Happy Saturday Captains!
After the most recent Windows 10 updates, players who have their client set to Full Screen are experiencing a black screen when attempting to log-in, and then the client stops responding.
We are currently working with Microsoft to resolve this issue.
To avoid the issue, players can choose to set WoWS to "Windowed" or "Full-Screen Windowed" in their settings, or can choose to hold off on updating their Win 10 system.
Here are step by step instructions on adjusting the setting in WoWS:
- Open the game folder (e.g. C:\Games\World_of_Warships).
- Find 'Preferences.xml' file and open it with NotePad or similar text editing software.
- Find <windowMode> line
- Change this parameter to <windowMode>0<windowMode> , to activate the 'Windowed' mode or to <windowMode>2<windowMode> to activate 'Full-Screen windowed mode'
- Close the file saving all the changes.
- Delete 'preferences.xml' file.