German carriers will they be added

Aircraft carrier german line premium

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

metalhualer5165 #1 Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:30 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Wargaming are you planning on adding German carriers to WoWs in a line or a premium ship. If anyone else thinks that German carriers may be a good idea to add this ship class to the German tech tree in a premium or a line let's talk about it. I think that adding German CVs will add more diversity to WoWs in gameplay and choices of every player in the game.

Nuk_ #2 Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:31 PM

Commander

• Supertester

They're probably gonna come eventually, but it's gonna be a few years.

BladedPheonix #3 Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:35 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester

doubt it, Germany only had 1 CV design. SO maybe they might make the Graf Zeplin a premium CV, but given how Everyone complained how OP the Saipan was, I doubt WG would even do this as well!:read_fish:

metalhualer5165 #4 Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:42 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Well its an idea plus the saipan is a tier 7 with tier 9 planes. The Graf Zeppelin could be a tier 7 carrier premium with tier 8 or tier 7 planes. 

Unabletony #5 Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:51 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Hold up

Only two posts.

Also....

eh

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

GrandAdmiral_2016 #6 Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

In M.J Whitley's German Capital Ships of World War II, there are 4 other alternative designs discussed, two large Atlantic raider carriers with heavy guns (11-inch in two turrets forward of the flight deck-hybrid carriers that could handle about 36 navalized airplanes like the Bf109 and the Ju87) and two light fleet carrier types that could handle between 24 and 36 aircraft each depending on the load-out required for the mission. That gives you a range from about Tier 5 to Tier 10 including Graf Zepplin. It would be interesting to see these in the game, especially the hybrids. Who knows? WoWs does weird things sometimes

Destroyer_WolfgangZenker #7 Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:00 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostBladedPheonix, on 14 August 2016 - 12:35 AM, said:

doubt it, Germany only had 1 CV design. SO maybe they might make the Graf Zeplin a premium CV, but given how Everyone complained how OP the Saipan was, I doubt WG would even do this as well!:read_fish:

And russians had 1 cruiser and 1 dd but that didn't stop WG for making 2 entire lines

Also they said that they will make another prem CV since saipan didn't broke the game ( see QandAs )

Edited by PrinzMakaay, 13 August 2016 - 11:03 PM.

I have the guts to do what’s right even when everyone else just runs away.

MeKanism #8 Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostPrinzMakaay, on 13 August 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

And russians had 1 cruiser and 1 dd but that didn't stop WG for making 2 entire lines

Complete Super-Unicum right here

Ravioli, Ravioli, what's in the pocket-oli

Blutbad #9 Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:02 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

There were enough designs to fill out a complete lineup for the Kriegsmarine but in light of the present CV predicament I don't see anyone rushing to welcome a new CV line, mind you the RN had a much more credible lineup.

metalhualer5165 #10 Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:17 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostGrandAdmiral_2016, on 13 August 2016 - 10:54 PM, said:

In M.J Whitley's German Capital Ships of World War II, there are 4 other alternative designs discussed, two large Atlantic raider carriers with heavy guns (11-inch in two turrets forward of the flight deck-hybrid carriers that could handle about 36 navalized airplanes like the Bf109 and the Ju87) and two light fleet carrier types that could handle between 24 and 36 aircraft each depending on the load-out required for the mission. That gives you a range from about Tier 5 to Tier 10 including Graf Zepplin. It would be interesting to see these in the game, especially the hybrids. Who knows? WoWs does weird things sometimes

That is a very good way of thinking of the tier system something different than tier 4 to 10. Tier 5 to 10 or Tier 6 to 10 CVs for the germans would be something different.

Sir_Apocolypse #11 Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

Ensign

• Members

Most likely 1 premium and that's it.

Too Many ships too list...over 110 now....
Clan:  KNIGHTS OF THE ABYSS
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @ 4.0ghz, ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO Z97, CORSAIR DDR3-1600 16GB, 
EVGA GTX970 x2SLI, EVGA SUPERNOVA1300G2 PSU, 

250GB SAMSUNG SSD x2 RAID0, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL HDD, CORSAIR H100I CPU COOLER, CASE CORSAIR AIR 540, WINDOWS 10 X64  20MBup/150MBdown

Macabe #12 Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:42 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

I don't see why they couldn't

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

ForgMaxtor #13 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:01 AM

Ensign

• Members

Certainly possible, but I can't see them tackling German CVs until they've done RN CVs AND German DDs, two lines that have much more basis in actual, historically constructed ships.

So I suspect it will be quite a while before they get to a full German CV line, if ever.

A one-off German premium CV would be more probable, IMHO.

Edited by ForgMaxtor, 14 August 2016 - 12:12 AM.

metalhualer5165 #14 Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostForgMaxtor, on 14 August 2016 - 12:01 AM, said:

Certainly possible, but I can't see them tackling German CVs until they've done RN CVs AND German DDs, two lines that have much more basis in actual, historically constructed ships.

So I suspect it will be quite a while before they get to a full German CV line, if ever.

A one-off German premium CV would be more probable, IMHO.

I think that WG would add the german CVs after these two as well

Carrier_Junyo #15 Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

WG should take it easy on paper ships. So as others have stayed, the Graf Zeppelin was the closest Germany got to launching a carrier, so perhaps bringing her into the game as a Premium. 

The next Carrier line should be RN as the third most sifnificant carrier naval power after US and IJN. 

The second carrier lines or CVE lines for IJN and US ate more historically relavant.

WG, please remove Air Superiority Carrier loadouts from the game. I'm sure that if you looked at Air Superiority Win Rates vs Balanced or Strike Win Rates, your data will show you the vast inferiority of this loadout in its ability to help their team's chances to win. Meanwhile, they are encouraging the balanced or strike CV player to stop playing CVs due to decreasing their enjoyment of the game and creating frustration. Removing Air Superiority loadouts, and "re-balancing" the balanced and strike loadouts is the easiest fix to the current CV problem. Match the air power of both nations for equivalent loadouts. Ideally, players should be able to select their loadouts in-game, not in port. This way, they are able to adapt to enemy CV's actions and it adds an extra element of tactics and strategy, rather than being at a disadvantage already at Port. 

pyantoryng #16 Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

There was one Ar 197 premium aircraft back when WoWP had Carrier-based Fighter designation...it was removed because there was only one plane with that designation in the German tree, ever: Itself. It was only reinstated after the "Multirole fighters" category that encompasses ordnance-capable fighters was introduced...

I wouldn't be so sure about one-off premium in an established tree...it makes the specialized crew for the said one-off unusable elsewhere.

aethervox #17 Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:31 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

You can bet WoWS will eventually offer, at least, a premium Graf Zeppelin.

There will be plenty of players willing to pay for one.

Premiums are one of the most lucrative methods for WG to get players to part with their money.

TheHunter2_EAD #18 Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:16 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postaethervox, on 16 August 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

You can bet WoWS will eventually offer, at least, a premium Graf Zeppelin.

There will be plenty of players willing to pay for one.

Premiums are one of the most lucrative methods for WG to get players to part with their money.

^ True. Graf Zeppelin is the only German CV they almost complete. And other 4 German CV are: German CV 1 (1942) & German CV 2 (made out of incomplete French cruiser De Grasse never finish), & on paper Jade-class CV. With German Cruiser Seyditz the Fourth Hipper was incomplete trying to make into CV but scrap. If they had more time to finish them in time they could made a difference. 

I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.

El_Judarino #19 Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostTheHunter2_EAD, on 17 August 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

^ True. Graf Zeppelin is the only German CV they almost complete. And other 4 German CV are: German CV 1 (1942) & German CV 2 (made out of incomplete French cruiser De Grasse never finish), & on paper Jade-class CV. With German Cruiser Seyditz the Fourth Hipper was incomplete trying to make into CV but scrap. If they had more time to finish them in time they could made a difference. 

Lol, the only difference completed CVs would have made for Germany in WW2 would have been denying steel and machinists to the construction of tanks, meaning the Russians roll them harder and the iron curtain would have been further west than IRL. 

But, it would make a German CV line a higher probability if they had.

All that said, I think Graf Zepplin will happen eventually (it should print $$! For WG). There are enough carrier designs and proposed conversions to fudge a full carrier line (this is also true of France and Russia, not sure about Italy). The bigger issue is the shortage of appropriate aircraft for the carriers  (except for France). The largest issue is the presently sorry state of carrier gameplay. If WG can actually make the interface fun/easy to use and if they can ever figure out exactly what it is they want CVs to *do* in game  (in such a manner that makes a fair slice of the player base willing to play them), then we are far more likely to see new CV lines added.

TheHunter2_EAD #20 Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:52 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostTheHunter2_EAD, on 17 August 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

View PostEl_Judarino, on 17 August 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

Lol, the only difference completed CVs would have made for Germany in WW2 would have been denying steel and machinists to the construction of tanks, meaning the Russians roll them harder and the iron curtain would have been further west than IRL. 

But, it would make a German CV line a higher probability if they had.

All that said, I think Graf Zepplin will happen eventually (it should print $$! For WG). There are enough carrier designs and proposed conversions to fudge a full carrier line (this is also true of France and Russia, not sure about Italy). The bigger issue is the shortage of appropriate aircraft for the carriers  (except for France). The largest issue is the presently sorry state of carrier gameplay. If WG can actually make the interface fun/easy to use and if they can ever figure out exactly what it is they want CVs to *do* in game  (in such a manner that makes a fair slice of the player base willing to play them), then we are far more likely to see new CV lines added.

What I said is a maybe or What if. Beside just Graf Zeppelin only premium CV things may get boring. At least with Graf Zeppelin can we have German CV 2 or On paper Jade class CV?

I run all CV Tiers:
IJN: all
USN: all
Kriegsmarine​: still in process of negotiate for it come to game
​U.S.S.R.: ask Xero_Snake how it going on it
​HMS: still in process
France: Béarn ​need to negotiate​
​Italian:  Aquila need to negotiate
​Except for few other ship class for a small fleet.

Also tagged with Aircraft carrier, german, line, premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users