Ranked Season 5 is on it's Way!

ranked ranked battles season 5 league

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

BURN_Miner #21 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:18 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

TYVM for the update! Looking forward to this season.

On a side note: I've been playing ranked since season 1 and it's been interesting to see the changes the dev team has been making to try to improve the game play. With regards to balancing ships, the MM and even trying to implement a different tier bracket to see if that would change certain dynamics. Just have to say thank you for the work you guys put forth. The constant juggle can't be easy.

My Computer Setup: Linked @ Shipcomrade.com

IceSerpen7 #22 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:26 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostRagingTanker090_NA, on 07 September 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

When you say "Tier 6 only" does this mean only Tier 6

Uhm...duh?

iEaTDaGrudge #23 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

Time to bring the Fubuki and Benson!

ValkyrWarframe #24 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:29 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 07 September 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

Rank 15 – Rank 1: Tier VIII ships only

Goody goody time to break out my North Carolina.

Key: *In top 50 players on the server, Can't afford at the moment, 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Guide Coming Soon!), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Iowa, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Strike Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Shinonome, Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friant, Émile Bertin (Guide Coming Soon!), La Galissonniére, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

alexf24 #25 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostForgMaxtor, on 07 September 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

Hm.  Don't have anything T8 yet and I don't think I'll have time to buy and grind up anything in that tier by October.  I suppose I could buy a T8 premium but they's expensive.... I'll probably just plan to make a run to Rank 16 for the flags n' stuff and leave it at that.

There's nothing wrong with that. When Season 1 came along I was new and did not have any high tier ships. No issues there. There will always be a new Ranked Season coming up, where you can continue going higher. Play the best ships you have, and do better in, at the tier you can play. That is all you need. Prizes are good at all tiers.

As for buying a higher tier ship so that you can play: bad idea. Just because you buy a Tirpitz (the most egregious example of this issue), it does not mean you are fit for Tier 8 battles yet. There are still many people around who should dock their shiny new Tirpitz in port for some time, until they have played at least 50 battles at the tier in a regular tree ship, and are comfortable with playing at that level.

Edited by alexf24, 07 September 2016 - 03:39 PM.

I shoot an arrow in the air, where it lands I do not care, I get my arrows wholesale -- Curly Howard (with a wink to Longfellow)

alexf24 #26 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:38 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostiEaTDaGrudge, on 07 September 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

Time to bring the Fubuki and Benson!

Indeed. Atago, Tirpitz, North Carolina, Amagi, Fubuki, Lo Yang (maybe I'll have Bismarck by then). Will be fun. I have so many T8 ships I will have to try and see which ones will work best for me in Ranked this time (Nagato, Shchors and Blyskawica worked best for me in Season 4).

[Much later edit]: Bismarck is in and with a 15-pt captain. I'm ready.

Edited by alexf24, 28 September 2016 - 05:37 PM.

I shoot an arrow in the air, where it lands I do not care, I get my arrows wholesale -- Curly Howard (with a wink to Longfellow)

Captain_Dorja #27 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:43 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Yeah I need credits like no other right now. Gotta get German BBs, gotta save for Brit Bong CLs, gotta prep for new IJN DD drops, and gotta get back some of the keeper t8s I sold... OUCH!

USN: All BBs, CAs, DDs. Lexington, Missouri, Alabama, Saipan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Arizona, Texas, Albany, Lo Yang

IJN:  Hiryu, Hatsuharu, Yugumo, Mogami, Amagi, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Fubuki, Akatsuki, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Nagato, ARP Takao, Atago
Germany: Bayern, Hipper, Emden, Nurnberg, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz

Russia: Shchors, Kiev, Imperator Nikolai, Gremyashchy, Anshan, Molotov, Leningrad, Mikhail Kutuzov

Britain and Allies: Leander, Campbeltown, Perth, Warspite, Dunkerque, Blyskawica, Belfast

paradat #28 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:44 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Hmm 6 and 8, OK, would love to see more safe ranks toward the end. The up and down was very frustrating last season.

Zampy #29 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

Oh Benny my Benny!

ForgMaxtor #30 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:52 PM

Ensign

• Members

View Postalexf24, on 07 September 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with that. When Season 1 came along I was new and did not have any high tier ships. No issues there. There will always be a new Ranked Season coming up, where you can continue going higher. Play the best ships you have, and do better in, at the tier you can play. That is all you need. Prizes are good at all tiers.

As for buying a higher tier ship so that you can play: bad idea. Just because you buy a Tirpitz (the most egregious example of this issue), it does not mean you are fit for Tier 8 battles yet. There are still many people around who should dock their shiny new Tirpitz in port for some time, until they have played at least 50 battles at the tier in a regular tree ship, and are comfortable with playing at that level.

Good advice; thanks.  I've been moving more or less evenly up the ranks in most of the lines simultanteously so my progress has been slow; I've got several lines up to T7 and T6 is probably my sweet spot right now so the ranks up to 16 should be right in my wheelhouse.  Next time we'll see about pushing higher.

Edited by ForgMaxtor, 07 September 2016 - 03:58 PM.

Ace_04 #31 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:53 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I'm hoping WG will clarify in the near future what the official 'safe' ranks will be.  I have a hard time believing they will stop after rank 16.

[-K-] Kraken

"In war, there are no atheists.  Both sides are asking God for help" - Cmdr. Terry Goddard

alexf24 #32 Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:11 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostAce_04, on 07 September 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

I'm hoping WG will clarify in the near future what the official 'safe' ranks will be.  I have a hard time believing they will stop after rank 16.

We'll know soon enough where the spots will be. The yo-yo drove me crazy last time. Will happen again. 

Edgecase #33 Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:37 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder whether it would be worth buying a Kutuzov for this...

ACEpickles #34 Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:37 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Thank you for the info.

dark.png

CapnCappy #35 Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:37 PM

Commander

• Members

Aw man, I was going to get the Saipan and "easy button" my way through ranked this season.

AVR_Project #36 Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

So the ranked battles of Saipans and Blyskawicas will not repeat.

Tier 6: We're talking Arizona, Independence, Cleveland, Ryuho,  Budyonny, Warspite, and Dunkerque for me.

Might wish to purchase Molotov, Bayern, and some DDs (need to look at them for tier 6).

Tier 8:  North Carolina, Atago, Tirpitz, and Kutuzov.  I might push for the Mogami.

So what's going on with Tier 5 Team Battles???  I'm running out of trained captains.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

vak_ #37 Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:19 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Will we still have the awful system where the top player by XP on the losing team doesn't lose a star?

pwadoc #38 Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:33 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostMadCaptain_2016, on 07 September 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

Can you provide any news on the mechanics of the ranking system?

Following Season 4, there was supposed to be a big post discussing some of the critical feedback that was given to WG by the community, but I hadn't seen anything yet.

I'd just like to know if it will be different from Season 4.

Many thanks!

I am wondering this as well.

Warped_1 #39 Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Sweet, my Amagi sails again (felt a little left out last Ranked).

cfedler #40 Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Oh darn, i was Looking Forward to Winning Ranked battles in my Trolanta. And just as I got a 17 pt. Commander in it too :(
Oh well, guess i'll have to bring in My German BBs. Bismark and Derpitz FTW :P
Fair winds, and Following Seas

Also tagged with ranked, ranked battles, season 5, league

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users