Ranked Season 5 is on it's Way!

ranked ranked battles season 5 league

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

Pigeon_of_War #1 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

Be prepared to Rank Battles season 5!

Rank Battles are coming back and we want every player to meet a new season up in arms. Here you can find the very first piece of information that is intended to provide you with an opportunity to have enough time to upgrade one of required ships or train a commander, if needed.

Mono-tier leagues

To provide totally equal conditions for all players and make battles more skill-based, every rank will be limited by the only ship tier allowed. Also, there will be more safe ranks for the beginners (up to rank 16), compare with the previous season.

Up to Rank 16: Tier VI ships only

Rank 15 – Rank 1: Tier VIII ships only

The season starts at the beginning of October – you still have enough time to prepare yourself!

For complete details check out our article: http://worldofwarshi...ttles-season-5/

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

RipNuN2 #2 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

Commander

• Members

Yay, ty for the update.

RagingTanker090_NA #3 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

When you say "Tier 6 only" does this mean only Tier 6 or will my Blyskawica be allowed?

Ships I own (research needed, if any; otherwise xp to next ship): MinekazeKaiser (10k of 22k), Blyskawica, Nicholas (hull)ARP Hiei

Ship Nicknames: Ms. Pacman - Wakatake, TRIANGLES - Isokaze, Modern Jackdaw - Nassau, Pure Blys - Blyskawica, LEWD - Tenryuu, Unfair Treaty He Kemp Alsace - Kaiser

Sock5 #4 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

As this will be my first season of Ranked Battles, I'm curious to know what are the go-to ships of each class that people will most likely bring?  (Looking at Tier 6 as I'm not yet up to 8's).

In Port: Hosho, Langley, Bogue, La Galissonniere, New Mexico, Gnevny, Fiji, Yorck, Edinburgh
Premium Ships: ARP Hiei, Warspite, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, Saipan, Alabama, Tirpitz
Currently Working Towards: Neptune

poeticmotion #5 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostSock5, on 07 September 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

As this will be my first season of Ranked Battles, I'm curious to know what are the go-to ships of each class that people will most likely bring?  (Looking at Tier 6 as I'm not yet up to 8's).

At tier 6, expect a lot of Bayerns, possibly New Mexicos if Bayerns don't fare as well in ranked. Expect to see Clevelands for AA, and Budyonnys. Nurnbergs and Aobas don't seem to do as well. And expect World of Farraguts and Anshans; gunboat/'fleet' DDs do well in ranked. 

Tier 10: Khabarovsk, Kurfurst, Minotaur, Tier 9: Fletcher, Friedrich, Udaloi,, Z-46 Tier 8: North Carolina, Bismarck, Z-23, Edinburgh ARP Takao, Akizuki, Kiev, Ognevoi Tier 7: all ARP Myokos, Gneisenau, Leningrad, ShiratsuyuFiji, Tier 6: Budyonny, FarragutShinonome, Fuso, Leander, Bayern, Graf Spee  Tier 5: Kamikaze-R, all ARP Kongos Tier 4: Clemson, IshizuchiV170, Kaiser Tier 2: Tachibana, Mikasa

My guides: Poetic's Guide To Getting Gud Or At Least Less Bad: Tips From A Former Potato     Poetic's post-0.6.0 guide to DD skills and capt builds

The URL Guy is OP, but please don't nerf him. 

KmsH44 #6 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Well, time to spec for concealment Tirpitz. 

MadCaptain_2016 #7 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:37 PM

Ensign

• Members

Can you provide any news on the mechanics of the ranking system?

Following Season 4, there was supposed to be a big post discussing some of the critical feedback that was given to WG by the community, but I hadn't seen anything yet.

I'd just like to know if it will be different from Season 4.

Many thanks!

Blazinrage #8 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:37 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

:hmm:

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 07 September 2016 - 06:28 AM, said:

Up to Rank 16: Tier VI ships only

Rank 15 – Rank 1: Tier VIII ships only

Ok, so... Ranked Battles will consist of only 2 tiers = 6 & 8?

Khafni #9 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostSock5, on 07 September 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

I found my Budyonny was a real asset in Ranked. My Anshan didn't do as well. The Cleveland is good but return fire is so focused on this ship I didn't find she could stay afloat the whole match. Nurnberg, although a good ship, didn't seem to do so well for me in Ranked.

I will be using Budyonny/Anshan at T6 and Benson at T8.

DarthDoge #10 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:42 PM

Captain

• Members

Here's to more flags.. and more rage. :D

Nuk_ #11 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:52 PM

Commander

• Supertester

View PostRagingTanker090_NA, on 07 September 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

When you say "Tier 6 only" does this mean only Tier 6 or will my Blyskawica be allowed?

It says "Tier 6 Only." Blys is tier 7. It's not that hard to understand.

DarthDoge #12 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:54 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostNuk_, on 07 September 2016 - 09:52 AM, said:

It says "Tier 6 Only." Blys is tier 7. It's not that hard to understand.

Aww, just noticed no Tier 7s. Meh, whatever I'll bring Farragut and Benson! :izmena:

Nachoo31 #13 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:55 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

I probably be the only one playing a Fubuki for this...oh wait I know another person.

Looking for Clan?  TheKriegsmarines [KMS]  

poeticmotion #14 Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

My Farragut is ready. For tier 8 I guess I'm using Bismarck or my AA-troll-build North Carolina, depending on how CV-heavy the ranked meta is, unless I buy Benson back; I wasn't expecting tier 8 for ranked with all the 7s that have come out. 

Tier 10: Khabarovsk, Kurfurst, Minotaur, Tier 9: Fletcher, Friedrich, Udaloi,, Z-46 Tier 8: North Carolina, Bismarck, Z-23, Edinburgh ARP Takao, Akizuki, Kiev, Ognevoi Tier 7: all ARP Myokos, Gneisenau, Leningrad, ShiratsuyuFiji, Tier 6: Budyonny, FarragutShinonome, Fuso, Leander, Bayern, Graf Spee  Tier 5: Kamikaze-R, all ARP Kongos Tier 4: Clemson, IshizuchiV170, Kaiser Tier 2: Tachibana, Mikasa

My guides: Poetic's Guide To Getting Gud Or At Least Less Bad: Tips From A Former Potato     Poetic's post-0.6.0 guide to DD skills and capt builds

The URL Guy is OP, but please don't nerf him. 

alexf24 #15 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

Captain

• Members

Nice to see they use 1 tier only. Previous ones made people being up-tiered tough to play and hurting the team. This is a nice change.

I suspect T8 will be Wall of Bensons and Bismarcks unfortunately. I'll bring something different for a change,.

I shoot an arrow in the air, where it lands I do not care, I get my arrows wholesale -- Curly Howard (with a wink to Longfellow)

ClockworkSpectre #16 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Not sure I like the mono-tier idea or not, I'd rather they just keep people from using stock ships though. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre, 07 September 2016 - 03:04 PM.

alexf24 #17 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:05 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostClockworkSpectre, on 07 September 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

Not sure I like the mono-tier idea or not, should just keep people from using stock ships though. 

Disagree. It is a competitive arena, much more so than PvP. You are usually hurting your team;s chances if you bring the lower tier in a 2-tier encounter (with few exceptions). Bringing a stock ship is not a good idea either. You should bring your best ship for the tier, with your best captain. Stock ships belong in PvE or PvP for grinding. Ranked, although it contributes to the grind, is not the place for it. Bring the best you've got and the ones you are good at. 

I shoot an arrow in the air, where it lands I do not care, I get my arrows wholesale -- Curly Howard (with a wink to Longfellow)

Captain_Dorja #18 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:06 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

I'm actually going to see how far I can get in this ranked season. Season 2 and 3 were the only ones I really tried in, and I gave up on S3 really fast.

USN: All BBs, CAs, DDs. Lexington, Missouri, Alabama, Saipan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Arizona, Texas, Albany, Lo Yang

IJN:  Hiryu, Hatsuharu, Yugumo, Mogami, Amagi, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Fubuki, Akatsuki, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Nagato, ARP Takao, Atago
Germany: Bayern, Hipper, Emden, Nurnberg, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz

Russia: Shchors, Kiev, Imperator Nikolai, Gremyashchy, Anshan, Molotov, Leningrad, Mikhail Kutuzov

Britain and Allies: Leander, Campbeltown, Perth, Warspite, Dunkerque, Blyskawica, Belfast

alexf24 #19 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostCaptain_Dorja, on 07 September 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

I'm actually going to see how far I can get in this ranked season. Season 2 and 3 were the only ones I really tried in, and I gave up on S3 really fast.

I played in all seasons 1-4 so far. I found it intense and nerve-wracking at times. I quit at some point, tired of the yo-yo movements.

I am playing better nowadays, so I'll try to push to end up at a better rank that I have done in the past.

ForgMaxtor #20 Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:16 PM

Ensign

• Members

Hm.  Don't have anything T8 yet and I don't think I'll have time to buy and grind up anything in that tier by October.  I suppose I could buy a T8 premium but they's expensive.... I'll probably just plan to make a run to Rank 16 for the flags n' stuff and leave it at that.

Also tagged with ranked, ranked battles, season 5, league

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users