Ranked Season 5 is on it's Way!

ranked ranked battles season 5 league

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

wadavid #41 Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I wonder how long a Chapayev could last in a match? The new 2-minute radar cooldown could be a huge anti-Benson asset...

I might try it, at least in the "easy" tier-VIII ranks.

Crucias #42 Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

Need some information regarding the rank structure because the mechanics of advancment caused far more grief than the two tier system.

I'm looking forward to it, but concerned it's going to be the grating painful system of S4

PS: Please sell Anshan before S5 starts so use Lo Yang drivers can use our captain in both brackets ^^

LuckyOtter #43 Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:44 PM

Ensign

• Members

Thanks for the update, Pigeon!

Any clues on how far back we will be set?  I made it to R14 in S3, and was set back to R18 in S4.  Made it to R11 in S4, so maybe I won't have to use a T6?

Gray Wolf Recruitment Officer                                 

USN: T4 Langley; T6 Farragut and Cleveland; T7 Ranger; T8 Lexington, North Carolina, New Orleans; T9 Fletcher and Iowa --- IJN: T4 Isokaze; T5 Zuiho; T6 Fuso, Fubuki and Ryuho; T7 Myoko and Shiratsuya; T8 Shokaku  T9 Yugumo and Ibuki; --- RU: T6 Budyonny; T7 Minsk; T8 Chapeyev and Kiev; T9 Udaloi; T10 Moskva --- KM:  T5 Konigsberg, T7 Leberecht Maass, T8 Adm. Hipper and Bismark T9 Roon; T10 Gorber Kurfurst; --- UK: T6 Leander, T8 Edinburgh; --- FR: T3 Friant T4 Duguay-Trouin T5 Emile Bertin >> PREMIUMS: T3 Campbeltown; T4 Imperitor Nickolai I and Ishizuchi; T5 Texas, Kamikaze R, Gremyashchy, Murmansk; T6 Warspite and Molotov; T7 Atlanta, Belfast,  Saipan, Scharnhorst, Blyskawica, Sims; T8 Mikhail Kutuzov, Lo Yang, Atago, and Tirpitz!

D_I_P_Scout #44 Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Tier 6 is always fun so will break out the Warspite or Buddy I am thinking, maybe the Cleveland.  Tier 8 I am not sure.  I have four Tier 8s I feel might be competitive there.  Atago, Tirpitz, Hipper, and Amagi......definitely not Mogami or New Olreans I am thinking.   Atago would be more competitive than Hipper, Amagi hits hard and better range, Tirpitz is brawler though.  Didn't do a lot of brawling last season.

D_I_P_Scout #45 Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postwadavid, on 07 September 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

I wonder how long a Chapayev could last in a match? The new 2-minute radar cooldown could be a huge anti-Benson asset...

This could be an interesting choice.  I have not gotten anything above the Buddy yet.  Chappy has great range can light some fires but will see a lot of Kutuzov's, and Atago's which seem to dominate as T-8 cruisers

ClockworkSpectre #46 Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postalexf24, on 07 September 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

Disagree. It is a competitive arena, much more so than PvP. You are usually hurting your team;s chances if you bring the lower tier in a 2-tier encounter (with few exceptions). Bringing a stock ship is not a good idea either. You should bring your best ship for the tier, with your best captain. Stock ships belong in PvE or PvP for grinding. Ranked, although it contributes to the grind, is not the place for it. Bring the best you've got and the ones you are good at. 

But some times there are ships a tier lower that by nature of how they are built/played are more effective than bringing the same tier ship.  Not to mention it sucks having to change what ships you are using for ranked each season, because of swapping captains or having limited ship slots etc..

TenguBlade #47 Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:55 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View Postpoeticmotion, on 07 September 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

At tier 6, expect a lot of Bayerns, possibly New Mexicos if Bayerns don't fare as well in ranked. Expect to see Clevelands for AA, and Budyonnys. Nurnbergs and Aobas don't seem to do as well. And expect World of Farraguts and Anshans; gunboat/'fleet' DDs do well in ranked. 

Probably a decent number of Fubukis too if the tech tree arrangement happens.

Also, in that case, the T8 bracket will probably become World of Downtiered Khabarovsk Akuzuki.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Aduial #48 Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:04 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

No!! I still need to get my Benson!

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami,  Clemson, T8 Fubuki, Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles                 Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

DiddleDum #49 Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:20 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostForgMaxtor, on 07 September 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

Hm.  Don't have anything T8 yet and I don't think I'll have time to buy and grind up anything in that tier by October.  I suppose I could buy a T8 premium but they's expensive.... I'll probably just plan to make a run to Rank 16 for the flags n' stuff and leave it at that.

Yep.  Same.   Now, I made it to level 11 in season 4.  Not sure where they'd start me out for season 5, but if it's less than lvl 16, I won't be able to participate, as I don't have a T8 ship.   Hmmm.....

Rogue_Woodchuck #50 Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:33 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Can you use premium ships in ranked play?  I really enjoy Atago.
There are two things you need to know in Life. Number 1 is never tell everything you know.

Pasco08 #51 Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostDarthDoge, on 07 September 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

Aww, just noticed no Tier 7s. Meh, whatever I'll bring Farragut and Benson! :izmena:

This lol 

*OPG3 Member*

Aduial #52 Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:26 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Will the IJN destroyer changes happen before or after Ranked starts? 

My terrible stats:

Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles                 Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

Aduial #53 Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:28 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

You know, 155mm Mogami will be interesting for Ranked. Since there will be lots of destroyers, her high DPM guns will come in useful. But then her turret traverse sometimes messes things up. 

My terrible stats:

nikoiv #54 Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:12 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

my fubuki with 15 skill points is ready :izmena: also i gonna buy amagi again :P

Teitoku Kantai Collection

Extra info:-Fav.Ship: Königsberg //-Main Play: DD and BB //-Shipfu: Sendai //-Senpai: iChase //-Explayer Navy Field 2

*My english is bad...sorry for that*
[SUR] Armada del Sur

Feroz_71 #55 Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:38 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

My AA Cleveland in alert :)

Salute !

HarunaKai #56 Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:02 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Tier 8 ships? I think this will be the Rank 1 reward

Spoiler

I'm alright.

My Haifuri Review

alexf24 #57 Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:11 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostdatM1gnr, on 07 September 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

Can you use premium ships in ranked play?  I really enjoy Atago.

Yes, any Tier 8 (and 6 for the lower bracket).

I shoot an arrow in the air, where it lands I do not care, I get my arrows wholesale -- Curly Howard (with a wink to Longfellow)

iEaTDaGrudge #58 Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

:honoring: Attention all new players! Time to buy doubloons and skip ships or even Buy premium ship just to play rank Battle and Dont forget to bring your stock ships so can be grind for upgrades! and dont forget about the flags! and hoping to be carried by a good team!goodluck chips chips..

Sincerely :trollface:

Taichunger #59 Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:46 PM

Captain

• Members

View Postwadavid, on 08 September 2016 - 02:50 AM, said:

Probably a bit longer since there are fewer ships around to fire at it, but in any case, the same as in a regular match: until a BB gets it in range.

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) Remove Shatter (3) a button for demounting all flags (4) the icon in the status bar to signal someone wants to div/chat with you

NorthBayite #60 Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:40 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostClockworkSpectre, on 07 September 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

Not sure I like the mono-tier idea or not, I'd rather they just keep people from using stock ships though. 

Stock or not... It will be the skill of the player don't you think?

A hot shot kid with a pistol can drop a veteran sniper... just using what they have... "Their Mind" and "Ingenuity"

Edited by NorthBayite, 09 September 2016 - 04:23 PM.

Also tagged with ranked, ranked battles, season 5, league

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users