New Rules Violations Policy in effect starting this afternoon

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

In_Cog_Neato #21 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:05 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostCapnCappy, on 13 August 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

FYI to the mods. The (some of the) rules still mention tanks instead of ships.

This is exactly what I was pointing out...

https://na.wargaming...kb/articles/680

Is written for Tanks, Not Ships.   I suggest a gentle re-write, so that the rules would properly apply to Ships.

pmgaudio #22 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:21 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostAussie_Aussie_Aussie, on 13 August 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

I have  been chat banned already. I asked some players in a div to stop using the foul language they were using and reminded them that young children could be playing. I was promptly inundated with racial slurs and abuse. then focus fired by everyone including some team mates. They said stfu and asked me if I have heard of freedom of speech and that I should go and have sex with a wallaby. When I got back to port I had been chat banned!!. I submitted a ticket , but guess what no answer. I don't have a replay cause I forgot to activate it after I installed on a new PC. Please explain what I am to do about this. or do I just accept this flawed system and move on. Also is it possible the WG could have replays as a in game option? This is the second time I have been chat banned now. The first one was well and truly deserved. I did not understand how many times I vented my frustration of my own bad play on others. I would suggest everyone does a quick self check on what you type when your "having a bad day" as I didn't really realise how salty I can get. So my apologies to any I have offended in the past. Please look into something regarding this abuse of a well meaning policy.

I was under the impression that the Chat you are reported for in game, gets a look at by a MOD to see what you said, or didn't say and then the appropriate action is taken...
Seems to me, this is not the case, as you just got a few children hit the report "Misbehavior in chat" option and you just got banned by report....
I think perhaps the system is NOT going to be good for anyone if this is going to happen... just sayin

You could then NOT say a word in chat and three people who dont like you report you and BAM!@!!! chatban....

Edited by pmgaudio, 14 August 2016 - 12:24 AM.

“Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

:child:

pmgaudio #23 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:27 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostImaKillYou, on 13 August 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

Just a lil FYI:

The ingame report system is NOT part of this. All reports must me submitted via ticket to support. All reports must have PROOF (screenshot/replay/chatlog) of rule violation. All reports will be checked by WG employee, and then a warning/strike will be issued. All warnings/strikes can be appealed. Also, filing false reports gets the reportee warnings/strikes.

so what happened HERE??:

View PostAussie_Aussie_Aussie, on 13 August 2016 - 11:10 PM, said:

I have  been chat banned already. I asked some players in a div to stop using the foul language they were using and reminded them that young children could be playing. I was promptly inundated with racial slurs and abuse. then focus fired by everyone including some team mates. They said stfu and asked me if I have heard of freedom of speech and that I should go and have sex with a wallaby. When I got back to port I had been chat banned!!. I submitted a ticket , but guess what no answer. I don't have a replay cause I forgot to activate it after I installed on a new PC. Please explain what I am to do about this. or do I just accept this flawed system and move on. Also is it possible the WG could have replays as a in game option? This is the second time I have been chat banned now. The first one was well and truly deserved. I did not understand how many times I vented my frustration of my own bad play on others. I would suggest everyone does a quick self check on what you type when your "having a bad day" as I didn't really realise how salty I can get. So my apologies to any I have offended in the past. Please look into something regarding this abuse of a well meaning policy.

“Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

:child:

Moonrider #24 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postpmgaudio, on 13 August 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

you just got a few children hit the report "Misbehavior in chat" option and you just got banned by report....

Automated systems do not give strikes for exactly this reason.
TKs are reviewed monthly, and then IF you fall into a category requiring a ban (11% or more games with team damage) THEN you're issued a strike.
I'm expecting automated chat bans to be handled in a similar manner - once you cross a threshold your account is reviewed and IF further action is deemed necessary, a strike will be issued.

I wouldn't worry about infrequent automated chat bans.

Edited by Moonrider, 14 August 2016 - 12:36 AM.

Boats and ships are female because they are beautiful, lovable, expensive—and unpredictable.

awiggin #25 Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:15 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostMoonrider, on 13 August 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

Automated systems do not give strikes for exactly this reason.
TKs are reviewed monthly, and then IF you fall into a category requiring a ban (11% or more games with team damage) THEN you're issued a strike.
I'm expecting automated chat bans to be handled in a similar manner - once you cross a threshold your account is reviewed and IF further action is deemed necessary, a strike will be issued.

I wouldn't worry about infrequent automated chat bans.

And yet, all WG has to do is clarify this in a note to the player, and perhaps cause less drama for their game.:teethhappy:

Perhaps the warning did state that it was triggered automatically, and does not constitute a real warning...but knowing WG.....:hmm:

Viper069 #26 Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostAussie_Aussie_Aussie, on 13 August 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

What's this young children thing?  EULA states no one under 13yo.  I'm older than most people here and in certain company have a mouth like a sailor.  I'd run out of soap washing the mouths out of most of those 13yo.  Cruise your local mall and you'll see for yourself.  Granted there's some things said here and ingame that are edgy or maybe even offensive or obnoxious, but I rarely see many instances of things that rise to the occasion of permanently banning folks.   This nonsense has gotten way out of hand.  When I was younger and someone was giving me jazz a simple "f**k off" was my reply and that was it.  Now it seems like people wet themselves and start crying, "I'm going to tell on you".  WAAAAAAAA!!!!   The world can be unkind sometimes, you'd be well advised to grow a thicker skin.  This is the kiddie pool compared to what's out there.

LuckyOtter #27 Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:09 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostViper069, on 14 August 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

What's this young children thing?  EULA states no one under 13yo

This is true, but it is not practically enforceable. Anyone with an email can sign up to play.  

No different than going on to Alcohol websites that say "Please verify that you are 21 years of age"  Just click "yes' and you are in.

It's not enforceable by Wargaming.  Hopefully the kids parents are looking over their shoulders to see what games they play.

And, yes, kids say a lot of stupid things. Often in Chat, because they think they can get away with it.

And, which I think this is the case here, they can rage by using the automated report system, which is *not* perma-ban.  If Aussie, doesn't get a review and email from a WG employee, it's probably not a permanent strike against him.

Edited by sea_otter, 15 August 2016 - 01:19 AM.

Gray Wolf Recruitment Officer                                 

USN: T6 New Mexico, Farragut and Cleveland; T7 Ranger; T8 Lexington, North Carolina, New Orleans; T9 Fletcher --- IJN: T4 Isokaze; T5 Furutaka and Zuiho; T6 Fuso, Fubuki and Ryuho; T7 Myoko; T8 Shokaku and Shiratsuya; T9 Yugumo and Ibuki; --- RU: T6 Budyonny; T8 Chapeyev; T9 Udaloi; T10 Moskva --- KM:  T5 Konigsberg, T7 Leberecht Maass, T8 Adm. Hipper T9 Roon; T10 Gorber Kurfurst; --- UK: T6 Leander, T8 Edinburgh; --- PREMIUMS: T3 Campbeltown; T4 Imperitor Nickolai I and Ishizuchi; T5 Texas, Marblehead, Kamikaze R, Gremyashky, Murmansk,and ARP Hiei; T6 Warspite and Molotov; T7 Atlanta, Belfast,  Saipan, Scharnhorst, Blyskawica, Sims, ARP Hashigara and Nachi; T8 Mikhail Kutuzov, Lo Yang, Atago, ARP Takao, and Tirpitz!

LuckyOtter #28 Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:16 AM

Ensign

• Members

Aussie, I think you should PM NikoPower tomorrow when he is back in the office.  He should be able to clarify for you if this is indeed a "strike" against you that will lead to a perma-ban.. probably just all of those immature people unloaded all 7 of their "Misbehave in Chat" reports on you, which triggered the automated ban system.  If you didn't receive an email from a WG employee, it's probably not a Strike against you.

I think we all need to realize this is a brand new system that is bound to have some things to be smoothed out. But, it is meant to better our community all-around.

Gray Wolf Recruitment Officer                                 

USN: T6 New Mexico, Farragut and Cleveland; T7 Ranger; T8 Lexington, North Carolina, New Orleans; T9 Fletcher --- IJN: T4 Isokaze; T5 Furutaka and Zuiho; T6 Fuso, Fubuki and Ryuho; T7 Myoko; T8 Shokaku and Shiratsuya; T9 Yugumo and Ibuki; --- RU: T6 Budyonny; T8 Chapeyev; T9 Udaloi; T10 Moskva --- KM:  T5 Konigsberg, T7 Leberecht Maass, T8 Adm. Hipper T9 Roon; T10 Gorber Kurfurst; --- UK: T6 Leander, T8 Edinburgh; --- PREMIUMS: T3 Campbeltown; T4 Imperitor Nickolai I and Ishizuchi; T5 Texas, Marblehead, Kamikaze R, Gremyashky, Murmansk,and ARP Hiei; T6 Warspite and Molotov; T7 Atlanta, Belfast,  Saipan, Scharnhorst, Blyskawica, Sims, ARP Hashigara and Nachi; T8 Mikhail Kutuzov, Lo Yang, Atago, ARP Takao, and Tirpitz!

Viper069 #29 Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postsea_otter, on 14 August 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

Aussie, I think you should PM NikoPower tomorrow when he is back in the office.  He should be able to clarify for you if this is indeed a "strike" against you that will lead to a perma-ban.. probably just all of those immature people unloaded all 7 of their "Misbehave in Chat" reports on you, which triggered the automated ban system.  If you didn't receive an email from a WG employee, it's probably not a Strike against you.

I think we all need to realize this is a brand new system that is bound to have some things to be smoothed out. But, it is meant to better our community all-around.

You don't receive strikes because some putz spams the 'misbehaved in chat' button.  All instances that result in strikes have to be submitted to support with accompanying documentation.

Feragus #30 Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:44 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostViper069, on 15 August 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

You don't receive strikes because some putz spams the 'misbehaved in chat' button.  All instances that result in strikes have to be submitted to support with accompanying documentation.

Yes actually you do... I asked a guy to tone it down on the profanity in a game today and literally 30 seconds later I was chat banned for "User complaints" Haven't said a word in weeks in chat other than the start of the game on which direction is the fleet heading.

Viper069 #31 Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostFeragus, on 15 August 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

Yes actually you do... I asked a guy to tone it down on the profanity in a game today and literally 30 seconds later I was chat banned for "User complaints" Haven't said a word in weeks in chat other than the start of the game on which direction is the fleet heading.

No, actually you don't.  We're not talking about the same thing here.  There's a huge difference in the typical chat ban and the new strike system.  You do not directly receive strikes via the ingame report system.  There's a process in place and certain requirements must be met.  You'll know when you've received a strike because you will be directly notified by WG staff.

HowitzerBlitzer #32 Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:36 AM

Ensign

• Members

Good thing it's working now.

Spoiler

Yam + Tomato = Yamato

No1yuKnoW #33 Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:06 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostFog_Cruiser_Zara, on 12 August 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Must have left for that BBQ that Paul and Meathead were talking about on the video today :hmm:

I bet it was an all kosher bbq:trollface:

awiggin #34 Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:55 PM

Captain

• Members

Well, is WG actually enforcing the new rules?

Actually reported a player in general chat today for racist comments and hate speech. Got a response that the matter had been addressed, logged back on later to find him still there, still spewing nonsense....:amazed:

Is there any point in wasting the time to report someone thru a ticket, if you're just going to ignore it?

NorthBayite #35 Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:55 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Mate you are not the only one.  This is suppose to be a team oriented game when the statement could not be further from the truth all I have found is there is green and red which ever colour is wiped out first wins. The game needs a revamping to the point where a person has to pass grades by proving they know what each ships roll is by actually doing it for a set period once they have passed that move on to the next like a training room full of bots and a player has to accomplish missions to advance once they passed all training they can move into Co-Op and play with a live team to beat bots using what they learned in training room. once they have had so many games in co op and completed a measured goal they can advance to random... once they enter random they prove their skills there too. and once so many missions and or games are done they can then start ranked battles... Sort of like you do in school...  You do not advance to the next grade until you have all your classes passed. By the time they hit ranked they have played every type of ship and know what they can and can not do so they know how to best fill their roll on a team and know what has to be done.  It will never be done but it would certainly obliterate any of this smart/foul mouthed ego hyped chat because if they fail at that point they know why and what to do next time around.  The way it is now someone that has never really played can go pick up a tier 8 BB (Which is insane>Like giving the keys of a muscle car to a teenager and expect them not to get wrecked and take the ones around them with them)  It would be a graduated system like the Daily Missions but on a larger scale. To better understand what I was trying to say watch this >>> https://youtu.be/IfvMwKieP3U 

I would message WG - Niko Power And NyxWGA as they have asked here > http://forum.worldof...74#entry2221274  Tell them everything I am sure they would be fair about it. 

awiggin #36 Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• Members

Now coming up on two months since the first three month reward period was up......Seems like you've completely dropped the ball on this one...:facepalm:

http://forum.worldof...olation-policy/

awiggin #37 Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

Captain

• Members

View Postawiggin, on 29 December 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

Now coming up on two months since the first three month reward period was up......Seems like you've completely dropped the ball on this one...:facepalm:

http://forum.worldof...olation-policy/

This is embarrassing....

Did WG decide not to actually enforce the policies and then decide the rewards wouldn't be given either?

Is communication a lost art at WG? 

Herr_Reitz #38 Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

I wondered where this thread went... 

awiggin #39 Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:01 PM

Captain

• Members

Here we are, once again 2 weeks past the 2nd 3 month period, with no comment by WG....:hmm:

fbrrhd #40 Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:20 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I WOULD BE HAPPY if the could just chat ban the ONE guy that really needs it!!!

He hit the f keys the whole game and we all know who HE is!!(he's not the professional he claims!)

BAN THAT GUY!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users