So, Do you want a Scharnhorst?

Contest Scharnhorst

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

BrainzO_O #21 Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Holy! Nearly missed this post... Time to stop my grinding towards Moskva and Zao and start seal clubbing... :great:

taut #22 Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:13 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View PostIzolyn, on 17 August 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Do I win? :trollface:

http://imgur.com/a/eP6EF

Personal Score
Team List (They're all German BBs.)

Disclaimer: This is not an actual entry. Unless you allow Training Room. Then yes, yes it is an actual entry, and I will upload a replay posthaste.

This is fine work:medal:

I guess i was a bit to harsh in my wordage...

sarcasm sometimes doesn't make it through :P

RedSeaBear #23 Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Ok here is my entry in the contest. 

Kami R on Fault Line, managed to sink 4 German Battles ship, slightly damaged a 5th total damage to the German pride 135,524. 

Result screens

~Admiral of the Sinksalot Fleet~

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Make Super Containers Great Again

RumblingMouse #24 Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Well, RIP my chances of getting first but maybe I can clutch a Tachibana (in doubloons since I have one already)

GJ m8ty

Edited by RumblingMouse, 18 August 2016 - 10:00 PM.

I know that my profile picture is of a hedgehog and not a mouse.

And its a hedgehog, not a porcupine.

taut #25 Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:21 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View PostRedSeaBear, on 18 August 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

Kami R on Fault Line, managed to sink 4 German Battles ship, slightly damaged a 5th total damage to the German pride 135,524. 

Result screens

o.O

ooo wow

Well Done Red, wonder if anyone can top that. Gonna watch the replay right now:great:

Izolyn #26 Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:01 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostRedSeaBear, on 18 August 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Result screens

...welp, there go my dreams. :hiding:

Unless maybe I work my way up to Minekaze and suddenly become amazing at DDs. (...yeah, no.)

If you happen to catch me online, feel free to hit me up for a division. Currently, I have at least one ship of every tier except 9.

taut #27 Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:49 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View PostIzolyn, on 18 August 2016 - 10:01 PM, said:

...welp, there go my dreams. :hiding:

Unless maybe I work my way up to Minekaze and suddenly become amazing at DDs. (...yeah, no.)

The MM plays a huge role, then you have to capitalize. Reds score will be tough to follow but there is a second place and you never know the stars could align:)

LordGomes #28 Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

My Kamikaze awaits. 

"I like big battleships and I can not lie.

You other cruisers can't deny,

that when a destroyer sails in with an itty-bitty hull and torpedoes in your face you get sunk!" ~ his excellency, Lord Gomes

Izolyn #29 Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:30 AM

Ensign

• Members

View Postslak__, on 18 August 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

The MM plays a huge role, then you have to capitalize. Reds score will be tough to follow but there is a second place and you never know the stars could align:)

Right now, I have second place...XD Somewhat by default as there's only the two scores so far (I edited in an actual submission into my first post, in case you hadn't noticed), but hey.

Still going to keep trying for first place - Scharnhorst is something I'd buy for myself if I could, but I don't have the funds available right now and probably won't before the sale ends, so very much want - but I haven't had a damage total period that matches Red's score up until now (highest damage done in one battle: 125,799), so that kind of ridiculous number is a bit disheartening. There's always the hope of another contest with a Scharnhorst prize, though.

Come to think of it, when you say "Campbeltown or equivalent in doubloons," do you mean "your choice of Campbeltown or Doubloons", or is it "Campbeltown, or Doubloons if you already have it"?

If you happen to catch me online, feel free to hit me up for a division. Currently, I have at least one ship of every tier except 9.

taut #30 Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:11 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View PostIzolyn, on 18 August 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

Come to think of it, when you say "Campbeltown or equivalent in doubloons," do you mean "your choice of Campbeltown or Doubloons", or is it "Campbeltown, or Doubloons if you already have it"?

I will give anybody Doubloons over a prize if they prefer it, some people may not want a low tier prem and if you sell it all you get is Creds. Or I can gift the equivalent in Doubs and players can save them up and buy something they want, like the Atago:). If a player already owns the gifted prem they get Doubloons. Makes no difference to me one way or the other, but If i could only have one premium in game it would be Atlanta or Atago and you can save up for those with Doubs.

View PostIzolyn, on 18 August 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

Still going to keep trying for first place - Scharnhorst is something I'd buy for myself if I could, but I don't have the funds available right now and probably won't before the sale ends, so very much want - but I haven't had a damage total period that matches Red's score up until now (highest damage done in one battle: 125,799), so that kind of ridiculous number is a bit disheartening. There's always the hope of another contest with a Scharnhorst prize, though.

I'm going to brainstorm and come up with a way that will even the playing field, wanted to do a T1 AP contest for this but WG nerfed the Hermelin:(, regardless it is still a game and rewarding skill and performance is as good a metric that exists. Scharn will come up for sale again if you miss out on her this time, or WG will release some other awesome new ship.

Make sure you post a score though, I won't be posting mine for obvious reasons but I rarely put up a number like Red did even when Im trying to kill any red ship on the map:D.

collisionSpace #31 Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

My first entry - 97,247

wows replay link

Score

Damage / report

This is highly situational - it's fun to try and I congratulate those putting in the big scores

Edited by collisionSpace, 20 August 2016 - 01:27 AM.

taut #32 Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View PostcollisionSpace, on 19 August 2016 - 05:08 AM, said:

My first entry - 97,247

wows replay link

Score

Damage / report

:great:

Edited by slak__, 19 August 2016 - 11:29 AM.

RumblingMouse #33 Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postslak__, on 18 August 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

I will give anybody Doubloons over a prize if they prefer it, some people may not want a low tier prem and if you sell it all you get is Creds. Or I can gift the equivalent in Doubs and players can save them up and buy something they want, like the Atago:). If a player already owns the gifted prem they get Doubloons. Makes no difference to me one way or the other, but If i could only have one premium in game it would be Atlanta or Atago and you can save up for those with Doubs.

I'm going to brainstorm and come up with a way that will even the playing field, wanted to do a T1 AP contest for this but WG nerfed the Hermelin:(, regardless it is still a game and rewarding skill and performance is as good a metric that exists. Scharn will come up for sale again if you miss out on her this time, or WG will release some other awesome new ship.

Make sure you post a score though, I won't be posting mine for obvious reasons but I rarely put up a number like Red did even when Im trying to kill any red ship on the map:D.

I think the new HE should still work though, because everything is nerfed it would be even harder to get high damage counts in low tier games :)

RumblingMouse #34 Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

This was such a good game but I missed the last set of torpedoes so I'm still behind Red by like 1500 dmg ;_;

y u so pro red

TOTAL DAMAGE: 134461

Images

taut #35 Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:26 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View PostRumblingMouse, on 19 August 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

This was such a good game but I missed the last set of torpedoes so I'm still behind Red by like 1500 dmg ;_;

y u so pro red

Images

dayum rumble wd:playing:

RedSeaBear #36 Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:31 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostRumblingMouse, on 19 August 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

y u so pro red

Images

Why do I get the feeling I'm gonna have to keep playing to get a better score than my present one. :amazed:

Nice game by the way. 

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

RumblingMouse #37 Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

u shud gib a 3rd place award equal to tachibana

plz   :happy_fish:

RumblingMouse #38 Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostRedSeaBear, on 19 August 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

Why do I get the feeling I'm gonna have to keep playing to get a better score than my present one. :amazed:

Nice game by the way. 

thx, I was really excited to get over your score but then the konig enabled its wasd hax  :(

RedSeaBear #39 Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostRumblingMouse, on 19 August 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

thx, I was really excited to get over your score but then the konig enabled its wasd hax  :(

I would have had a better score if the first Kaiser I saw hadn't used WASD hax to dodge my wave of torps into him. But the joke was on him, he WASD right into another wave of torps from a friendly destroyer. 

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

taut #40 Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

I'd like to think I played a small part in this, if even only minuscule :) . Its like a perfect storm, offer a cool ship and have about 10000 BBs in the que:D

View PostRumblingMouse, on 19 August 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

I think the new HE should still work though, because everything is nerfed it would be even harder to get high damage counts in low tier games :)

I think if/when I do this again Im going to let players submit three, maybe five scores and then take an average. Make rewards based off of a either avg base exp or damage over a set amount of games.

Edited by slak__, 19 August 2016 - 09:00 PM.

Also tagged with Contest, Scharnhorst

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users