German carriers will they be added

Aircraft carrier german line premium

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

TheHunter2_EAD #101 Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostHMS_Formidable, on 20 May 2017 - 06:45 AM, said:

yeah, the simplistic carrier mechanics cant handle much more than US, IJN carrier doctrine.

There is no way to accommodate RN night / foul weather torpedo strike doctrine, for example.

There is no way to accommodate the force-multiplying effect of the RN invention of radar fighter direction.

Nor does it take into account the need for accurate sighting reports (why the RN wanted navigators on most of its aircraft)

The Illustrious types could be good DD killers, though, with their 16x 4.5s that could shoot over the deck...

Dont expect much from armour decks tho given Taiho, and I am sure the fire-resistance of the enclosed hangars wont suit any 'flavour' WoWS desires to give the RN.

And kamikazes arent modelled either (fortunately for the Essexes)

So yeah, better the RN carriers arent introduced to such limited mechanics

As for Graf Zeppelin's air wing, it depends on the carrier's tier obviously

Given her design was based on a tour of the HMS Corageous/Glorious, I dont expect it to be all that high.

Therefore 109Ts, ju87Cs and the fiesler biplanes.

This was contemporary to the F3F/Dauntless/Devastator and Fulmar/Albacore (1940-41)

Italy's Aquilia could justify a higher tier given the work on converting fighter-bombers for her...

​^ I can agree. Someone made Fan base HMS CV tree mine is up there it's on maybe side and other players are more Heavy CV side:http://forum.worldof...51#entry3006151

I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.

Also tagged with Aircraft carrier, german, line, premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users