Supremacy League Rules Competitive

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Vas79 #1 Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Gentleman,

Here is the rule set for Season Three of Supremacy and for the pre season qualifying tournament.  These rules will also shortly be posted to the Supremacy website, there will be a spot on the forums shortly for feedback and questions on the rules for season three.  

Season Three Rules:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

WarShip Supremacy League Co Founder - Admin

https://www.warships...macyleague.com/

Submarine_Wahoo #2 Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

Commander

• Supertester
  • Beta Testers

RIP Flint.

"Shoot the Sunza B****es!" (... and the Wahoo did!)

-- One of 52 American WWII submarines on Eternal Patrol --

RobertViktor68 #3 Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

what is "ship stringing"?

Vas79 #4 Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

When a team enters into a training room they can "string in" by entering in ones and twos over a prolonged time frame.  Typically this can lead to calls that the team who is stringing is trying to adjust their fleet composition based on what the see the other fleet is running in the lobby.  At some point I'm hoping we'll get a training room built in and a lobby that just shows player names and not ships to make this style of rule a moot point.

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

Sillypuddi #5 Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:45 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

• The streamer or streamers will drop onto opposite sides of the lobby in a CV and immediately torpedo themselves. Teams may begin to maneuver while the streamers are self torping their CV’s. Failure to follow this or any other problems caused in this process may be grounds for a match restart at any point in the match. Both sides must get a CV to kill.

• In the event of only one streamer, a bot will be used to balance the sides, and the team with the bot will be required to kill it immediately, and no ships on either team may move until both CVs have been destroyed. The team with the bot is allowed to maneuver one ship towards the bot to expedite the bots destruction. The bot ship will be unarmed and static.

Can or can not teams move before killing the streamer and/or bot? Were talking 1-2 mins of no moving while the clock is counting down. If I'm not mistaken that time wasted not moving cost teams close games during the Summer League, that they would've won if they had had the time they normally would have.

No Flint? Why?

Sportsmanship can be held against a team from an outside source? Does this mean in normal matches? WoW's forums? Seems a bit of an overstep into players personal/private play.

Rules infractions cost you an entire series? Why not single matches? Are you saying a Team that is ahead 2-1 in a playoff series has to forfeit the whole thing because of one infraction?

Do these mulligans cover "Admin called resets" with the same timetable and restrictions? We're not talking 9 minutes into a match and we get a "reset" message in chat are we? And I'm not just talking about streamer spawns. I mean ANY reasons for the Admin to reset a game.

Sanctioned Streamer list? Will the streamers be non-APOC affiliated. I would hate for people to have to come and watch matches and never hear a positive or even neutral comment made for their team, like last season.

Will streamers have any affect on scheduling?

How will seeding for tie-breakers work in the end of season and also the Qualifier Tourney? How will overall record tie-breakers work? 

What does this even mean? The League reserves the right to place bans on any player, even if not directly involved with the League, in order to preserve the integrity and sportsmanship of the League.

Vas79 #6 Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostSillypuddi, on 22 August 2016 - 10:45 PM, said:

• In the event of only one streamer, a bot will be used to balance the sides, and the team with the bot will be required to kill it immediately, and no ships on either team may move until both CVs have been destroyed. The team with the bot is allowed to maneuver one ship towards the bot to expedite the bots destruction. The bot ship will be unarmed and static.

Can or can not teams move before killing the streamer and/or bot? Were talking 1-2 mins of no moving while the clock is counting down. If I'm not mistaken that time wasted not moving cost teams close games during the Summer League, that they would've won if they had had the time they normally would have.

This is a provision to allow teams to kill that bot on a larger map where it may spawn on the edge of their range.  I'll reword the rule to look more like this:  "In the even that the bot CV is out of range the team with the bot is allowed to maneuver one ship into range to kill the bot".  Summer series was 15 minutes per match, we'll be back to 20 minutes for season three.

No Flint? Why?

Because unlike the premium ships there isn't universal access.

Sportsmanship can be held against a team from an outside source? Does this mean in normal matches? WoW's forums? Seems a bit of an overstep into players personal/private play.  

The League reserves the right to place bans on any player, even if not directly involved with the League, in order to preserve the integrity and sportsmanship of the League.

It means we as league admins reserve the right to preemptively ban players from taking part in the league, we did this last season with a player to keep teams in the league. 

How will seeding for tie-breakers work in the end of season and also the Qualifier Tourney? How will overall record tie-breakers work? 

Placement is based off of W/L, and we overlooked this as we reformatted the rules so I'll make sure it gets corrected.  If your team is tied with a team with an identical W/L at the end of the season we'll use your record against the team your tied with.  For example Team 1 plays Team 3 twice, Team 1 wins the first match 2-0 and Team 3 wins the second match 2-1.  At seasons end Team 1 and Team 3 are tied in position, based on Team 1’s 2-0 win they will receive the higher seed position.

Rules infractions cost you an entire series? Why not single matches? Are you saying a Team that is ahead 2-1 in a playoff series has to forfeit the whole thing because of one infraction?

All of those should read game or match forfeit.  

Sanctioned Streamer list? Will the streamers be non-APOC affiliated. I would hate for people to have to come and watch matches and never hear a positive or even neutral comment made for their team, like last season.

Will streamers have any affect on scheduling?

Streamers will be working on the teams schedules.  We're always open to having more people stream Supremacy matches so if you have a streamer in time feel free to have them come talk to us.

Do these mulligans cover "Admin called resets" with the same timetable and restrictions? We're not talking 9 minutes into a match and we get a "reset" message in chat are we? And I'm not just talking about streamer spawns. I mean ANY reasons for the Admin to reset a game.

A mulligan is a way for a team to get a restart in the event of a disconnect for example, and as per the rules it must be done within 2 minutes and previous before any ships being shot.  An admin restart can take place at any point and isn't considered the use of a teams mulligan.  With that being said in the event of an admin restart the same time lines will apply as if a team called a mulligan, you'll have 5 minutes after the ships have returned to port to be back in the training room and both teams composition must remain the same.  

Admin resets will be on a case by case basis and may be used in any situation that happens that isn't specifically covered in the rules.  

I hope this clarifies things for you Silly and for anyone else who had questions on the rules, I have made some minor corrections to the rules document for clarity and brevity.

Edited by Vas79, 23 August 2016 - 03:33 PM.

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

Sillypuddi #7 Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:00 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Thanks, Vas! I know text doesn't show inflection but Deck and I were just curious about some of the rules, didn't want you to feel like we were putting you on the spot.

RHINO_Mk_II #8 Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Typo:

Block Quote

All matches must be played on the Saturday of that respective week, by 23:59 EDT/ EST.

Should read "by" instead of "on".

Also a suggestion:

When only 1 streamer is present, the opposite team may choose to enter battle with their own extra "inactive" CV who will destroy himself at game start in the same manner as the streamer to allow the match to play out normally.

Ranked Season 43rd place (70.23% wins) of 3550 players | Ranked Season 53rd place (72.73% wins) of 3484 players | Ranked Season 61st place (79.03% wins) of 4323 players

Supremacy League Season 21st place | Supremacy League Season 3 Gold Division1st place

Vas79 #9 Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostRHINO_Mk_II, on 23 August 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

Should read "by" instead of "on".

Also a suggestion:

When only 1 streamer is present, the opposite team may choose to enter battle with their own extra "inactive" CV who will destroy himself at game start in the same manner as the streamer to allow the match to play out normally.

I'll adjust the typo.  And we'll have a quick discussion over your suggestion tonight Rhino, but I'm all for allowing the teams to bring their own CV as opposed to a bot.

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

IdleGroot #10 Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:11 AM

Seaman

• Members

If a team has a dedicated Streamer (10th player), is he/she permitted to be the "Caller"?

If not, it may be worth adding to the rule set as I saw this in the Summer Slaughter.

warhawk67 #11 Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostIdleGroot, on 27 August 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

If a team has a dedicated Streamer (10th player), is he/she permitted to be the "Caller"?

If not, it may be worth adding to the rule set as I saw this in the Summer Slaughter.

I would add that I would hope that this would not be allowed.  Part of competing (at least in my experience) has been the added pressure to calling a battle while playing it at the same time.  What Idlegroot is describing not only takes away from the experience but may also put some teams at a disadvantage.  

Stout Hearts

-AK2-Warhawk

Macabe #12 Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:19 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

View PostIdleGroot, on 27 August 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

I would say that is effectively breaking the 9v9 rule.

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

SterlingArcher1942 #13 Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:10 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Supertester

View PostMacabe, on 28 August 2016 - 12:19 AM, said:

I would say that is effectively breaking the 9v9 rule.

There's probably a few different applicable rules, but I think Macabe has hit the most relevant one. In the meantime, I'll take another look over the rules yet again and decide if it's covered well enough, or if we want to further specify rules to account for this. 

Warship Supremacy League Co-Founder and Admin

Looking for a competitive warships experience? Feel free to message me or check out http://www.warshipsupremacyleague.com

FreebirdTHB #14 Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Stupid question probably but just to clarify.

Ships: Currently all ships (with the exception of the USS Flint) up to T8, premium and non-premium, are allowed within the league.

Does this mean this is not an exclusively Tier 8 season rather any tier up to and including 8 can be used this season?

Thanks.

Vas79 #15 Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostFreebirdTHB, on 01 September 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

Stupid question probably but just to clarify.

Ships: Currently all ships (with the exception of the USS Flint) up to T8, premium and non-premium, are allowed within the league.

Does this mean this is not an exclusively Tier 8 season rather any tier up to and including 8 can be used this season?

Yes that's correct, any ship up to T8 minus the Flint may be used.

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

SterlingArcher1942 #16 Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:02 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Supertester

Minor change to the ruleset:

Wording change from: Currently all ships (with the exception of the USS Flint) up to T8, premium and non-premium, are allowed within the league.

To: Currently all released ships (with the exception of the USS Flint) up to T8, premium and non-premium, are allowed within the league.

Reasoing: Wording meant to disallow ships only available to Supertesters and Wargaming Employees, as originally intended by the ruleset

Warship Supremacy League Co-Founder and Admin

Looking for a competitive warships experience? Feel free to message me or check out http://www.warshipsupremacyleague.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users