutes. (Same flag as It’s Just a Flesh Wound) Damage done after you sink does count.

19. Ace Squad, have one fighter squadron in a single sortie kill 5 planes for each of the maximum number of planes allowed in that squadron (e.g. shoot down 15 planes with a Saipan group because there are 3 planes in the squad, 20 planes with an IJN group, etc). (New fighter speed flag)

20. Last Resort, sink an enemy ship by ramming or with your secondaries in a CV.

21. Flawless Victor (h/t SimiaStoicus), win a battle in which you do damage equal or greater than your ship’s health pool in a Cruiser or Battleship, or equal to or greater than twice your max health in a Destroyer, receive no damage from enemy ships (this is to prevent allied trolls), and do not hit any allies with main battery fire or torpedoes. CVs are ineligible for this award, you may lose scout/fighter planes, and receive hits that do 0 damage. Damage that is received but later repaired still renders you ineligible. Heroic Achievement. (Same Flag as Solo Warrior?)

22. Master Angler, deflect (other non-penetrative, non-damaging shells do not break the streak, if you receive damage to the ship or a module is incapacitated the streak ends) 5 consecutive AP shells of your ship’s main battery caliber or higher, only cruisers and battleships are eligible. Your longest streak is kept as opposed to times receiving the achievement. (3x Same Flag as Crippler) (This award might need some editing)

23. Target Practice, citadel (an) enemy ship(s) on 3 consecutive main battery volleys. Same flag as Sharpshooter.

24. The Closer, sink the enemy team’s final two ships in a victory.

25. Hull Puncher, hit four different enemy ships representing at least two different classes with a torpedo in a battle. IJN CVs/CVs with more than 1 torpedo bomber squadron are ineligible, maybe make all CVs ineligible.

26. Trustworthy Armor, Take at least 3 torpedoes in the TDS (“Torpedo Bulge”) in one battle without taking a torpedo that hits you outside of the torpedo bulge, suffer less than 1k in flooding damage. Do not sink from a torpedo or flooding. Flooding reduction flag.

A Watched Pot Never Boils: I have no idea, but I love this as a name for an award, perhaps something about how much time your floodings and fires last on ships you don't kill.

Modify Clear Sky, which is currently nearly impossible to earn (unless you have an AS Bogue or Saipan). Make it a minimum of 30 planes or 4 times the tier of the match (Thus tiers 7 and below it’s 30 planes, T8 is 32, T9 is 36, T10 is 40). Add a slight modifier for 2 CV matches, like +5. Quick story about how difficult this is currently: I shot down 45 planes in my Atlanta to earn my only Clear Sky since the patch that made it require 50% (I played 5700 games before playing my first CV game, and I only use the Bogue to mine Clear Sky flags.), I got Clear Sky on plane #44. In my record match of 53 kills in my Atlanta I didn’t get Clear Sky because there were two CVs, in my Bogue it’s possible since there aren’t a lot of non-CV launched planes that count towards the total, which is ridiculous when you think about it because no one mines ship launched planes for shoot downs anyway.

On a more minor note, I would also lower the threshold for Unsinkable, Arsonist, Fireproof, and Liquidator to 33% (particularly the flooding related ones, which I might honestly lower to 25%).

Similar to what I suggested for Master Angler, Kraken Unleashed should also list your most kills in a match (so I can brag about my 9 kill New Mexico game more easily), and other awards should list the most you’ve received/done in a match (5x Devastating strikes for me for instance, and for Witherer the 110k in fires and flooding I did in my Udaloi would show up, my 2x Die Hard (in the Emden no less!) would be the one I am most proud of).

New Signal Flags:

1. Reduce dispersion of main battery by 3% (this would be given for Sharpshooter and Target Practice)

2. Increase reload rate of all weapons by 10% when your health is below 10% (Given for Last Hope and Duelist)

3. 10% reduction in the incapacitation of modules.(Given for Crippler and Master Angler)

4. Fighters go 5% faster loaded and empty fighters get an additional 5% speed boost, but fighters take 10% longer to be serviced. (numbers may need to be adjusted) (Awarded for Air Supremacy and Ace Squad)

5. Shells, bombs, and torpedoes do 7% more module damage (I’m not sure exactly how I measured, but from what I understand this should cause a small increase in incapacitations) (Awarded for Incapacitator)

6. The chance of catching fire is reduced by 3% the chance of flooding from a torpedo is reduced by 6% (irrespective of TDS). (Awarded for Keep Her Afloat and Last Resort)

7. The chance of flooding is reduced by 10% on a torpedo that hits your TDS, flooding chance increases by 5% everywhere else. Do not flood unless damage from a ship that rams you exceeds 20% of your max HP (usually 10% in case you don’t know, this could be added to Die Hard flags too to make them more worth it.) (Trustworthy Armor and Constant Vigilance)

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts, and who knows maybe we will see a couple of these some day.

Zekamashi_Sama #2 Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:46 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

sorry but no .-. 

sometimes it feels like im about to be detonated but then ... i got TK 

Lert #3 Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:59 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

There are some good ideas in here.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

"Ik val aan, volg mij"

Nuk_ #4 Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:05 PM

Commander

• Supertester

I like some of these, not so much for some others.

And in that bright October sun, we knew our childhood days were done.

Goon Squadron [GNSQD] Recruitment Officer, Contact for more Information.

Zekamashi_Sama #5 Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:08 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postckupf, on 13 September 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

A Watched Pot Never Boils: I have no idea, but I love this as a name for an award, perhaps something about how much time your floodings and fires last on ships you don't kill.

maybe .... recive 40% of fire and flood dmg at the same time and survive ? gives a fire/flood reduction flag ? 

sometimes it feels like im about to be detonated but then ... i got TK 

slak__ #6 Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:09 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Members

ooo bump, add mine!

Fog_Cruiser_Maine #7 Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:18 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

A Watched Pot Never Boils: Take 40% of your total default HP from fire and 20% from flooding after being hit with 10 torps and still survive (45%, 30%, and 15 torps, respectfully, if your a BB)
Remember the Maine, Remember the Arizona! #neverforget | I support the USS Maine as a US premium! #GiveMeMaine

Statically speaking...

Formerly Luke_Skywalker01

aethervox #8 Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

OP, send your suggestions  (that's a big list) to  WoWS 'Game Support' in the form of a ticket addressed to the Developers and ask that your suggestions be sent to them.

As Lert says, I'm sure some of your ideas have merit.

Anchor_Anchor #9 Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:35 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postckupf, on 13 September 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

17. Constant Vigilance: I’m not sure how to award this, but I want it to be given to ships that spot and avoid torpedoes. I am thinking spot (“spot” means the first player on your team to spot) 20 torpedoes fired by enemies that don’t hit allies, don’t get hit by any torpedoes in the match. Plane groups do not count, scout and catapult fighter planes do count (CVs are therefore mostly ineligible, they could fulfill the requirements too easily.). Flooding reduction flag.

Line them up in front of me.. Guaranteed to get it then.. I love playing DD but they hate me..

Yes turn this in.. there are some viable suggestions here.. some not so much.  But enough to make it worth sending.. Remind you, you won't get anything for it but some recognition.. but hey.. you have witnesses...:)

Edited by Anchor_Anchor, 03 December 2016 - 06:36 AM.

I went to Poupon U. but I couldn't cut the mustard.

ckupf #10 Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostLuke_Skywalker01, on 30 November 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

A Watched Pot Never Boils: Take 40% of your total default HP from fire and 20% from flooding after being hit with 10 torps and still survive (45%, 30%, and 15 torps, respectfully, if your a BB)

This is impossible to achieve. Probably happened one or two times ever. Maybe just sustain 20% of your HP in fire and 20% in flooding without the torp requirement (and survive).  

View Postaethervox, on 02 December 2016 - 06:37 AM, said:

OP, send your suggestions  (that's a big list) to  WoWS 'Game Support' in the form of a ticket addressed to the Developers and ask that your suggestions be sent to them.

As Lert says, I'm sure some of your ideas have merit.

I don't think that's the way the ticket system is supposed to work. I don't want to abuse it.

A couple people have suggested other achievements, I'm not gonna add to this list at this point. 

TheKrimzonDemon #11 Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:21 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I really like a lot of these. Perhaps it's because I do them, and would love to be rewarded for it. :D

Ships that I drive around looking for parking: Way more than I should be allowed to. 85 and counting. Nuff said.

Supercell_Kid #12 Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:29 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

PPPPLLLLEEEEEEEZZZZEEE!!!!

MORE DRAGON FLAGS 333% Capt Exp

Ranked is Rank

Also tagged with achievements, signal flags

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

unit0113