ARPEGGIO OF BLUE STEEL -ARS NOVA- Challenge

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Stardin #1 Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:43 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Since I have watched the series, I think it would be nice if the FOG distinctive color schemes were skins which could be won or purchased in the Premium shop.  I know they only mention the Japanese and US division of the Fog, there had to be an Atlantic Division as well.  It would be nice if the creator of the series would permit Wargame to design such skins for all the major tech trees.

Stratego89 #2 Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:45 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Took me a minute to realize you meant ones that don't exist in actual canon for the anime/manga. That'd be a looot of work. We don't even know if WG is going to go further than the mental models- or even do all of them. There's been much heated discussion over whether or not they would even consider going about making an ARP Yamato/Musashi. On the one hand... T10 ship. On the other hand... who cares? They can set the requirements for the mission to be using a yamato or any T10/9- or anything else they want- and make it more difficult than usual to obtain. It's not like they're selling it to people who don't know how to play the game at that tier or come with the bonuses that a premium ship would. And by bonuses I mean the P2W aspect they ALL have to convince people to buy them because they can compete 2 tiers higher than they actually are set at... but I digress.

IMO this is very unlikely. I could see them even going as far as giving us every mental model-bearing ARP ship, even Yamato/Musashi. I could see them even possibly giving us the ships in the anime/manga that don't have mental models, just the unique design. I just can't see them making a skin for every ship in the game or even getting permission from ARP creators. For all we know they already have signed a limited contract restricting them to a certain list of stuff.

Edited by Stratego89, 02 September 2016 - 11:49 PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Stats mean absolutely nothing~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nuk_ #3 Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:46 PM

Commander

• Supertester

Except Japanese ships are the only ones with unique skins so far.

Stratego89 #4 Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:51 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostNuk_, on 02 September 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

In all fairness the ARP content we've gotten in game is clearly representative of the anime rather than the Manga, and as far as I can recall no non japanese vessels appeared with a mental model, and even the ones that appeared without were off in the distance and not very detailed before they... uh... were no longer on screen. Yeah let's say it that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Stats mean absolutely nothing~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nuk_ #5 Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:53 PM

Commander

• Supertester

View PostStratego89, on 02 September 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

In all fairness the ARP content we've gotten in game is clearly representative of the anime rather than the Manga, and as far as I can recall no non japanese vessels appeared with a mental model, and even the ones that appeared without were off in the distance and not very detailed before they... uh... were no longer on screen. Yeah let's say it that way.

Correct. WG shows no signs of going off the manga, and in the anime, Japanese ships are the only ones with mental models so far.

Stardin #6 Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:10 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

I understand the series is set in the Pacific and has a Japanese slant, however  on the Wiki page, there is mention of the Scarlet Fleet in the Atlantic, with Bismarck being one of the ships.   I don't think it would be a stretch for the creators or Wargaming to expand the types of ships modeled after the Manga.  They can start out with just skins for the ship's in the game, then followed by Mental Mods later. Who knows, at one point they can even make a game mode encompassing the Manga weapons :)   I just tossing the idea at WOW with the hopes, it might be picked up, if there is interest in seeing more ships in the game with those style markings on them?

Aduial #7 Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:04 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostStardin, on 03 September 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

I understand the series is set in the Pacific and has a Japanese slant, however  on the Wiki page, there is mention of the Scarlet Fleet in the Atlantic, with Bismarck being one of the ships.   I don't think it would be a stretch for the creators or Wargaming to expand the types of ships modeled after the Manga.  They can start out with just skins for the ship's in the game, then followed by Mental Mods later. Who knows, at one point they can even make a game mode encompassing the Manga weapons :)   I just tossing the idea at WOW with the hopes, it might be picked up, if there is interest in seeing more ships in the game with those style markings on them?

I think the problem is that they have permission to use content from the Anime, but not the Manga. But it would be really nice if they did add in ships from the Manga.

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami, Myoko, Clemson, T8 Fubuki (sadly, the T6 Fubuki doesn't feel quite as good), Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

My topics: Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles                 Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

JynxLazarus #8 Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:26 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

They must have permission for assets from the Manga because Hiei, Myoko, and Ashigara never appeared in the Anime.

Destroyer_Johnston #9 Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:28 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View PostJynxLazarus, on 06 September 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

They must have permission for assets from the Manga because Hiei, Myoko, and Ashigara never appeared in the Anime.

they are in the anime the 2nd movie. 

"Even as we began laying smoke, the Japanese started lobbing shells at us and Johnston had to zigzag between the splashes....

We were the first destroyer to make smoke, the first to start firing, the first to launch a torpedo attack...."

Wherever there is a mess the destroyer runs first She is expendable and dangerous.

KNTAI Recruitment Officer

JynxLazarus #10 Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:51 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostDestroyer_JohnstonMK1, on 07 September 2016 - 06:28 AM, said:

they are in the anime the 2nd movie. 

Ahh,  thanks for pointing that out.  Haven't seen the movies only the series. 

Bill_Halsey #11 Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Got Haruna, Hiei and Ashigara. Kongo, Takao and Haruna I need to collect.

Gen_Mayhem #12 Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:31 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Hi.  Saw this and felt like saying something. 

I agree that Wargaming should try to get the permission to bring in some of the other ships.  Case in point a US carrier is now in the manga, there's also Akatsuki a DD that is about to be released and other ships seen in game but not here yet such as Nagato.  

Also wouldn't mind a Camo skin pack of Yamato with either the ARP Yamato or Musashi's skins in it. 

And finally, where's Takao anyway?  The Atago, her sister ship is in game..I own it.  So where's she at.   Just take out her Repair Consumable and the Credit and Exp Boost and there ya go..

General_Skiseava #13 Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:26 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

PLEASE i hope they extend the the arpeggio challenge for one more month because work is not something i can not devote time away from for world of warships plus I'm a US Marine i just do not have all the time and i just got my tier six to even participate in the challenge to get the FOG ships please if someone with any pull at war gaming sees this please give some insight towards hope about arpeggio before it fully goes i love this game and would love to have more fun with one of the shows i enjoy my email is Tannersmith04@gmail.com either an extension or make them available for purchase besides you can just make more money that way. 

kerensky914 #14 Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:24 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Supertester

Sorry to reward your excellent service to this country with cold counsel, but they cannot extend the ARP event because their contract with them expires on December 31st.  Also, they never extend events except under extreme circumstances like a huge days-long outage, but even in a case like that they could not extend this event.

"it is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth, who was obviously talking about the forums...

"Doctors can always bury their mistakes.  Architects can only advise their client to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Jamoise #15 Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

I thought the event was running till the 31st.  Its still the 31st, but its over? i was like.. a few hundred xp from getting the last 40k xp done to get the new commanders, and came back after having a smashing game to find the event gone.  I've been working all over the December holidays and haven't had a chance to finish it off till now.. :/

disapointed :(

Asus R9 290 with 4 gig.
Intel Z68DB mainboard.
Intel I7 2700K - stock.
8 gig DDR 3
250 gig samsung SSD, 2 TB seagate HDD

SireneRacker #16 Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostAduial, on 03 September 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

I think the problem is that they have permission to use content from the Anime, but not the Manga. But it would be really nice if they did add in ships from the Manga.

What about the Nagara classes then? Roughly similar to Kuma so it should be no problem. And there is enough material on them to get a skin.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

tep0583 #17 Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostJamoise, on 31 December 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

I thought the event was running till the 31st.  Its still the 31st, but its over? i was like.. a few hundred xp from getting the last 40k xp done to get the new commanders, and came back after having a smashing game to find the event gone.  I've been working all over the December holidays and haven't had a chance to finish it off till now.. :/

disapointed :(

Yeah, I was only about 3k away and thought we could finish up today. That kinda blows. 

manavdharma #18 Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:43 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostNuk_, on 02 September 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

Actually.  There is Lexington and Iowa. They are in episode 12, but don't have a mental model. 

FOG Recruitment Officer

Fog_Carrier_Enterprise is meh name

Legally_Blind #19 Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:08 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

is ARP going to come back in the future?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users