Battleship Movie (2012) Awesome Scene Of USS IOWA

Battleship era

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

jojokla23 #1 Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members
An Awesome Scene in Battleship Movie

If your in the zone keep it to your self or Jojokla23 will!!!~Taiga kagami

jojokla23 #2 Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members
Im Soory its Missouri BAttleship MissWrite Sorry Everyone :Smile_smile:

jojokla23 #3 Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Eyeless_Camper #4 Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester
Hmm, for some reason "American Battleship" and "Battleship" look awefully similar to eachother  :Smile_veryhappy:
http://static.guim.c...ican-Ba-010.jpg

For the freedom of Sweden, Nemo me impune lacessit --Tre kronor class cruisers

t42592 #5 Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
Good movie!  Class A production!  :Smile_glasses:

Anikus_Augustus #6 Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members
Despite all the bad press Battleship recieved it was still better than Transformers 3.

JeeWeeJ #7 Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester

View PostAnikus_Augustus, on 11 October 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Despite all the bad press Battleship recieved it was still better than Transformers 3.
But that's not very hard to do... :Smile_sceptic:

EU WoWs Supertest coordinator

"In Russia Vodka makes everything out of anything." - KGB - proof of awesome devs
"Oh no, you've got it wrong. It's not "everyone", it's about JeeWeeJ, the impersonation of evil on this forums..." - Ariecho

Eyeless_Camper #8 Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester
Never seen Battleship but i've seen American Battleship  :Smile_great:

For the freedom of Sweden, Nemo me impune lacessit --Tre kronor class cruisers

Lt_Andrev #9 Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members
"Battleship" shows how to Hollywood makes the best: a special effects only.
Whole rest is a extremelly poor movie. Want to see what Battleship offers? See trailers.
  -_-

Best AI I have ever seen:
IJN Takao dodged 11 torpedoes with zig-zaging and active speed changes, including stop and reverse run.
:ohmy:

Tanz #10 Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester
OMG that was one hell of a crap movie :Smile_sceptic: Am so glad I didnt waste my own money to see it, but its fine for the kids.
Also sorry but..shouldn't this be in the Off Topic section...or Naval Battles...since they were fighting aliens :Smile_playing:

Crag_r #11 Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester
No lets face it, the best scene is at the end with the Australian Fighter Support :Smile_hiding:

Plus an ANZAC class frigate seen close to the start :Smile-_tongue:

"Unrivalled"

The Naval Aviator's Motto,

Royal Australian Navy

Chiyeko #12 Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
I do like the slogan: "When modern weapons fail, it is time to bring int he big guns."

Like it or not the basics of the guns like on the Iowa are barely any different from cannons placed on our wooden sailing ships, tube, projectile and propellant :)

“A story never ends for even when you read the last page of the book, you yourself have already written the next." - me

RMS_Gigantic #13 Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

Ensign

• Members
I loved the Missouri's revival in that film. In a way, Wargaming is doing the same thing with more, even older ships!
The "World of" games in a nutshell:

World of Tanks: Bang bang!
World of Warplanes: Pew pew!
World of Warships: BOOM BOOM!

SdKfz252 #14 Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

Seaman

• Members
The film is good, but I am a critic to some scenes:

First, WHY ARE ALIENS (With advanced armor(Or Armour for internationals)) BEING DESTROYED BY HUMANS (With less advanced technology)?

Second, the fleet of ships are mainly Battleships, where are the Aircraft Carriers or Frigates?  There are only battleships (Yeah, I also know the movie is titled "Battleship")

Third, the Aliens should have used a Annihilation bomb or something to wipe out all life on Earth, and took over it's terrain and tera-formed it. (Well, thats my stance on what should have happened.)

And finally Fourth, This is a Action/Rom-Com movie instead of a pure action movie we all wanted.

Anyway, it did get me on the edge of my seat watching it, and I like the "Might Moe's" appearance in the movie, it made it a bit more historical.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on it!

RMS_Gigantic #15 Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostSdKfz252, on 12 October 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

First, WHY ARE ALIENS (With advanced armor(Or Armour for internationals)) BEING DESTROYED BY HUMANS (With less advanced technology)?

Second, the fleet of ships are mainly Battleships, where are the Aircraft Carriers or Frigates?  There are only battleships (Yeah, I also know the movie is titled "Battleship")

Third, the Aliens should have used a Annihilation bomb or something to wipe out all life on Earth, and took over it's terrain and tera-formed it. (Well, thats my stance on what should have happened.)

And finally Fourth, This is a Action/Rom-Com movie instead of a pure action movie we all wanted.

Anyway, it did get me on the edge of my seat watching it, and I like the "Might Moe's" appearance in the movie, it made it a bit more historical.

In order:

1) The "isolation dome" and interplanetary travel are the only ways that the aliens are more advanced than the humans; their weaponry is only slightly more advanced than ours, if at all. Also, the 5-ship fleet they send is a scouting mission, if you will, with enough armament to defend itself if needed. They are not an actual war fleet.

2) The aliens have an "isolation dome" which prevents matter from entering or leaving it, including ships and jets. This is established fairly early into the movie after the dome appears.

3)As I said above, they sent a scouting force to determine how much of a subsequent force would be needed to conquer the planet, because the species is busy with military affairs closer to home. Their communication ship crashed, though, so they needed the satellite in Hawaii to send a signal back.
The "World of" games in a nutshell:

World of Tanks: Bang bang!
World of Warplanes: Pew pew!
World of Warships: BOOM BOOM!

Aloeus #16 Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Seaman

• Members
I liked it a lot actually, only because I knew it was bad to begin with. when you watch it knowing its bad and not even caring about the story line then you just get a bunch of naval warfare scenes, not many of those(even if these are horribly inaccurate)
"made Spartans look like crybabies" - Heir of Carthage

lukefed #17 Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Umm, btw, none of those vessels (excluding the Missouri) are battleships. Battleships have been phased out of modern navies since the 1950's.

Crag_r #18 Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester
If i had any -1s left you would get it for that!

Because this is Hollywood

I'm sorry do you have any knowledge of Modern Navies? if you did then you would know that they were never just comprised of battleships they are centered around Air Craft carriers, oh wait and have been since the second world war. These days there are allot of Frigates, destroyers cruisers and subs in worlds navies. AND there was only 1 battleship in the movie, the smaller ships were destroyers with if you payed attention the carrier battle group been stuck outside the magical wall.

Did you pay attention to the movie? that was not the aim they were trying to get their communications back up, hence they avoided killing any unarmed people.

In your opinion, not everyone's.

Historical? this movie is about modern warships!

Not too sure if this guy is trolling...

"Unrivalled"

The Naval Aviator's Motto,

Royal Australian Navy

jojokla23 #19 Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Because The Caliber Of the Big gunz Of The missouri Make the Aliens Destroyed
They are only armed with rockets(AA gunz Are the big threat)

jojokla23 #20 Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostEyeless_Camper, on 11 October 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Hmm, for some reason "American Battleship" and "Battleship" look awefully similar to eachother  :Smile_veryhappy:
http://static.guim.c...ican-Ba-010.jpg
its the battleship may 2012