Jump to content


German carriers will they be added

Aircraft carrier german line premium

  • Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

El_Judarino #21 Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Testers

  • 1,654
  • Member since:
    04-10-2015

View PostTheHunter2_EAD, on 19 August 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

 

What I said is a maybe or What if. Beside just Graf Zeppelin only premium CV things may get boring. At least with Graf Zeppelin can we have German CV 2 or On paper Jade class CV?

 

I confess to being a bit troll-ish with the first part of my reply

The last paragraph though I think should give you some hope. As I understand it, there are enough plans, designs conversions, etc. to make a German (and Russian and French, possibly Italian too) CV line. What WG presently lacks is a sufficient array of possible carrier capable aircraft to ride around on those CVs.

*IF* WG can make carrier play some how fun and engaging for a decent chunk of the player base (and have the rest of the players only moderately up in arms about the fact that people "dare to ruin their games with carriers" :sceptic:) then I think you'll see a way found to include the more obscure possible CV lines (probably with just blatant digital conversions of land based planes where necessary).

So, here's to hoping WG can fix the interface, reasonably balance CVs and that the (likely) premium Graf Zeppelin is enough of a success to drag German CVs into digital existence some day (as I like new ships of most any sort as long as they're reasonably balanced). 
 

TheHunter2_EAD #22 Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:45 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 353
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Link to another Forum: http://forum.worldof...0#entry2299040​ What I said on this Forum:

View Posthipcanuck, on 02 September 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

Jade, Seydlitz (Wesser I think), Graf Zep and Europa were the only planned carriers or conversions that were considered, all of which had limited aircraft compliments, with the Graf and the Europa being the only carriers operating more than 20ish planes, and then only 30-40. Realistically anything over tier 6 is grasping at thin air from a plane compliment point of view. Of course, WG could make the German planes indestructible so you could have a tier 10 with 40 aircraft lol.

^ I agree with u on everything. The Question is how many Squadrons for the German CV: 5 or less/more?  Graf Zep: 41 planes of  Arado Ar 19​ or/upgrade to ​Bf 109 F dive & torp JU 87 D-4. German CV 1915 (Ausonia) had 23 to 30 of fighters, torp, & dive. Europa: 24 Bf 109 T & 18 JU 87 C dive bomber. German CV 2 (Half finish French Cruiser): 11 Bf 109 T & 12 Ju 87 D. Jade: 12 of Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. Weser: 10 of  Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. If WG going to put them in as a nomal or 2 or 3  Premium ships witch of 6 German CV that is the Question. This goes up to tier 9 missing a 10.


I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.
 

Carrier_Lexington #23 Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 611
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View PostTheHunter2_EAD, on 25 September 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

Link to another Forum: http://forum.worldof...0#entry2299040​ What I said on this Forum:

^ I agree with u on everything. The Question is how many Squadrons for the German CV: 5 or less/more?  Graf Zep: 41 planes of  Arado Ar 19​ or/upgrade to ​Bf 109 F dive & torp JU 87 D-4. German CV 1915 (Ausonia) had 23 to 30 of fighters, torp, & dive. Europa: 24 Bf 109 T & 18 JU 87 C dive bomber. German CV 2 (Half finish French Cruiser): 11 Bf 109 T & 12 Ju 87 D. Jade: 12 of Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. Weser: 10 of  Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. If WG going to put them in as a nomal or 2 or 3  Premium ships witch of 6 German CV that is the Question. This goes up to tier 9 missing a 10.

 

Germany is probably going to be like the America of the Axis. They had some very good fighter planes (like the Fw. 190 and the Bf. 109), but they were not so great in terms of torpedo aircraft (most were land-based heavy bombers). However, I expect German dive bombers to be excellent, as the Stuka was one of the most fearsome dive bombers of all time (even if it wasn't because of the bomb it carried, but the psychological warfare associated with the high-pitched demonic screech of the plane as it attacked a target. Personally, I don't think that Stukas should suffer panic circles, as the screech from the bombing should scare the AAA crews and suppress their fire. Same with the one of the US planes modified to do the same thing. I've actually listened to the Stuka, and it would be absolutely terrifying to have that coming towards you.)


"Heresy!"


Creepershark77 #24 Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:37 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 325
  • Member since:
    09-11-2016
For torpedo bombers, I think they should use Fw 190 F-8/U3, since the real Graf Zeppelin was going to use biplane torpedo bombers, and compared to the Stuka and the Bf 109, that isn't going to work well in a high tier game, so using the F-8/U3 is going to be a better option since it'll be on the same level as the other aircraft being used.







 


TheHunter2_EAD #25 Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:23 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 353
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostCreepershark77, on 27 September 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

For torpedo bombers, I think they should use Fw 190 F-8/U3, since the real Graf Zeppelin was going to use biplane torpedo bombers, and compared to the Stuka and the Bf 109, that isn't going to work well in a high tier game, so using the F-8/U3 is going to be a better option since it'll be on the same level as the other aircraft being used.

^ I agree.


I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.
 

Carrier_Lexington #26 Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:35 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 611
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View PostTheHunter2_EAD, on 17 August 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

^ True. Graf Zeppelin is the only German CV they almost complete. And other 4 German CV are: German CV 1 (1942) & German CV 2 (made out of incomplete French cruiser De Grasse never finish), & on paper Jade-class CV. With German Cruiser Seyditz the Fourth Hipper was incomplete trying to make into CV but scrap. If they had more time to finish them in time they could made a difference. 

 

There were other designs, though, like large Atlantic raider-carriers. These were never put into production, but, if they had, it would have probably changed the course of the war of the Atlantic.

"Heresy!"


TheHunter2_EAD #27 Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:09 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 353
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostRaze_3, on 29 September 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

 

There were other designs, though, like large Atlantic raider-carriers. These were never put into production, but, if they had, it would have probably changed the course of the war of the Atlantic.

 

​It would be fun to have Atlantic Raider-Carriers in WoWS.  It will make things interesting in a fight.

The Question now is how many Squadrons for the German CV: 5 or less/more?  Graf Zep: 41 planes of  Arado Ar 19​ or/upgrade to ​Bf 109 F dive & torp JU 87 D-4. German CV 1915 (Ausonia) had 23 to 30 of fighters, torp, & dive. Europa: 24 Bf 109 T & 18 JU 87 C dive bomber. German CV 2 (Half finish French Cruiser): 11 Bf 109 T & 12 Ju 87 D. Jade: 12 of Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. Weser: 10 of  Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. If WG going to put them in as a normal or 2 or 3  Premium ships witch of 6 German CV that is the Question. This goes up to tier 9 missing a 10.


Edited by TheHunter2_EAD, 30 September 2016 - 09:11 PM.

I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.
 

Carrier_Lexington #28 Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:04 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 611
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View PostTheHunter2_EAD, on 30 September 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

 

​It would be fun to have Atlantic Raider-Carriers in WoWS.  It will make things interesting in a fight.

The Question now is how many Squadrons for the German CV: 5 or less/more?  Graf Zep: 41 planes of  Arado Ar 19​ or/upgrade to ​Bf 109 F dive & torp JU 87 D-4. German CV 1915 (Ausonia) had 23 to 30 of fighters, torp, & dive. Europa: 24 Bf 109 T & 18 JU 87 C dive bomber. German CV 2 (Half finish French Cruiser): 11 Bf 109 T & 12 Ju 87 D. Jade: 12 of Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. Weser: 10 of  Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. If WG going to put them in as a normal or 2 or 3  Premium ships witch of 6 German CV that is the Question. This goes up to tier 9 missing a 10.

 

I mean, practically any land-launched fighter can be launched off of a carrier if you give it a tail-hook and train the pilot. I think that, to remain competitive, the Germans need larger squads of strike aircraft, but smaller fighter squads, as the Focke-Wulfe.190 was a stellar aircraft, as were many other German fighters. However, the number of squads... I'm not sure about that. Hopefully more at Tier 7 and 8 than the Americans currently get...

"Heresy!"


Creepershark77 #29 Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 325
  • Member since:
    09-11-2016

View PostTheHunter2_EAD, on 29 September 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

^ I agree.

 

Thanks for the support







 


TheHunter2_EAD #30 Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:29 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 353
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostRaze_3, on 01 October 2016 - 09:04 PM, said:

 

I mean, practically any land-launched fighter can be launched off of a carrier if you give it a tail-hook and train the pilot. I think that, to remain competitive, the Germans need larger squads of strike aircraft, but smaller fighter squads, as the Focke-Wulfe.190 was a stellar aircraft, as were many other German fighters. However, the number of squads... I'm not sure about that. Hopefully more at Tier 7 and 8 than the Americans currently get...

 

​So the layout of German CV similar to the Saipan squads? If so that cool.
I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.
 

Carrier_Lexington #31 Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 611
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View PostTheHunter2_EAD, on 02 October 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

 

​So the layout of German CV similar to the Saipan squads? If so that cool.

 

Possibly, although I'm no expert on balance. Hopefully, there won't be an option for 3 fighters.

"Heresy!"


TheHunter2_EAD #32 Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:58 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 353
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostRaze_3, on 02 October 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

 

Possibly, although I'm no expert on balance. Hopefully, there won't be an option for 3 fighters.

Let's hope. My opinion for 4 Fighter than 3 fighters.


Edited by TheHunter2_EAD, 07 October 2016 - 07:43 PM.

I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.
 

TheHunter2_EAD #33 Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:44 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 353
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostCreepershark77, on 02 October 2016 - 09:14 AM, said:

 

Thanks for the support

 

​Ur welcome. Is what I do on the Forums & on the Game.
I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.
 

TheHunter2_EAD #34 Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 353
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Can we continue plz on the debate on this subject?  
I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.
 

Carrier_Lexington #35 Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 611
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View PostTheHunter2_EAD, on 03 October 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

Let's hope. My opinion for 4 Fighter than 3 fighters.

 

No, I mean, 3 fighter squads as opposed to 3 fighter aircraft.

"Heresy!"


TheHunter2_EAD #36 Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:49 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 353
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostRaze_3, on 10 October 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

 

No, I mean, 3 fighter squads as opposed to 3 fighter aircraft.

 

Alright I'm good with that.
I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.
 

Cobia_38 #37 Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:47 PM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 14
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

View PostCreepershark77, on 27 September 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

For torpedo bombers, I think they should use Fw 190 F-8/U3, since the real Graf Zeppelin was going to use biplane torpedo bombers, and compared to the Stuka and the Bf 109, that isn't going to work well in a high tier game, so using the F-8/U3 is going to be a better option since it'll be on the same level as the other aircraft being used.

 

190s (any variant) would never get off a carrier flight deck,they had too high of wingload and required longer runways then the 109s

actually the only 109s that would do it would be the E or F models. maybe a G2 or K4 if it was light on fuel.

JU 87 would be the best choice for attack role,but they are slower then a school bus on cinder blocks lol

Also as a reminder to those who are ignorant of naval aviation,air cooled engines are the top preferance over liquid cooled,due to the durability and ease of maintenance.

Bottom line is that Germans never had a dedicated naval aviation program,there fore any ships that WG would add to the fleet would be loaded with fantasy planes.



Creepershark77 #38 Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:58 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 325
  • Member since:
    09-11-2016

View PostCobia_38, on 20 October 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

 

190s (any variant) would never get off a carrier flight deck,they had too high of wingload and required longer runways then the 109s

actually the only 109s that would do it would be the E or F models. maybe a G2 or K4 if it was light on fuel.

JU 87 would be the best choice for attack role,but they are slower then a school bus on cinder blocks lol

Also as a reminder to those who are ignorant of naval aviation,air cooled engines are the top preferance over liquid cooled,due to the durability and ease of maintenance.

Bottom line is that Germans never had a dedicated naval aviation program,there fore any ships that WG would add to the fleet would be loaded with fantasy planes.

 

It doesn't have to be 100% realistic, wargaming does balance these things out. As an example, all german dreadnoughts of WWI had torpedoes, but wargaming didn't give them that because that would be incredibly broken as a Nassau launches torpedoes at enemy ships when they get close enough and cause massive damage.







 


Cobia_38 #39 Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:48 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 14
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

View PostCreepershark77, on 20 October 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

 

It doesn't have to be 100% realistic, wargaming does balance these things out. As an example, all german dreadnoughts of WWI had torpedoes, but wargaming didn't give them that because that would be incredibly broken as a Nassau launches torpedoes at enemy ships when they get close enough and cause massive damage.

 

Then i want a catapult launched B29 for my NM with fat boy bomb,,,,,,,,,game over

Creepershark77 #40 Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:31 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 325
  • Member since:
    09-11-2016

View PostCobia_38, on 20 October 2016 - 09:48 PM, said:

 

Then i want a catapult launched B29 for my NM with fat boy bomb,,,,,,,,,game over

 

I said it wouldn't be 100% realistic to BALANCE it against other aircraft carriers of tiers 6-7. And what you just said isn't balanced for the game in the slightest, so the point your trying to make here is invalid.







 






Also tagged with Aircraft carrier, german, line, premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users