New Rules Violations Policy in effect starting this afternoon

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

NyxWGA #1 Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:10 PM

Player Experience Supevisor

• Developers

Greetings Captains!

We've sorted out our issues with the forum points, and everyone should now have a clean slate. We'll be switching over to the new policy in a couple of hours - 15:00 Pacific/18:00 Eastern.

We've reformatted the Rules page in an effort to make it easier to locate things. There are some additional explanations in the spoilers, but the rules themselves have not changed.

http://forum.worldof...15-forum-rules/

Remember that if you disagree with a warning or strike, you can file a support ticket to have it reviewed. All of the moderators have been through training, but we're all human so mistakes are possible.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Edited by NyxWGA, 12 August 2016 - 09:12 PM.

javascript:void(0)

SgtMajorBuzz #2 Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:12 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Confirmed,  they are adding tankers to WoWS. I can't wait to grind for the Exxon Valdez

LadyJess #3 Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:13 PM

Ensign

• Members

Love that kitty , bring on the weekend :)

NyxWGA #4 Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:13 PM

Player Experience Supevisor

• Developers

I caught my mistake and edited almost immediately, but you had already noticed :teethhappy:

Niko on this forum, and GhostPrime on the WoT PC forums have both left early for the day, so I'm posting the same message in multiple places!

javascript:void(0)

Goose21891 #5 Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:17 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostNyxWGA, on 12 August 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

I caught my mistake and edited almost immediately, but you had already noticed :teethhappy:

Niko on this forum, and GhostPrime on the WoT PC forums have both left early for the day, so I'm posting the same message in multiple places!

Must have left for that BBQ that Paul and Meathead were talking about on the video today :hmm:

Captain_Dorja #6 Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:21 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Does this mean I'm going to lose my upvotes? I like they. They make me feel like I have friends.

USN: All BBs, CAs, DDs. Lexington, Missouri, Alabama, Saipan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Arizona, Texas, Albany, Lo Yang

IJN:  Hiryu, Hatsuharu, Yugumo, Mogami, Amagi, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Fubuki, Akatsuki, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Nagato, ARP Takao, Atago
Germany: Bayern, Hipper, Emden, Nurnberg, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz

Russia: Shchors, Kiev, Imperator Nikolai, Gremyashchy, Anshan, Molotov, Leningrad, Mikhail Kutuzov

Britain and Allies: Leander, Campbeltown, Perth, Warspite, Dunkerque, Blyskawica, Belfast

DarthDoge #7 Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:30 PM

Captain

• Members

Thanks Nyx. 

Cruiser_Ashigara_ #8 Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

Lovely kitty

HowitzerBlitzer #9 Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:59 PM

Ensign

• Members

Does this mean we can break rules right now and have the points taken away in a few hours?

brb I know what I'm doing!

Signature by HowitzerBlitzer

Yam + Tomato = Yamato

NikoPower #10 Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:17 PM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on 12 August 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

Does this mean we can break rules right now and have the points taken away in a few hours?

brb I know what I'm doing!

I wouldn't recommend testing the theory.

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

HowitzerBlitzer #11 Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:28 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 12 August 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

Don't worry - I recommended someone else for the task.

Ahahaha, what if someone actually did try it.

Edited by HowitzerBlitzer, 12 August 2016 - 10:46 PM.

Signature by HowitzerBlitzer

Yam + Tomato = Yamato

In_Cog_Neato #12 Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:39 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

https://na.wargaming...kb/articles/680

I believe the overall rule set, written for WoT, needs an adjustment for WoWs, as accidental bumping into fellow ships seems more common than in tanks.  This game plays differently than WoT.  Different game play needs different rules.  I believe it needs adjustment for WoWp as well.

Still, good on ya for attempting to get rid of the trolls.

FOG_Battleship_Hyuuga #13 Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

View PostIn_Cog_Neato, on 12 August 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

https://na.wargaming...kb/articles/680

I believe the overall rule set, written for WoT, needs an adjustment for WoWs, as accidental bumping into fellow ships seems more common than in tanks.  This game plays differently than WoT.  Different game play needs different rules.  I believe it needs adjustment for WoWp as well.

Still, good on ya for attempting to get rid of the trolls.

Yeah, I do like that they are going over things to make the rules more clear cut and stuff, although there should be a paragraph regarding what happens if trolls try to spam fake "this person needs a strike" via reporting, i know you can only do it 7 times but still.

All Hail the Mighty Bunlion!  Keeper of the Great Northern Cinnamon Rolls! -dingodude

I'm not dead, you can find me in game if you wanna chat

CapnCappy #14 Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:43 PM

Commander

• Members

FYI to the mods. The (some of the) rules still mention tanks instead of ships.

Mexicanarmada15 #15 Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Is this the end of raunchy jokes in forum? Who will make innuendos safely now?? These are the questions that need answering....

Edited by Mexicanarmada15, 13 August 2016 - 08:25 PM.

Spoiler

CAPTMUDDXX #16 Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:20 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

Subtle innuendo is very much needed

ImaKillYou #17 Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:36 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostFOG_Battleship_Hyuuga, on 13 August 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

Yeah, I do like that they are going over things to make the rules more clear cut and stuff, although there should be a paragraph regarding what happens if trolls try to spam fake "this person needs a strike" via reporting, i know you can only do it 7 times but still.

Just a lil FYI:

The ingame report system is NOT part of this. All reports must me submitted via ticket to support. All reports must have PROOF (screenshot/replay/chatlog) of rule violation. All reports will be checked by WG employee, and then a warning/strike will be issued. All warnings/strikes can be appealed. Also, filing false reports gets the reportee warnings/strikes.

Edited by ImaKillYou, 13 August 2016 - 09:37 PM.

Aussie_Aussie_Aussie #18 Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:10 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 12 August 2016 - 10:17 PM, said:

I have  been chat banned already. I asked some players in a div to stop using the foul language they were using and reminded them that young children could be playing. I was promptly inundated with racial slurs and abuse. then focus fired by everyone including some team mates. They said stfu and asked me if I have heard of freedom of speech and that I should go and have sex with a wallaby. When I got back to port I had been chat banned!!. I submitted a ticket , but guess what no answer. I don't have a replay cause I forgot to activate it after I installed on a new PC. Please explain what I am to do about this. or do I just accept this flawed system and move on. Also is it possible the WG could have replays as a in game option? This is the second time I have been chat banned now. The first one was well and truly deserved. I did not understand how many times I vented my frustration of my own bad play on others. I would suggest everyone does a quick self check on what you type when your "having a bad day" as I didn't really realise how salty I can get. So my apologies to any I have offended in the past. Please look into something regarding this abuse of a well meaning policy.

FurDenKaiser1914 #19 Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:12 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

How long until I can break all the rules?

"Raubfische bekommen immer ihre Beute"~~"Predators always get their Prey"

Hey kid,

*CERTIFIED* Grand Alpha Roasty Toasty Toaster!

OldWolf06A #20 Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:02 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I would like to see an new punishment added if a player kills an allied player. The killer should not be able to play any ships for the amount they cost the other player in battle. Example: If the kill happens 5 minutes in then the killer can't play for 15 minutes. Also I would like to know that the player is pink requardless of the amount of hp taken to kill the ships.

Edited by OldWolf06A, 14 August 2016 - 12:04 AM.

Warships Today Stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users