List of modding tutorials

Tutorial Guide

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

garfield001 #1 Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I recently noticed that there are no easy way to get into modding. Tutorials are few and hard to find. I decided to make a little list of different tutorials I could find to help people who want to get into modding!

Some notes first :

• I do NOT take credit for any of these tutorials, unless specified otherwise. All the authors are mentioned and you should thank them, not me.
  • Some of these tutorials might be slightly out of date. However, I listed them because I think they are still relevant enough.
  • If you are a tutorial author and want your tutorial to be included or removed from the list, message me.

General

Tutorial to unpack WOWS files Version 0.5.5.0 or later

Created by BlueManCa

Multiple loading screens

Created by TheSupremeOne34

How to rename your ships!

Created by DarthDoge

How to rename commanders!

Created by DarthDoge

How to add a custom port

Created by IKU19

How To Add CustomPorts to your game 0.5.15.0+

Created by MasaruKondera

How to change the port name of the second custom port.

Created by iku_19

How To Create Your Own Video Login
Created by MajorRenegade

Crosshair Tutorial

Created by MajorRenegade

How the flag.atlas works together with the flag.dds file

Created by MasaruKondera

Textures and Camouflages

Creating Custom Ship Textures and Camouflages

Created by Battleship_YamatoKai

How to create your own skins

Created by prehistoric

Kooka's Skin Guide

Created by Kookaburras

How to make ship skins (0.5.5.0+) [Video]

Created by Aerroon [EU]

Skinning for World of Warships

Created by Afinda

Camouflage: Decoded

Created by dziban303

Sound

How to modify your in game sound effects

Created by NikoPower [WG Staff] [NA]

How to Create Voice mods (0.5.8.0 and onward)

Created by MajorRenegade

Sound Mod Creation Guide [0.5.2]

Created by MrConway [WG Staff] [EU]

Converting .wem to .ogg for sound mods

Created by DarthDoge

ARP

Removing ARP images (0.5.3.1)

Created by Amaruk

Getting rid of ARP voices

Created by MajorRenegade

Edited by garfield001, 09 March 2017 - 08:56 PM.

garfield001 #2 Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Reserved

MajorRenegade #3 Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

this one as well

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/26121-how-to-create-your-own-video-login-guide/

I still need to update the guide due to the fact that I figure out how to add sound again in a different way(even through it a little buggy, but still better then nothing). But I haven't gotten around to it yet

>Major Collection of Mods<<
   >>Join [ERN] Equestrian Royal Navy Today<<  http://ernavy.enjin.com

Big_Spud #4 Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:30 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

Model swapping is still next to impossible since the file structure changed a while back, unless someone managed to figure it out again.

Short, fat battlebote when.

Check out this thread to see how the community managed to rescue Alabama from mediocrity: http://forum.worldof...18#entry2868718

No stats, because posting with purple numbers makes your opinion worthless for some reason.

garfield001 #5 Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostMajorRenegade, on 20 August 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

this one as well

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/26121-how-to-create-your-own-video-login-guide/

I still need to update the guide due to the fact that I figure out how to add sound again in a different way(even through it a little buggy, but still better then nothing). But I haven't gotten around to it yet

Thanks Major, I was actually looking for that one but couldn't find it!

Supercell_Kid #6 Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:22 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

hi all great idea. would be great if there was a thread that brought together links to all the resources known. then using edits of the original post update it with the latest links. I have wanted to learn to mod for a long time, but have really struggled to find info on the type of modding I want to do. In particular I want to know how to make my own crosshair and warning icons. if anyone knows where I would find a tutorial on those, or other type of tutorial that would at least give me the knowledge to figure the rest out myself I would be most grateful o7
Ranked is Rank

MajorRenegade #7 Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:59 AM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostSupercell_Kid, on 24 August 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

hi all great idea. would be great if there was a thread that brought together links to all the resources known. then using edits of the original post update it with the latest links. I have wanted to learn to mod for a long time, but have really struggled to find info on the type of modding I want to do. In particular I want to know how to make my own crosshair and warning icons. if anyone knows where I would find a tutorial on those, or other type of tutorial that would at least give me the knowledge to figure the rest out myself I would be most grateful o7

for the warning icon, that easy. All you need is "JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler". unpack hub_lib.swf from res/gui/flash by using the unpacker.

Then open hub_lib.swf in Jpexs. In jpexs, click on the image folder and the warning icons should be around 300 numbers range. click on replace and replace them with your own images(icons). Then click save. :P

and now for the crosshair, you do the same as above with jpexs. But this time you need crosshairs.swf from res/gui/flash folder. Open crosshairs.swf and click on the image folder(tab). pick the biggest crosshair to work with, left click on the image in the side bar. Then pick the option "Export selection"

now start making your new crosshair in gimp or photoshop by using the crosshair you extracted as reference.

When you're done, put your modded crosshair into image #50 of the swf file(that is for type 1 crosshair)

Now here the fun part.

Click on the shape folder and pick #51. Left click>raw edit.

Let say my crosshair size is 1696x800. You just add an extra 0 to the end while editing space #51(image below). Don't forget to add the - sign in front of some of the numbers(as shown in image)

And for Shaperecords 1-4. Just double the number, simple. 16960x8000 become 33920x16000.

Don't forget to click save at the bottom bar when editing space and click save again under the file tab.

by doing this, it should put the center of your crosshair in the middle of the screen.

33nfidel #8 Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:18 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

I would dearly love to know where to make the changes to the battle layout.xml as the Compass elements mod was great but is borked on my resolution...?

Spoiler

Edited by 33nfidel, 26 August 2016 - 05:08 AM.

IF you really want to look na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1014514347/dark.png or http://static.wows-n.../1014514347.png

Malarkey_ #9 Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:31 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Any change of a "How to create crosshair" I am trying to mix the 2 default crosshairs with having the very small health bar, but keep the numbers around the crosshair.

garfield001 #10 Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

This has been asked many times, but I have never seen an actual tutorial for crosshairs. I have never had to make one so I have no idea how they work. Maybe someone would be nice enough to make a quick tutorial?

Alternatively, you could ask specifically DarthDoge or MajorRenegade. They are the ones who made the most guides in the OP. Maybe they could help you with that.

Cruiser_Louisville #11 Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Similarly, I'd really like to know if it's possible to mod the Dynamic crosshairs. I'm planning to make a Knights of Sidonia themed Minimalist UI at some point, and there's some pretty cool crosshairs in that anime that I'd love to use.

MajorRenegade #12 Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View Postgarfield001, on 23 January 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

This has been asked many times, but I have never seen an actual tutorial for crosshairs. I have never had to make one so I have no idea how they work. Maybe someone would be nice enough to make a quick tutorial?

Alternatively, you could ask specifically DarthDoge or MajorRenegade. They are the ones who made the most guides in the OP. Maybe they could help you with that.

what you mean? it right here in the thread. already been answered

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/92125-list-of-modding-tutorials/page__pid__2265340#entry2265340

View PostMalarkey_, on 23 January 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

Any change of a "How to create crosshair" I am trying to mix the 2 default crosshairs with having the very small health bar, but keep the numbers around the crosshair.

I still not sure what you mean by this. Also adding a health bar to the crosshair? sorry, don't know how to do that to lack of knowledge of coding a swf file or whatever. beside what Hootorez showed me on how to mod crosshair and edit xml files for anti mirror ship icons.

garfield001 #13 Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostMajorRenegade, on 24 January 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

*cough* I knew this... I was testing you... :hiding:

garfield001 #14 Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Added NikoPower's How to modify your in game sound effects.

garfield001 #15 Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Added MasaruKondera's flag tutorial.

Also tagged with Tutorial, Guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users