RazgrizRaptor's Many Mods Thread.

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

RazgrizRaptor #41 Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:30 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Alright, so after a bit of unnecessary tinkering that slowed things down (sorry I got distracted. ^^;) both the Nation Namer files and the Flags are updated for 16.0.

additionally now France and the Commonwealth have been renamed into Strangereal nations. however since I do not own any commonwealth ships, I have no idea what flag they fly so I wasn't able to edit theirs, my current suspicion is they fly the Usean flag. Additionally, now when you go to filter the ships, it'll show the strangereal nation name and not our world's nation name. For example, instead of saying "Show Pan Asia Ships" it'll say "Show Lasathoese ships"... what? I didn't know what else to call them. lol

"I hurt you to death!"

"When history witness a great change. Razgriz will reveal itself. First as a dark demon, as a demon it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns. This time as a great hero. Today is that day."

AzureComet #42 Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:41 AM

Seaman

• Members

They do fly Usean flags, Emmeria looks good!

RazgrizRaptor #43 Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:37 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

ah, thanks. tho that does tempt me to change them to Usea (so the nation would be there twice) until they get their own flag. lol

oh also quick update to the nation namer file. I just realized I forgot to change 3 nation's names, that's been fixed now. ^^;

"I hurt you to death!"

"When history witness a great change. Razgriz will reveal itself. First as a dark demon, as a demon it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns. This time as a great hero. Today is that day."

AzureComet #44 Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:00 AM

Seaman

• Members

Have you thought about changing one of the appearance flags you et from challenges, missions and other stuff to ISAF or another flag used in the universe?

RazgrizRaptor #45 Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:31 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

I have thought of doing that in the past, however I've found little reason to modify additional flags. the ranked flags and nation flags are probably going to be the only ones that I'll modify.

I've been leaving organizations like the ISAF or OMDF out since they're technically represented by any ship flying that nation's flag.

"I hurt you to death!"

AzureComet #46 Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:43 AM

Seaman

• Members

I think this is the first time I'd like a game to STOP updating,

Now we're at .16.1

RazgrizRaptor #47 Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:40 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

yeah... I'm wishing the updates would slow down a bit too. however looking at the patch notes, I don't see anything that requires me to update the files. the things they did are bug fixes and those usually don't mess with the .dds files or the text ones.

I wouldn't be surprised tho if they reshuffled the flags for why nots anyways. well, once it updates and I'm able to run some tests, I'll post the results saying "just move the files" or "here's the updated stuff." XP

"I hurt you to death!"

RazgrizRaptor #48 Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:58 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

alright so, it seems that none of the files need updating, so just copy what you got in 16.0 to 16.1. additionally when january starts, I should have a bit of free time to give the Belkan and Usean aircraft the attention they've deserved.

which basically means that I'll be resuming work on that now that I've shuffled through some of the recovered files, gotten through the holidays, in-game events, colds, family, and other nonsense that's been really slowing progression on that project. so early 2017 will see the release of even more Strangereal aircraft. ^^

"I hurt you to death!"

AzureComet #49 Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:09 PM

Seaman

• Members

Glad to hear it! Also, 2017 is rumored to have subs so....

RazgrizRaptor #50 Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:43 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

although I'm doubtful there will be subs, I wouldn't mind seeing them join since it'd give a better purpose to sonar... also if subs are joining then they better give us Arpeggio's I-401 as well, I would be a little salty since she and Gunzou are captains of the T9 "ARP I-401" submarine, but we never get it. lol

that and DDs are already sort of like much faster subs... it'd also be interesting since DDs could maybe take depth charges as a new consumable or as an additional weapon type.

"I hurt you to death!"

RazgrizRaptor #51 Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:31 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

So while setting up to update mods and paint planes, I realized something, I think I accidentally reverted one of the mods I uploaded to an older version... I think. what's missing? will, the nation flags are meant to be displayed behind the ships, I only discovered this cause I was seeing if I had unpacked the flags for the nations so I could quickly make the new ones for nations like France and Pan-asia. well all this means is I'll unpack them, edit the files required and include them with the newest version of Flags of Strangereal when I complete it.

oh also, coming soon... (unless like I suspect, this element was accidentally deleted somehow. in which case, "returning soon". lol)

P.S. I also just discovered I spelled "Leasath" wrong... that'll be fixed with the next update too. lol

Edited by RazgrizRaptor, 14 January 2017 - 03:43 AM.

"I hurt you to death!"

RazgrizRaptor #52 Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:43 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

So I think this is the first time I can give an advance notice for my mod. lol

what do I mean? well, with 6.0 comes a fresh wave of aircraft, flags, and more. sometime tomorrow (once I update "Nations of Strangereal) here's what to expect in all four mods...

Mod #1: Aircraft of Strangereal
    -Files have been streamlined so they'll take up less space and hopefully load faster.
    -Alabama's aircraft has been given proper Osean Roundels.
    -Arizona's aircraft has been given proper Osean Roundels.
    -All British aircraft have been remade into Usean aircraft.

Mod #2: Nations of Strangereal
    Nation names have been corrected and the nations are as follows...
U.S.A. = Osea
JAPAN = Erusea
RUSSIA = Yuktobania
GERMANY = Belka
UNITED KINGDOM = Usea
POLAND = Ustio
PAN ASIA = Leasath
FRANCE = Emmeria
COMMONWEALTH = Usea, the reason for them also being Usea is their ships also use the same file for the flag on ships, until they get their own flag there's nothing I can do. >.<;

Mod #3: Flags of Strangereal
    -flags have been updated to show in the tech tree, behind commanders, and on and behind ships of their respective nations.

-Battleship Missouri's American flag has been replaced by an Osean flag.

-Cruiser Belfast's Union Jack has been replaced with a Usean flag.

Mod #4: Arpeggio Smoke and Fire for All Ships
    nothing's changed here.

If you encounter any issues or I missed something please let me know on this post and I'll fix it in the next update. thank you for all your support. <3 ^^

What's coming?...

-Belkan Aircraft are being prepped for painting, these might take longer than the past planes since I've got a couple ideas I'm gonna try to make them a little prettier, if I like how it looks then maybe some of the other nations will get some extra TLC.

-I've discovered how to change the pictures of the perma flags so once I snap some good pictures of the ranked/heroic squadron flags, they'll be included in "Flags of Strangereal" mod.

-Flags of Strangereal will be updated to replace the French, Pan Asian, and Whoever else needs a flag (Commonwealth's just using the Usean one that already exists until they have their own flag).

-if I have time, Osean F9F's will get their special camo redone so the wings and body camo lines up better... or they'll get a new, simpler camo that isn't based off of Heartbreak One. lol

-uhh... more to come? I think that's everything, but I'm always adding and subtracting ideas for this mod. 

Again, if you find any errors in spelling, glitches with camos, or anything else. please tell me so I can fix them ASAP. again thanks for the support, I hadn't realized how many people were actually using my little mods. (honestly I thought it was just me and like... 4 others. XP)

Edited by RazgrizRaptor, 18 January 2017 - 01:05 PM.

"I hurt you to death!"

AzureComet #53 Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Seaman

• Members

So, this update is concerning but I'm looking forwards to blasting other  strangereal boats :)

RazgrizRaptor #54 Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:04 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

@AzureComet, yeah, I've got mixed feelings about this update too, but for now that doesn't stop me from making my little mods.

Alright Strangereal Captains, here's what's up and running as of now.

Strangereal nation names is up and running.

Aircraft are all good to go, German planes are still being painted so they'll be coming along in a later update.

the flags on ships are their proper strangereal nation, this is also the file where you'll find Belfast and Missouri's turret flags as well.

- please note the flags for the tech tree aren't fully online yet, so sorry french ships are flying a french flag in the tech tree but are called Emmeria and fly their Emmerian flag in game. same goes for other nations.

OH! one last thing, although this one is unknown when it'll happen since I'm waiting on warships. with their announcement of legendary captains (like Steven Seagal), I've begun prep work for when they announce an american CV captain. in the future maybe some lucky few will get to sail alongside a true legend.

Spoiler

If you encounter problems then please let me know so I may address them ASAP. good hunting captains. ^^

"I hurt you to death!"

RazgrizRaptor #55 Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:48 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

okay, so as I stated in today's edit, as far as I can tell none of the files require an update from 6.0.0, looking at the patch notes the only things that *might* need updating is the text file and/or the flags. however after examining them in the game I found no issues. but yeah, if you find anything please, please let me know. thanks for the help and for downloading these mods. =3

"I hurt you to death!"

RazgrizRaptor #56 Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

So it just occured to me that 6.1 went live earlier this week... I gotta take a break from Xcom and get back out in the seas.

what this simply means is that I'll start working on updates after I wake up.

"I hurt you to death!"

RazgrizRaptor #57 Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:40 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

all mods should be up to date. enjoy. =]

"I hurt you to death!"

AzureComet #58 Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:40 AM

Seaman

• Members

THanks again for the quick updating!

Honestly im waiting for more ships to get in.

British BB's got delayed because of some yahoo at WG EU.. =.= But hopefully we get a nice premium American BB soon... 

RazgrizRaptor #59 Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

haha, no prob. I guess I'm more excited for future updates to CVs, here's hoping they "Make CVs Great Again". lol

Missouri's pretty awesome (for making money) tho beyond that she's a good ship still, I'd rather see them add in USS Enterprise or maybe a prem Midway... what's special about it? two words "Angled Flightdeck". lol (basically launch and recover planes at the same time, if back half of ship is on fire, you can launch, but not recover. front on fire, recover, but no launching. (unless you have the emergency launch perk). that's just my idea, not something wargaming's gonna do. I'd love for them to do that tho. lol

As for UKBBs... well, I guess I'm just expecting them to take 1st or 2nd place while the poor old USBBs get to continue to sit in dead last according to statistics. v.v;

I still like my Missouri and Iowa tho, eventually she'll become a Montana, tho it'll be slow going since I'm not that big of a BB player. lol

"I hurt you to death!"

AzureComet #60 Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:09 AM

Seaman

• Members

I d'ont like going over Tier 8 really.. Hindinburg tempts me but still.. as far as CVs? Graf Zeppelin pls. I'm holding out for Alabama, hood, King George Class premium, and probably a german DD priem. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users