Announcing Supremacy Qualifier Weekend, and Season 3!

Turtles Pokemon league Competitive Supremacy Tournament #GetGood

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

SterlingArcher1942 #1 Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:06 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Supertester

http://www.warshipsupremacyleague.com

The Season 3 Qualifier tournament is coming! Slated for Sept 9!

What is it? Supremacy is a community run league, partnered with Wargaming. This tourney's your team’s chance to earn a slot in the premier or silver leagues of Supremacy Season 3!

In order for teams who haven’t previously played a Supremacy regular season, the Qualifier will allow them to potentially be placed in the premier or silver divisions, they must either win a qualifier weekend tournament or battle their way up, winning one league at a time. Now’s your chance to directly enter an upper league!

All teams are heavily encouraged to participate in qualifier events. Teams that are already ranked WILL NOT receive a demotion based off of a qualifier event. Qualifier event results will only factor into consideration of direct placement into a league for new teams, or a successful qualifier tournament run can be used as to help justify a league rank up for established teams.

Qualifier Tournament Format:

• 9v9, Tier 8 max, 1 CV max, 3 BB max, 3 ships of a nation max (Lo Yang = USN DD), 3 premiums max
  • Three point domination
  • Match consists of best of 3 battles
  • Single elimination tournament
  • Fri Sept 9th

Season 3 Format Sneak Peek:

Standard round robin play, 2 self-scheduled matches a week for 7 weeks of play, followed by 2-3 weeks of playoffs

Ruleset similar to the qualifier weekend.

Gamemode will change per week and will be provided at the start of the season with the map rotation list.

20 man roster max, roster substitutions allowed.

Current Schedule:

Sept 5: Season 3 qualifier / regular season registration ends

Sept 9-10: Qualifier Weekend
Sept 12: Pre-season meetings for all 3 leagues

Sept 13: Season 3 Start

More details and a full ruleset to follow!

This is all of the information the league has to release at this time. We will release more information as it becomes available. League administrators will only release information via the official channels (SL Forum, WG Forum, Twitter).

Register for the Season 3 and the qualifier tourney here: https://goo.gl/forms/VqVVWCHm4aYa8JQz2

If you intend to play S3 but not play in the qualifier register here: https://goo.gl/forms/xOUsQgxiiZtr9xnr2

Please address any questions or roster changes to the email: admin@warshipsupremacyleague.com

Edited by SterlingArcher1942, 09 September 2016 - 03:13 AM.

Warship Supremacy League Co-Founder and Admin

Looking for a competitive warships experience? Feel free to message me or check out http://www.warshipsupremacyleague.com

taut #2 Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:29 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

No clue what this is and am interested in finding out what exactly it is.

You should link this on general though if you want peeps to see it.

GL though :)

Edited by slak__, 06 August 2016 - 06:29 AM.

True_Romance #3 Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:16 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

There aren't enough teams for a gold, silver and open division. Why was that added? So bad teams will only play other bad teams and never learn anything from going up against more skilled competition? Too many rules, too many regulations.
Resident Savage of TORPS

3fm #4 Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

Seaman

• Members

Last two season's it doubled its membership in teams, Wargaming sponsored some really good prizes and nothing like getting your match streamed live. Sounds like they know what their doing.

Want to play against or with the best? Come check it out.

Edited by 3fm, 06 August 2016 - 12:33 PM.

warhawk67 #5 Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

I don't know exactly how many teams there were last season and this one but I am excited about the prospect of what lays ahead for us in Season 3.  I'm sure as these guys go through the process of setting these up there will be some bumps in the road but I think it's important that we continue to show our support.  As for "too many rules", I've seen a lot more than this and the interest in the tournament was high.  The ruleset for the WGLNA for Tanks is far more extensive than these are.  Even some of the tournaments that wargaming puts on have had more rules than this.

Stout Hearts

-AK2-Warhawk

Vas79 #6 Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Our full rule set will follow shortly, it should be very similar to season two with just a few tweaks.  And as always previous to the start of the season we'll have a meeting to preview and review the rules so that every team has an understanding of them. 

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

WarShip Supremacy League Co Founder - Admin

https://www.warships...macyleague.com/

Black_Sheep9 #7 Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostTrue_Romance, on 06 August 2016 - 04:16 AM, said:

There aren't enough teams for a gold, silver and open division. Why was that added? So bad teams will only play other bad teams and never learn anything from going up against more skilled competition? Too many rules, too many regulations.

Oh Konflict, will you ever change that attitude? :trollface:

Vas79 #8 Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Hey Black,

Good to see you back, you have the discord info?

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

True_Romance #9 Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:05 AM

• Members

View Post3fm, on 06 August 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

Last two season's it doubled its membership in teams, Wargaming sponsored some really good prizes and nothing like getting your match streamed live. Sounds like they know what their doing.

Want to play against or with the best? Come check it out.

No, it hasn't. The last season had 10 teams, a couple of which dropped before the season began and 1 or 2 others that dropped without finishing the season. But let's go ahead and assume a few more teams register for season 3, we can be optimistic and say what? 15 teams? Now split 15 into a gold, silver and open division. You now have maybe 3-4 teams at the top, 3-4 at the bottom and the majority of 7-8 in the middle. The teams at the top and bottom are going to be playing the same team every other week? Boringggggggggg!! Unless I am clueless and they have like 30 teams they think will be registerring but I think we all know that is not the case because we all know this game does not have an overwhelmingly active player base.
Resident Savage of TORPS

True_Romance #10 Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:07 AM

• Members

View PostBlack_Sheep9, on 06 August 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

Oh Konflict, will you ever change that attitude? :trollface:

A logical and realist attitude? Nah, I'll keep it. Thanks!
Resident Savage of TORPS

Vas79 #11 Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

The summer series in July drew 16 teams from I think 12 different clans.  We can add or remove divisions as required based on the number of teams.  Part of having a roster cap is to encourage larger groups like FOG to enter multiple teams.  Divisions should hopefully allow us to have teams of similar skill levels playing each other, which should lead to more exciting games to play and to watch.  If for some reason we have lower turn out we'll make adjustments as required.  

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

Destroyer_Johnston #12 Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:07 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Cant wait for this.

"Even as we began laying smoke, the Japanese started lobbing shells at us and Johnston had to zigzag between the splashes....

We were the first destroyer to make smoke, the first to start firing, the first to launch a torpedo attack...."

Wherever there is a mess the destroyer runs first She is expendable and dangerous.

KNTAI Recruitment Officer

3fm #13 Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:31 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostTrue_Romance, on 07 August 2016 - 12:05 AM, said:

No, it hasn't. The last season had 10 teams, a couple of which dropped before the season began and 1 or 2 others that dropped without finishing the season. But let's go ahead and assume a few more teams register for season 3, we can be optimistic and say what? 15 teams? Now split 15 into a gold, silver and open division. You now have maybe 3-4 teams at the top, 3-4 at the bottom and the majority of 7-8 in the middle. The teams at the top and bottom are going to be playing the same team every other week? Boringggggggggg!! Unless I am clueless and they have like 30 teams they think will be registerring but I think we all know that is not the case because we all know this game does not have an overwhelmingly active player base.

I would reply but, Vas pointed out your errors of counting how many teams played. I get the feeling you have never played much competitive anything. Most leagues, at top tier play especially, will play each other MULTIPLE times. Since most of the teams are good its not boring as anybody can lose on any day due to roster issues, scheduling issues. Also since everyone is good its great to watch also. We saw this in the tournament and in the season play. Either way, feel free to continue to follow and watch. I enjoy your pessimism and continued support, I mean at the very least you bump the thread every time you reply, I love it!

True_Romance #14 Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

• Members

I know the numbers kid, I talked to Vas, I follow the league, I'm aware. There is no pessimism, it was a legitimate question which Vas did address, he didn't point out any errors. He clearly said if adjustments need to be made due to lack of numbers or participation then that would happen so he clearly understands there is a possibility it could be an issue. Take your fail trolling elsewhere 3fm.:child:
Resident Savage of TORPS

Macabe #15 Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:39 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

Looking forward to this. :)

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

Black_Sheep9 #16 Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostVas79, on 06 August 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

Hey Black,

Good to see you back, you have the discord info?

Yes, I have been around just not with regularity.  It has been a busy summer around here and yes I have the discord info.

SterlingArcher1942 #17 Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:49 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Supertester

If you've any roster changes to make please just address them to the email: admin@warshipsupremacyleague.com

Prior to the event and S3 when I copy paste everyones rosters we'll make the appropriate changes as requested.

Hopefully we'll be able to get the website up quickly so that team leaders can make roster changes themselves there.

Warship Supremacy League Co-Founder and Admin

Looking for a competitive warships experience? Feel free to message me or check out http://www.warshipsupremacyleague.com

Vas79 #18 Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

We've got 4 teams signed up for the qualifier so far, you still have time so get your clan mates and get a team in.  We're also once again officially sponsored for season three with WarGaming throwing in doubloons for the top three teams in each division.  

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

Vas79 #19 Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

We're up to eight teams;

Team-SF

Fleet of Fog

Armored Knights

Old IronSides

The Black Fleet

(F)eed (O)our (G)roup

KNTAI - The Regular

KNTAI - Joint Forces

16 days left until registration closes.  

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

Vas79 #20 Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

We'll have an announcement about the qualifier shortly, and just a reminder you have 15 days left to register your team for season three of Supremacy.

APOC CO/HMFIC

56CTv67.png

Also tagged with Turtles, Pokemon, league, Competitive, Supremacy, Tournament, #GetGood

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users